New to group

Options
Missbricker
Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
Hello everyone. I am starting OMAD as of today. I am a 67 year old woman and weigh 201 lbs. I am starting this way of eating because I believe it will help me reach my goal weight and help correct my health issues. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I hope to be able to be of encouragement to each of you and hope to get lots of pointers from you. Today has gone good so far, just have to keep myself occupied with activities that keep me out of the kitchen, lol. My eating time is going to be 3pm. I have been on a plant based diet since July of 2015 and have lost 34 lbs. Thanks for any tips along the way.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! No advice, but just wanted to welcome you!
  • Missbricker
    Options
    Thanks totaloblivia. I made it until 3pm and had a wonderful lunch.. Green pea salad, sauerkraut with field roast sausage and toasted roll. Dessert was thin slice of Marie Calendars peach pie. It was worth the wait. Hope all is going well with your OMAD. It seems pretty easy and I love only having to do the dishes once a day, lol.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've recently become a fan of field roast myself. Your meal sounds delicious!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Missbricker! What is field roast sausage?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am starting OMAD as of today. I am a 67 year old woman and weigh 201 lbs. I am starting this way of eating because I believe it will help me reach my goal weight and help correct my health issues. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I hope to be able to be of encouragement to each of you and hope to get lots of pointers from you. Today has gone good so far, just have to keep myself occupied with activities that keep me out of the kitchen, lol. My eating time is going to be 3pm. I have been on a plant based diet since July of 2015 and have lost 34 lbs. Thanks for any tips along the way.

Hi there!

Be sure to get some cranberry juice as your daily beverage and remember the apple cider vinegar. Also, supplement with nettle or get or hibiscus tea. This advice will help knock out both the cholesterol and HBP. It works fairly fast, too.

Welcome!
  • Missbricker
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. Field roast sausage is made from vegetables, grains and seeds. Field Roast is the brand name. It's really good. Thanks for the advice about the tea. I'm not sure what nettle is, but will look it up. What is the apple cider vinegar use for? Yesterday went really well and Im looking forward to day 2.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. Field roast sausage is made from vegetables, grains and seeds. Field Roast is the brand name. It's really good. Thanks for the advice about the tea. I'm not sure what nettle is, but will look it up. What is the apple cider vinegar use for? Yesterday went really well and Im looking forward to day 2.

Nettle is a plant extract. Very effective for blood pressure management. Raw, undiluted ACV lowers hbp and cholesterol. It also aids in weight reduction.
  • Missbricker
    Options
    Thanks Sam for the info. I'll give it a try. Bought some hibiscus teas and drank a cup. It will take some getting use too, lol. I stopped drinking coffee yesterday and I am hoping I can keep it up. I have been drinking coffee since I was a young girl. Had Gardien beef less tips in brown gravy, mashed potatoes, left over green pea salad, peach pie. I didn't get as hungry as I thought I would, but when I started cooking I was most anxious to eat. So far so good.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Thanks Sam for the info. I'll give it a try. Bought some hibiscus teas and drank a cup. It will take some getting use too, lol. I stopped drinking coffee yesterday and I am hoping I can keep it up. I have been drinking coffee since I was a young girl. Had Gardien beef less tips in brown gravy, mashed potatoes, left over green pea salad, peach pie. I didn't get as hungry as I thought I would, but when I started cooking I was most anxious to eat. So far so good.

Yes, hibiscus does take some getting used to. Make your regular tea and add a hibiscus. It's easier that way. My recommendation for ACV is 2 tablespoons with cranberry juice for the first two weeks, and twice a week thereafter. The cranberry also lends to helping hbp. Have it at the meal. You'll get used to the taste! lol Apple juice is also an option for the ACV (to ease with the taste). Blueberries also help hbp.

If you really want to do yourself right, try going to a decaf coffee. Caffeine affects blood pressure. Or consider half-caf. Not a huge deal, but excessive caffeine is a major problem today. It stresses the heart and the body overall. I do my coffee about 3 times a week, usually with regular or decaf (depending on how late it is consumed).
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good job on day 1. It does get easier, I promise.
  • Missbricker
    Options
    Made it to 3pm!!! Felt like I could eat everything In the kitchen including the kitchen. Had Boco burger, corn on the cob, small curly fries and peach pie. Boy was it good. This is going pretty good, got really hungry before time to eat. Hunger seems to come and go. Drinking water really helps.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Made it to 3pm!!! Felt like I could eat everything In the kitchen including the kitchen. Had Boco burger, corn on the cob, small curly fries and peach pie. Boy was it good. This is going pretty good, got really hungry before time to eat. Hunger seems to come and go. Drinking water really helps.

Water helps a lot! After a few days, your stomach will shrink and it will take less to fill you up in the evening.
  • Missbricker
    Options
    So far this has been the best plan for getting control of myself that I have ever tried. One rule, eat when it's you time to eat. Made it thru 4 days and it does seem to be getting easier. I find that yesterday I did not constantly look at the clock to see what time it was. I really enjoy my food when it is time to eat. Water has definitely helped. Thanks for everyone's support and have a safe, healthy and blessed day.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    The simplicity is nice isn't it! Good job! It does feel really good having that evening meal and not feeling bloated by eating all the time. It makes the evening meal taste real good too.