Options
TrishV2013
TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
What are your goals for the week?

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    This week I want to finish tossing out items that are just taking up space in my house. They can either go to my daughter for her new house or be donated to Good Will. Even though today I did not make the best eating choices I still plan to be more careful this week and try to show a weight loss. Spring break is coming and soon afterwards it will be my one year mfp anniversary.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well I'm feeling better this week so I want to increase my exercise. I'm also making a list of just what do I need clothes wise. When my sister comes in her ,my mom and I want to go out shopping. the problem is my sister has no spending cap I do so I really need to map out just what I need to buy. I normally don't go out shopping with her but as we haven't seen each other in so long we'll give it an attempt.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am going to exercise Tuesday-Saturday and log all of my meals. I have been off track for the past three weeks and I am looking forward to getting back to my healthy routine. In the past if you told me one day I would miss eating right and exercising I would have laughed so hard I'd p my pants - but now it's true. That is a real win! Have a great day all!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Sounds like your sister's visit is going to be well-planned, fun, and productive. You are going to "wow" her and yourself when you try on clothes.

@LIving360 Congrats on making healthy life a routine.

We were expecting rain today, but so far it's a beautiful day. I didn't go walking outside though. I'm getting plenty of steps doing my spring cleaning indoors and have collected a good bundle of stuff to donate to Good Will.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I went walking today outside and froze my butt off only did 2 laps and said enough I don't like to be cold.
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    I am debating leaving for India earlier than expected because I am in serious need of a vacation. I was going to leave next Thursday but I might leave this coming Monday instead. My husband and mom think I should. I am not sure about being gone from work that long - it would be 9 school days. My colleague whom I work closely with is out because she was in a car accident. If I leave, there will be two subs and our teaching assistants managing our 56 students. But...I do not that the school can handle things while I am gone.

What do you think I should do?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well what I have found from working at a place for 25 years is somehow things get done and are managed when people leave or are out or take vacation. It may not be done to your liking and when you get back there might be a heck of a lot of catching up to do. Somehow that always gets done too. You can always put the fear of god in the kids and spell out what you expect from them to have done by the time you get back to hopefully keep them on track. LOL

Think of it this way if you were the one out because of the car accident somehow the school would manage. They also may appreciate how much you do and they know it's only 9 days.
  • Living360
    Options
    If you have all of your ducks in a row i.e. you ask for more time and it's approved, you're packed and ready to move when you return and financially the added days are not an issue then do it. If leaving for India early will add stress when you return do not. Only you can answer these questions. If possible don't pass up valuable bonding time with your husband, in the long run family should always come first.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    If you have the days, do whatever you can physically and emotionally afford to do. No regrets.
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    I decided to go for it, after talking to my principal and making sure she was okay with both me and my colleague being out. I have a lot to do between now and Monday. I even have a good interview for a Vice Principal position on Friday afternoon!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Things are looking good for you! Enjoy.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I took loads of stuff to Goodwill today. I have a cleaner house, and maybe my trash can be someone's treasure.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I had plans to hit my closet today too but hubby came home early and will be hitting the sack. Oh well another day. Great job though to you @NewOR2015 I always feel liberated when I get rid of a bunch of stuff.
    @MrsVelapanur so glad you decided to leave early life is truly for the living and we should live it to the fullest. Best of luck with the job interview !!! :)
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I decided to go for it, after talking to my principal and making sure she was okay with both me and my colleague being out. I have a lot to do between now and Monday. I even have a good interview for a Vice Principal position on Friday afternoon!

Have fun!!!
  • Living360
    Options
    Have a wonderful trip!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well everyone I made an apt I am going to get back my short sassy hair. If my mom looked at me one more time today and said push back your hair or how about a clip that was it. Sat. morning before I go to work I'm going to get sassy me back. LOL
  • NewOR2015
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I got a haircut this week. I asked for layers. The girl made cuts all over the place. It's just weird. I'm going to someone else to cut it shorter and try to balance it somehow.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Maybe instead of layers she gave you a razor cut which is more choppy. I love my daughter in a razor cut actually any style that is kept up.Lol.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @JMarcella57 Your nice new pic got me thinking.

It's not quite one year yet, but I started mfp on March 23, 2015, and it's been one of the best things that I've ever done in my life! I have found something that I can stick with and that works for me.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm out of work for at least three weeks. While I know it is difficult for those who are there, I also know that they can cope (I have covered for many of them often enough) and I need to prioritise my health. I am still struggling with symptoms when I spend my day at home doing hardly anything, a day running around after animals would leave me feeling terrible and delay my recovery even more! I am seeing neuro today for some advice on the way forward as I am stressed about this and have had such conflicting answers about my recovery.