★Welcome & introduce yourself here.★

Options
TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Welcome to Operation: Weight Loss Revolution!

You'll find members chatting by posting and replying in the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!
Whether you're a brand new member to MFP or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Operation: Weight Loss Revolution!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey?

2. What are your wl/fitness goals?

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey?

4. Tell us more about you!

After you've replied to this post, check out what other members who joined the group have to say - and say hello to them!
- Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them.

Enjoy your time here and make yourself at home here at Operation: Weight Loss Revolution!

Replies

• masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Since 2013

My goal is to reach 135ish and to bet healthy. Had a health scare this past Christmas that got me more serious.

Almost too many to count! I've been over weight since 13 and have many ups and downs. This is to be my last up cycle. Looking to stay down this time.

I'm 38, married, and the mom of one very energetic 5 year old. There are many health problems in my immediate family and I don't want them, so here I am.
  • RoxyHunterRose
    RoxyHunterRose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been in TOPS since I was nine years old, and have been trying to lose weight on and off seriously for 4 years. This is the time I will!

My starting weight was 321. My current weight is 310. My goal weight is 170!

Oh my goodness! Tons. I want to change that.

I love anime, dogs, and books. My favorite color ever is black and my current hair color is pink! I'm going into cosmetology school at college and I want to look my best!
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My whole life. This time around, since January

I have always made it about the number on the scale. This time, I'm trying something different. This time it is about fitness. We are renting an ocean front house this summer and I don't want to be restricted by my inability to go up and down the hundreds of steps those houses always have.

Way too many to have any idea. :(

I'm a stay at home mom for a little over 5 years now and I put on 80 lbs or so in that same time frame. So now I'm changing some of my focus to me. So that I don't have to watch my family do all of the fun stuff. I'm ready to participate.
  • here_once_again
    here_once_again Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey? I have been actively trying to think about losing weight for a while, but it wasn't until January 2016 that I made the real decision to lose it due to ugly lab results.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals? I want to lose 64 pounds
    3 How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? I gained all my weight back since 2008.

4. Tell us more about you!: I am 43 yrs old and full of excuses as why not to exercise or eat correctly. It does make my kids mad. I need the support to help kick the excuses to the curb. I also use food as a way to punish others and as a way to cope with my depression.
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. I have started my current weight loss journey January 2016.

2. My fitness goal was to lose 50 lbs.

3. I have been on a lifetime of starts and finishes. Last time I did reach goal and stayed there until my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Two years later I reached the highest weight ever.

4. I am 63 years old. I have a wonderful daughter that lives in Oregon. I have three grandchildren there. I live in Kentucky and have lived here for 35 years. I was born in Michigan. My husband passed away in August 2015. I'm still grieving. One of his wishes for me was to get fit again. He was right this heavy version of me isn't who I am.
  • ssmix
    ssmix Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Since 2013 - but haven't really been sticking with it. Thyroid problems caused me to give up because I would work out and do calorie restriction and would end up gaining weight. I didn't realize that the food I was consuming was the cause of my problems.

3. What are your wl/fitness goals?
    I'd like to be healthy - A blood test in the fall put me at risk for a bunch of problems.This coupled with being a Drama teacher putting on school productions (8 am- 9:30 pm days) and having two small children would leave me wrecked on my days off. I would be exhausted and in dire need of rest.
    I was tired of my lack of energy towards my kids and my need to nap instead of playing with them .
    So my fitness goal is to be healthy enough that I can play with my children and tucker them out!

A lot --- I can't even count, like I said I've been doing this since 2013 and have only gained more and more weight.

So I'm an expat and teach in ROK (Republic of Korea, South Korea). Both my husband an I are educators. We have two small children and feel very fortunate to be living the lives we hoped for.
    We're both looking to get healthy but I'm leading the way with all the changes. I also suffer from Hashimoto's disease and was diagnosed in 2014. It has only been these last five months that I've really looked to changing my perspective on my health. Going from helpless to helping myself.
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options

3. I have been on a lifetime of starts and finishes. Last time I did reach goal and stayed there until my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Two years later I reached the highest weight ever.

4. I am 63 years old. I have a wonderful daughter that lives in Oregon. I have three grandchildren there. I live in Kentucky and have lived here for 35 years. I was born in Michigan. My husband passed away in August 2015. I'm still grieving. One of his wishes for me was to get fit again. He was right this heavy version of me isn't who I am.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • kst69
    kst69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ]Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):[/b]

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey? For 22 years. Lose some then gain more back.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals? To lose weight and get healthy. To get off my meds.

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? Too many to can't.

4. Tell us more about you! I have two beautiful sons and a wonderful supportive husband. We live in Oregon. I love what I do. I am so disappointed in my weight it effects my whole. Being right now.

