Diet buddy & Anti-inflammation

Options
jumpnJACS
jumpnJACS Posts: 10 Member
Hi all! Back in December my doctor diagnosed me with diet-related inflammation and suggested that I research anti-inflammatory foods and change my diet accordingly. On January 1st, I committed to a LOW sugar, gluten-free diet. With in weeks, pain that I had previously been suffering from subsided, and in addition, I lost 15lbs by mid februrary.

I was surprised last week with a trip to California (from snowy new york!) and vacationed in every sense of the word! I drank bloody marys, ate chocolate galore, and enjoyed breads and gluten-y snacks every day. in TWO WEEKS I gained almost all of the weight back!!! And the pain is back too. I am planning my meals again, and will commit to doing so on my next vacation to ensure that I don't make myself feel so crumby!

I have no issues with the gluten-free diet. Sometimes I will keep a loaf of gluten-free bread around, but it's really not necessary. Planning meals ahead that are filled with veggies and fish are perfect for me! I'd love to find a gluten-free weight loss buddy out there that would be interested in sharing recipes and supporting one another through weight loss!

Replies

• 4lalalauren
    4lalalauren Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey girl ! So sorry to hear. I had my baby back in December so I'm on a weight loss journey as well ! Vacations are so hard you just have no worries in the world ! I'm here for you (:
  • letivallejo
    letivallejo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

So I had a baby in Sept of last year and he's had really horrible skin/rashes all over his body for several months now. We've changed detergents, shampoos, lotions, etc. Nothing has worked, since I am breastfeeding the only thing left it could be is my diet. His pediatrician thinks that my little one might be having an allergic reaction to something. So I've been told to go on a no gluten, no dairy, no egg, and no nut diet. I was looking for a group that was allergy friendly, gluten being the toughest to eliminate for me, so I am so happy to find you ladies! This diet that I am about to embark on is going to be one of the toughest things since having my baby. Food is my happy place so with the stress of a baby, running on very little sleep, and keeping the hubby happy, lol, this isn't going to be easy.
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hi all
  • 4lalalauren
    4lalalauren Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey letivallejo,

I'm in the same boat. But my baby was having a lot of discomfort from gas so doctor thought it would be good idea to cut gluten and dairy out of my diet since it normally effects me and was what was causing my little babe so much discomfort. It's so hard.. And I've cheated a few times cuz I love it.. Been about a month since I've done and change and my little one knows when I cheat !

• lexiJ95
    lexiJ95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

So I had a baby in Sept of last year and he's had really horrible skin/rashes all over his body for several months now. We've changed detergents, shampoos, lotions, etc. Nothing has worked, since I am breastfeeding the only thing left it could be is my diet. His pediatrician thinks that my little one might be having an allergic reaction to something. So I've been told to go on a no gluten, no dairy, no egg, and no nut diet. I was looking for a group that was allergy friendly, gluten being the toughest to eliminate for me, so I am so happy to find you ladies! This diet that I am about to embark on is going to be one of the toughest things since having my baby. Food is my happy place so with the stress of a baby, running on very little sleep, and keeping the hubby happy, lol, this isn't going to be easy.

I'm right there with you on the food part of things! I'm intolerant to gluten, dairy, soy & eggs and extremely allergic to fish products. This along side a T1 diabetes diet is ridiculous.
    Gluten is by far the most difficult to eliminate, especially if lots of veggies isn't something you're used to.
    Best of luck and I look forward to watching you succeed in your journey!
  • arcountrygirl1
    arcountrygirl1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite gluten free recipe:

1 cup of orange juice
    1 cup of gluten free soy or teriyaki sauce
    1/2 cup of light brown sugar
    2-4 chicken breasts

Place all in slow cooker for 5-6 hours on low.

Enjoy with or without white or brown rice.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks arcountrygirl1