Ewww

Options
mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
If you ever need a sure fire way to stop a binge clean out a front loading washing machine tray that ha not been removed in about a year. Needless to say I don't have to worry about a binge as I will never be eating again. Lol

Replies

• irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bluck!
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Serious question: do you actually get so grossed out by things that you lose your appetite? I never have that happen. I can witness the grossest things and still stuff my face. There was only one time I developed a short-term aversion to raisins, but otherwise I've never been so disgusted by something (especially a dryer...haha!!!) that I lose my appetite!
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    I have often wondered that.
    Once when my dogs had worms, I found that spaghetti was not something I wanted. Other than that, no.

Nothing has ever made me completely lose my desire to eat.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »
    Serious question: do you actually get so grossed out by things that you lose your appetite? I never have that happen. I can witness the grossest things and still stuff my face. There was only one time I developed a short-term aversion to raisins, but otherwise I've never been so disgusted by something (especially a dryer...haha!!!) that I lose my appetite!

I was recently watching a horror movie called The Green Inferno. Loosely speaking, it's an homage to the old movie Cannibal Holocaust. I made meatloaf and mashed cauliflower for dinner. It was a poor combination and I couldn't eat my dinner once the movie got into full swing.

I've never eaten blueberry pie since I saw Stand By Me at the age of 10.

It was a while before I could eat fried chicken after seeing Killer Joe.

Otherwise, no, not really.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Now I'm so curious to watch those movies! I remember watching "Matilda" when I was younger and there is a scene where a boy is forced to eat a chocolate cake that's "mixed with sweat and blood." And all I can ever remember thinking was how deliciously moist it looked.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    Now I'm so curious to watch those movies! I remember watching "Matilda" when I was younger and there is a scene where a boy is forced to eat a chocolate cake that's "mixed with sweat and blood." And all I can ever remember thinking was how deliciously moist it looked.

It's scary how our thoughts parallel. My daughter loved that book and the movie, and I thought the same thing about that nasty cake.

• ab6046
    Options
    Haha that makes me feel so much better! I remember watching it when I was little and my friends squirming with disgust while I sat there salivating in shame.
  • mweckler
    Options

***This may be gross so be warned****
    For me someone vomiting causes me to lose my appetite. Also once I worked in a really bad neighborhood and there was this foul odor that wafted through the area. Behind the body shop I worked at was a wooded area, so called the police to check it out assuming the worst.
    At the time I was much younger, and smaller, and the City of Chicago's finest were rather plump so I got nominated to jump the fence and try to find the source. We were expecting a dead body by the smell. So I went searching through the woods looking for the source, and after a bit I found it. Luckily it was not a person, but sadly it was a dog. I will spare you the details which are burned into my brain but the smell and the sight of that was enough to make me not want to eat for a couple days. I would not recommend that as a diet plan either lol.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I love Matilda! That cake did look awesome LOL. I wish I could have something ruin cake for me. That's a prime binge food for me!

For the record, I do not recommend The Green Inferno to anyone. There's just no reason to punish yourself like that. But Stand By Me is an incredible movie and is a Must-See. Killer Joe is - well it's interesting. It's Matthew McConaughey at his weirdest I think. I rate it "Good, not great". :)
  • mweckler
    Options
    Well I am sure there are things out there that will ruin cakes for you. You just need to find it, or associate it with something terrible.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I only have one experience that ruined any kind of food for me, and it was only temporary. One time I got up in the middle of the night and filled a bowl with tons of raisins and nuts then ate them in the dark in my roommate. Halfway through I turned on the light so I could go to the bathroom and there were THOUSANDS OF MAGGOTS squirming everywhere. I was repulsed and didn't eat raisins for a few months after that. I'm back to loving raisins though, but that was disgusting. I can't imagine how long they had been sitting the cupboard for...
  • ab6046
    Options
    For the record I had eaten at least half of the bowl and was totally unaware.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    Oh. My. GOD that is gross lol!
    I completely lost my appetite for any food for nearly a week after finding out that someone I loved had been unfaithful. I couldn't eat a morsel. Clearly I got over it, though.

I'm not sure that I can ever eat raisins again, though. That's a nightmare lol!