Introductions

Options
84wweber
84wweber Posts: 97 Member
Hey 21 Day Fixers! Let's start by introducing ourselves to the group. I'll start! I'm Wendy and this is my first time doing the 21 Day Fix program. I have done other Beachbody workout programs (Turbojam, P90X3, PiYo, and Insanity), and I liked them but I did them all pretty sporadically. I'm excited about 21 Day Fix for a couple reasons: 1) it's not just the fitness piece, but also the nutrition piece, 2) It's 3 weeks long... and I think I can do it with integrity for that period of time (you can do anything for 21 days, right), and 3) Having this group will help keep me honest. I am going to check in daily to post my progress. Beyond that, I'm turning 50 in August (wow!), I'm married with two grown kids and a 12-year-old still at home, and I'm a high school teacher. LET'S DO THIS!

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm M, a 29-year-old student. I love lifting, biking, step aerobics... My anxiety has been really bad for about a month so I haven't been able to hit the gym for a while :/ For now I exercise at home. I like quite a few Beachbody workout programs, especially Insanity, TurboFire, Focus T25 and 21 Day Fix.

I've been doing 21 Day Fix + Extreme exercises for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't followed the schedule. For this challenge I'm going to follow a hybrid schedule. I won't follow the eating plan, though. Cheers!
  • PoppyPlover
    PoppyPlover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Courtney. The 21 day fix worked great for me last year but I went back to my old snacky ways. The food part is where I get off track so I am hoping participating will keep me focused/honest. I am giving myself $1 every time I stick to eating plan (like make the choice to turn down french fries) and $5 for every workout completed. Planning to spending it guilt free and healthier on day 21! Thanks for staring the challenge!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina. I'm in the learning phase of the 21 Day Fix. Working out has never been a problem for me. I played sports all through school & ate whatever I wanted without gaining weight. Now, as an adult, I know I cannot do that. It is very difficult to lose & I know it's because of my eating. Glad to be here & we CAN do this!
  • Tanaya2016
    Tanaya2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Tanaya. I'm a 36 yr old stay at home mom. I have 2 teenagers 15 & 17, 4 step kids ages 21 - 26, and 4 grand kids 4, 3, 1, and 3 months. They are all my reason to get healthy and to loose weight. I also have some health issues due to my weight gain and I deal with chronic back pain on a daily basis. These are my reasons to get and stay healthy. I'm looking forward to working with and cheering everyone on. Good luck everyone
  • kflood2
    kflood2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I 'm Karen I am 56 and I have 5 children, all grown and 2 grandchildren. I am looking forward to this challenge !
  • missy7979
    missy7979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Melissa. This is my first time dedicating myself to using My Fitness Pal. I just finished Hammer and Chisel and saw great gains in strength, but nothing on the scale. I am hoping using 21 day fix will move that scale! I set my calories to 1400 a day with a 40-30-30 (carbs, protein, fat) ratio.
  • Naboo63
    Naboo63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Linda. I am a 67 yr old mother of 2 and grandmother of 2. Also I am a retired RN. I exercise 5-6 times weekly, but not at the intensity level most of you function. I will be following a 1200 calorie diet with 30 + minute workouts daily - walking, elipticle and strength training. I need support to prevent late night snacking. Hope I can keep up with you!
  • kbreezie922
    kbreezie922 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristie and I successfully completed the 21 day fix last June. I lost a total of 15 pounds and 21 inches! However, summer came and then the holidays and I gained all my weight back plus an additional 10 pounds! My focus this time is just to be healthy and to be able to stay committed. I work full time as a supervisor at a retail store, nanny, and am a full time college student going through student teaching! Hopefully this group will help me to stay on track! Anyone who would like to add me, feel free!
  • nmp6454
    nmp6454 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Niki. I am a 33 year old mother of two, interior designer.
    I have started and stopped P90x and P90x3 a few times but really need to kick my butt into gear! I'm carry about 20 lbs of "baby weight" and that baby just potty trained so I'm thinking it's time to lose it!
  • 84wweber
    Options
    nmp6454 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Niki. I am a 33 year old mother of two, interior designer.
    I have started and stopped P90x and P90x3 a few times but really need to kick my butt into gear! I'm carry about 20 lbs of "baby weight" and that baby just potty trained so I'm thinking it's time to lose it!

