Time to shed these pounds!!!!

Options
SweetKeg
SweetKeg Posts: 1 Member
My wedding is in the summer of 2017 but there is no time like the present to get my body back in shape :-) what are some he exercises or workouts that you think I should do to tighten my tummy and love handles, arms and thighs.

Replies

• kebass01
    kebass01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats!!! Mine is August of this year. For the tummy I have been doing the usually crunches, bicycle crunches, flutter kicks, and press ups (lay on your back and put your feet in the air with your knees slightly bent. Act like there is a ceiling you want to press your feet up to and then back down), and jack knifes (feet in same position as able and do crunches to them). For arms I am focusing on beginner push ups now, and hope to get up to regular soon. Along with cheat presses and chest flies. Then some tricep lifts and lateral raises. For the thighs I have mainly been running and squats. Now and then I will throw in a step class or find a bench at a park and step up and back down on. If you find any other good exercises feel free to share. I am dreading doing planks and mountain climbers but those are suppose to be great too!
  • gansen08
    gansen08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Our wedding is in August and I just fractured my foot any exercise ideas I can do with a boot on my foot! I was doing the 21 Day Fix program and loved it! Autumn works your entire body to burn the most calories and the eating containers work well with myfitnesspal! My 1st round I did not lose many lbs but I lost inches and tones my arms, shoulders, and back! I hope to get back at it next month but in the mean time I want to keep active any suggestions would be great because I have my first fitting in May and need to shape up before then.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Our wedding is mid-August.

Everything is set...I just have 10 more lbs to lose, and some arm-flab to tone up :)

I would love love love some motivation buddies.

Right now I do:
    5 mile round-trip bicycle commute (daily)
    1 hour circuit training (1x/week)
    1 hour Spinning (1x/week)
    1/2 hour HardCore workout (1x/week)
    1 hour Elliptical (1x/week)

And I'm counting calories, cutting enough to lose 1/2 lb per week.
  • aread1106
    aread1106 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! :)
    Our day is the beginning of September, so I'm hoping I have enough time to really get how i would like by then ... :sweat:
    Ideally I would like to lose 25lbs but I don't know that's possible really ... no matter how hard I work I don't seem to be able to get past 1 stone less than I am now. I am definitely carrying a bit of extra weight but I know I have a LOT of muscle too.

Our workout week for now is:
    Monday - Squash
    Tuesday - HIIT workout
    Wednesday - Upper body weights
    Thursday - Squash
    Friday - Yoga
    Saturday - HIIT workout
    Sunday - Upper body weights

I am also trying to limit calories, not going over the 1200 myfitnesspal recommends and we have both got a fitbit to try and stop us being so sedentary in the office all day.

Any suggestions are VERY greatfully received if you can see any errors in my ideas? Also please add me if you would like an enthusiastic cheerleader!

It seems to be working so far ... fingers crossed! x
  • missbloom
    missbloom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Getting married in June and am working out hard and logging my calories. I feel myself getting stronger and feel as though I'm losing but the scale will not budge.

I'm trying to not let it deter my progress, after all it's just a number and if I'm feeling better, stronger, and my clothes are lose then that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Keep up the good progress everyone