TEAM 3! Ready To Rock!!

Options

Replies

• chatpati
    chatpati Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!! Happy to be here!!! It's Chatpati.., not Chatipati... It's ok.. We can correct name spelling later... At least we sorted the chaos of who belongs to what team... I must say its s huge undertaking...and kudos to everyone who worked hard...
    Now it's our turn to do the hard work... Stay focused and reach our individual goals while having fun being on the team!!!
    Good luck all!!
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I finally got placed on a team. I was worried when my name didn't show up on the first version.

My name is Steve. I am a chronic yo yo'r. However, I hurt my back playing ball last August that in turn resulted in minimal exercise and lots of eating ever since. Now my back feels like I can push it again, but I have gained lots of weight over the last 6 months. This challenge will be perfect to get the ball rolling. I have a long term plan of being 50 lbs down by Mid September so I am in good shape for my interviews and the start of next soccer season, which sadly means very restricted alcohol related fun over the summer.

Personal Info: I'm 32, husband of almost 5 years (I guess I should plan something), I have a 2 year old daughter, in night school for accounting while working days, I play saxophone in a band that has a new album soon to be released this month, soccer is over for now, ball is starting soon, my credit card number is 4803 083 387 (just kidding), and I live in B.C (Pacific Time Zone). That's me in a nut shell.

Personally, I like Spring Cleaners from the three suggestions so far.

Glad to be aboard!!
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the crowd Steve. Sounds like you are a pretty busy guy. Thanks for the gift.(credit card)
  • JagZag
    Options
    Chatpati, sorry about the name confusion.
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Quick question: does the challenge consist of specific exercises, amount of pounds we lose or increase in preassessment numbers?
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    I've never done the challenge before, but my take on it is there are two separate challenges.
    1) Spring Break Training Challenge, which is weight and nutrition related
    2) Amazing Race, which is exercise related
    Any exercise will tally towards reaching your destination
    I think there is a chance during a roadblock she might specify a certain exercise (or fun quirky activity... Trivia...etc)

Pre-Assessment is a personal measure. Ideally to show improvement over weeks to keep you motivated when the scale isn't cooperating. It's a big picture assessment for your benefit only.

However, that's just my guess. I could easily be wrong.
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mrtubbs welcome, and you are correct!
    There is the weight loss (which will be a combined loss of the team) and the amazing race part which will be the combined minutes of exercise of the team (with everyone having to give at least 10% of the total and no one person counting for more than 50%).
    Then there's quirky challenges for fun thrown in each week like Russian dancing or 5 color food for a week. It will be described in detail each week!
  • Headrain
    Options
    Welcome Chatpati!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Quick question....I know we update our weight on the spreadsheet, but when do we weigh in? I'm sure it said it somewhere, but I can't remember.
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Quick question....I know we update our weight on the spreadsheet, but when do we weigh in? I'm sure it said it somewhere, but I can't remember.

Tuesdays, if I remember correctly.
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    Tuesday ideally, but weights will be accepted as late as Thursday
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm very excited about this challenge and from reading the posts it appears we have an awesome team :) Little info about me; My name is Christine and I'm a 41 year old mother of three (2 boys (10 and 9) and a 6 year old girl), happily married for almost 12 years and work full time as a Procurement/Operations Lead for the Department of the Defense-Navy. I started working out again about 2 months ago and I feel so much better now, especially when I'm lifting heavy weights! I'd love to lose another 15 or so lbs by July and most of all firm up. I look forward to all of the encouragement, advice and success I know this team is going to offer!!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    Update coming tomorrow afternoon after my first big bike event of the year. 200k (122 miles) over rolling hills of South-east Ireland. Weather forecast looks reasonable. Last time i did this one, I totally underestimated the effect of passing my front door after 140k, with a further 2 hours to the finish line.
    At the start line for 7am, so it's early to bed and early to rise.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Pat, what are your expectations for the race? Should we say good luck or break a leg? Don't know cycling superstitions, lol.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Welcome Christine, your kids are really cute.
  • Headrain
    Options
    You need to enter your weight by Tuesday to have it count. But if your weight date is Sunday, for example, that's fine. Just get it on the spreadsheet by Tursday.
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Pat, what are your expectations for the race? Should we say good luck or break a leg? Don't know cycling superstitions, lol.

Not break a leg anyway, JagZag!

It's a social event, rather than race which suits me at my age! Goal will be to get one another to the finish, and hopefully not walking like John Wayne tomorrow!
  • JagZag
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just read this weeks challenges. I'm in for the dance: Food, not so much. Wonder if Greek Yogurt counts??? Shouldn't be too hard to find 5 things Greek, should it? I have grapes, olives and feta on hand, just need to find a couple of other things. Suggestions appreciated.
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Just read this weeks challenges. I'm in for the dance: Food, not so much. Wonder if Greek Yogurt counts??? Shouldn't be too hard to find 5 things Greek, should it? I have grapes, olives and feta on hand, just need to find a couple of other things. Suggestions appreciated.

I did read that Greek yogurt and spinach will be accepted. I'll try to see if I can find other suggestions for you.

• JagZag
    Options
    Thanks dittybugdesign, with grapes, olives, feta, greek yogurt, and spinach, it's a good start.