Welcome aboard Niki!
  • 84wweber
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristie and I successfully completed the 21 day fix last June. I lost a total of 15 pounds and 21 inches!

That's awesome! Let's do this!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm B. I am 28 years old with 2 kiddos, 5 and 6 months. I completed the 21 day fix back in June of 2014 with great results ( I actually wore a string bikini at the beach!) but then I had a baby in 2015. I have just started weaning my baby from breastfeeding and I am ready to get started again. I am not one of those lucky moms who can breastfeed all of their baby weight away, mine stays no matter what and if I tried to eat healthy or exercise my milk would suffer and we were having enough feeding issues without that added problem. I actually have been hit or miss the last week just trying to get myself eased back into working out and eating right, but I officially started last night! Lets do this!!!
  • 84wweber
    Options
    bcl003 wrote: »
    Hi I'm B. I am 28 years old with 2 kiddos, 5 and 6 months.

Welcome B!
  • yatesy74
    yatesy74 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm jumping on this band wagon a few days late. I'm 41 years old and this is my third cycle on the 21 day fix. I was very disappointed the first 21 days when I got on the scale and realized I had lost very little weight. I mean all that work and for what???? Then, I took my measurements and realized I lost 10 inches. Now I am considered obese by the charts so I figured I would lose 10 pounds easy the first round. The reason I am telling all of you this is because I think it is important that we not measure our success strictly on pounds lost alone. I definitely feel better, my clothes are getting looser, and the scale is finally moving in the right direction though not as quickly as I'd like. :smile: Thanks for starting this group and I hope I can contribute something useful to you all.
  • amyohtani
    amyohtani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a few days late but my program just came in the mail today, lol.
    I'm Amy, 36, working mom to 5.5 month old baby boy.
    So here's the thing, I ordered off Amazon and I inadvertently ordered the extreme version (they kinda look the same on the website) and without wanting to return and wait to get the intended 21 day fix...I'm just going to go for it with the extreme for now.
    I was a runner before i got pregnant and I hit the gym hard when baby turned six weeks, running about 2-3 miles 5-6 days a week. That's a decent amount of running for me since October but I still have 30 pounds to go to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Needless to say I'm pretty discouraged so I'm looking for a good kick in the pants.
    Thanks everyone and good luck! First workout for me will be tomorrow morning.

Amy
  • Loopylu84
    Loopylu84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lucy, joining a few days late - I've just finished my first round of 21 day fix and now I'm starting my second round - I have about 40lbs to lose and I'm hoping to do it by August so figure I could use some support!
  • 84wweber
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Welcome yatesy74, amyohtani, and loopylu84! Happy to have you!
    amyohtani wrote: »
    Hey! I'm a few days late but my program just came in the mail today, lol. I inadvertently ordered the extreme version
    Amy, let us know how you like the extreme version!

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    amyohtani wrote: »
    Hey! I'm a few days late but my program just came in the mail today, lol.
    So here's the thing, I ordered off Amazon and I inadvertently ordered the extreme version (they kinda look the same on the website) and without wanting to return and wait to get the intended 21 day fix...I'm just going to go for it with the extreme for now.

Extreme is tough and there isn't that much to modify (unless you make something up yourself). But it sounds like you aren't in that bad shape so I'm sure you will do awesome :) I'm curious to know how you like it since I'm currently doing a hybrid version of the "regular" version and extreme, and I really enjoy quite a few Extreme workouts.

• JollyC66
    JollyC66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just found this group, so I'm a little late, but I need some support. I'm a mom of four grown kids. I work full-time. I've been working out for years, and I eat pretty healthy, but nothing seems to be working. I'm coming up on 50 next week, and I was really hoping to be down a few pounds, but even following 21DF doesn't seems to be making a difference. :( I won't give up though!
  • 84wweber
    Options
    JollyC66 wrote: »
    Hello! I just found this group, so I'm a little late, but I need some support. I'm a mom of four grown kids. I work full-time. I've been working out for years, and I eat pretty healthy, but nothing seems to be working. I'm coming up on 50 next week, and I was really hoping to be down a few pounds, but even following 21DF doesn't seems to be making a difference. :( I won't give up though!

Welcome JollyC66! I turn 50 in August... big milestone!