Do People Like Spreadsheet Challenges?

Options
13»

Replies

• teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Are we still officially weighing in Monday mornings? I vaguely remember talk of the day moving to Tuesday or Wednesday?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    We start the challenges on the first of the month and weigh in at one week intervals. Since March started on a Tuesday, that's the weigh in day for the month.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I made a comment from my phone but it didn't post. Originally I said oh..this is good. Maybe I can lose 4 oz overnight :P haha

but now after looking at the spreadsheet to log my weight and exercise I just realized that I think I've been logging everything on the wrong day thinking that the first of each week was monday (and clearly not paying attention to the conveniently placed numbers at the top of each section)...oops haha

EDIT: Oh yeah, I definitely had it all messed up haha All fixed now! :P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I made a comment from my phone but it didn't post. Originally I said oh..this is good. Maybe I can lose 4 oz overnight :P haha

but now after looking at the spreadsheet to log my weight and exercise I just realized that I think I've been logging everything on the wrong day thinking that the first of each week was monday (and clearly not paying attention to the conveniently placed numbers at the top of each section)...oops haha

EDIT: Oh yeah, I definitely had it all messed up haha All fixed now! :P

Hahah I know... I need to lose 1.2 lb over night... I was down there before yesterday...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

Hahah I know... I need to lose 1.2 lb over night... I was down there before yesterday...

My weight has just been inching up lately haha It's also period week - oh joy!

• VeryKatie
    Options
    Would anyone find it useful if I added a basal temperature tracker to the logging sheet? Or is that too personal/useless?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    This probably doesn't apply to me as I'm not at that point yet but I think even if I was I wouldn't be using it not necessarily because it is too personal or not useful but more so because I'm finding that I don't update the spreadsheet as often as I used to. I usually wait a few days or so and then update the information on whatever days I've missed so if I were tracking temp I would probably be doing it elsewhere.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at using your awesome spreadsheets @verykatie, so I don't think that would help me! I track my CM and symptoms like sore boobs with an app on my phone when i think about it.....but I am awful at consistently logging my calories in MFP or adding anything to the spreadsheets, haha!

I'm just here for the friends <3
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I am not at that point yet but I don't think it would be too personal for me. I just don't know if I will track my basal temperature, at least at first. My husband has requested we initially try a low stress method of just stopping birth control and dtd when we feel like it, and see what happens.
  • VeryKatie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ok, that works. I've been tracking my temperature but I must be doing it wrong. It's ALL over the place. It would look like I ovulated 4 times by now lol. So I don't think it's that useful for me since, at this time, I'm probably not going to put in more effort to do it correctly.

ETA: Yep, I'm doing it wrong. I'm supposed to take the temperature within half an hour of the same time.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I am having the urge... to develop more spreadsheets!! LOL

Is there anything anyone would like to see or to use?
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    More spreadsheets?!? I love it! Maybe something to track ttc attempts? (e.g. Methods used to track ovulation etc). I was so proud of myself that I didn't poas before my period last month - maybe something to reward that? Probably not as interesting for you right now though!

Alternatively, something to track the variety of exercises done, to try to promote a range of exercise instead of the same thing? This month I've managed running, walking, yoga, skiing, circuit training and a three day obstacle race! Feeling proud of myself and would like somewhere to track it!

One last thought - there's some evidence that each of the following may help when trying to conceive: Eating wholegrains, eating unsaturated fats, protein from plant sources, full fat dairy, reducing caffeine, reducing or stopping alcohol, avoiding sugared soda and reducing red meat. Could we track some of those things?

None of these are desperate - only if you are really keen to make more spreadsheets! (I love them, by the way - I might be slightly obsessed!)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow TTC temps is a great idea! I will get working on that :) It's the most straight forward one so I will start there whilst pondering your other ideas and seeing how to make them work :) Thanks!