[
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @kst69 My daughter lives in Wilsonville OR. I spent November and December visiting her. It's a pretty place.
  • shmeshica1
    shmeshica1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off the Myfitness app for awhile, since I had my daughter in 2012.
    15 pounds, before June!
    Many!
    I am 24 years old with a 3 year old daughter. I'm just looking to lose the few extra pounds from baby/slacking/college. Currently still in college, but really wanting to stay on track, without the craziness of life getting in the way of my goals. I'd love to connect with a few of you as motivation, add me if you want!
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey? I am about 6 months in to this change of life. THis is really after many years of trying one thing or another. I have a trainer that I meet with a few times a week (4 times) and I walk one or two days on my own.

2. What are your wl/fitness goals? I need to lose 100 pounds more- I have lost 30 since I started in Oct 2015

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? Since Oct I have been going strong..a little backsliding over the holidays, but by far the best self control and moderation in years.

4. Tell us more about you! I am a teacher and currently live overseas and teach at an international school. I really need some friends who understand and can support this journey I am on. There are a few people here that are supportive, but don't really get the day to day challenges to keeping strong.

I am currently at a plateau after losing the 30 pounds SLOWLY..and have been stuck for about 4 weeks. Looking to join a group and stay motivated.
  • TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all!
  • duckylucky2016
    duckylucky2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. How long have you been on your weight loss/fitness journey? I began February 2015. I started MFP last year March just to do the calorie counting, but was in consistent. The app one day gave me lip (something like, "Its been 10 days since you checked in, I don't think you're taking this seriously) so I deleted it. LOL - I showed it! I've been back on for about two weeks. :)

2. What are your wl/fitness goals? I'd like to loose approximately 50 - 60 lbs. and be active at least 30 minutes 6 days per week even if it's just walking.

3. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey? I'm rebounding off my first "stop". I started the journey in February of 2015, stopped in August 2015.

4. Tell us more about you! I'm a christian woman, a singe mother of twin toddlers and I work full-time. I don't have much identity outside of that these days! :)

I love the accountability groups and have just re-joined one on FB as well as this. I really want to be serious this time around and make a lasting change! We can do this!
  • duckylucky2016
    duckylucky2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I'm very sorry for your loss. Grieve as long as you need. I love your motivation! You got this!!
  • mabybaby89
    mabybaby89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been off an on for the past two years, but I'm currently just finishing up week one of trying to get back on track again.

My current goal is to get back down to 140lbs... so, that means losing around 50lbs or so. Ideally, I'd like to be close to that goal by January next year. Losing weight isn't the only thing, though. I want to work on building my endurance too, like in regards to walking, hiking, running, etc.

4. How many starts and stops have you had in your journey?
    About 3, not counting now. The first time I lost 15lbs. The rest I started for a week or two, but life got in the way and I got off track.

5. I'm 26 years old, a Hindu/Jainist, agender, and I just graduated from college after 8 years of hell. I'm not stoked about my degrees, though, as I ended up having to settle for "what I could manage" versus "what I would want". I want to eventually return to school to become a forest ranger, though. I've been engaged for 2 years now. I have a husky/shepard 2 year old dog and a 5 year old yellow/white domestic house cat. I had a gray/black/white house cat named Nicholas, but he died last August after a 6 year fight with liver failure. He was 10 years old.
  • AlexKoula54
    AlexKoula54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

I have been off and on in the fitness world since high school. But I am starting this weight loss journey today, 3/25/16.

My current weight is 260lbs and my goal weight is to be 200 lbs.

Too many to count :-( However this time I am very serious about weight loss because I need to lose 60-70 pounds before I am eligible to enlist in the military.

My name is Alex and I am from central Massachusetts. I am a second semester junior studying homeland security and I want to enlist in the military once I graduate with my bachelors degree in May 2017. I have a wonderful girlfriend whom I've been with since our freshman year of high school who is incredibly supportive of my weight loss goals. I love food, I enjoy weightlifting and hiking but I am not a big fan of cardio (I know, this needs to change.) I am looking for a group of motivated people who are focused on similar goals (weight loss) to push me to stay committed and I will do the same for them! I look forward to hearing any tips, feedback, or anything at all from all of you!

• ArmywifeOpper
    ArmywifeOpper Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Well, this is my second Journey, about 6 or 7 years ago, I went on the journey and lost about 40 lbs, then I had kids, got lazy and am back at it again. I've been at it now this time for about 2 1/2 weeks and have been doing pretty good, I've lost about 5 lbs already, but still need some motivation to keep it going.

I started out at 214 pounds and would like to get down to about 160 - 170 lbs, or a size 10 jean size since this time I'm adding in some muscle work. I'm not as focused on weight this time as I am on size and measurements, but weight is a nice way to measure in the beginning.

So far things are going pretty good, but its only been 2 1/2 weeks. I know there will be some struggles on the way, and I'm not looking forward to the weight loss plateaus that I know I'll hit eventually.

My name is April and I am from central Wisconsin. I work full-time in accounts payable, have a 4 ear old and twin 2 1/2 year olds, and am married. I am currently enrolled online to finish up my Bachelor's in Accounting. I joined to have someplace to connect with others in my shoes to keep me motivated and to share tips on being healthy.