Just to lighten this place up.... GASP!

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
Not really a LCHF thing, but since we are, you might "enjoy" this.

Local radio guy is eating 50 big pancakes for charity, with 2 pounds of butter, and 2 bottles of Mrs. Butterworth's pancake syrup.

As I am diabetic, this might likely - literally - kill me.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I can't even stomach syrup anymore...the butter might make sludging down the pancakes easier, but yuck! Why can't they make it bacon and eggs - or real food?? My blood sugar hurts just thinking about this - and I'm not T2D or anything. Instant headaches anymore for this stuff.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'll take the butter, hold the pancakes and syrup. lol.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh Dear God, the sugar high (and the following crash!) would put me in a coma. I bet the guy only wins $50 worth of syrup, or something equally worthless.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is disgusting!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    GROSS!!
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Gasp indeed! Wonder what the charity is? Hope paramedics are standing by!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel sick just thinking about that!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mrs Butterworths is fake maple syrup. Real home made from our own trees is liquid gold and treated as such. Used a tiny bit at a time.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The idea of eating that many pancakes makes me feel sick, too.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    actually that sounds pretty good to me! LOL pancakes & donuts are two of my all-time fav foods. :'(
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was eating at an old fashioned diner, old trailer style, pretty cool. They had a pancake special, eat the two platter sized pancakes and they're free. Guy at the counter tried and went into shock. Had to wait on the paramedics to finish treatment in order to leave. Guy was pre-diabetic and too many carbs almost did him in.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8V1EZNI8A

This guy has diabetes and has eaten pizza daily for 25 years. Umm...
  • motown13
    edited March 2016
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I can't even stomach syrup anymore...the butter might make sludging down the pancakes easier, but yuck! Why can't they make it bacon and eggs - or real food?? My blood sugar hurts just thinking about this - and I'm not T2D or anything. Instant headaches anymore for this stuff.

Because tomorrow is national Pancake Day, and he won't be on the air,

IHOP is giving away free pancakes, but asking for donations.

• motown13
    Options
    Gasp indeed! Wonder what the charity is? Hope paramedics are standing by!

Don't know the exact name, but has to do with children and lymphoma?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Jan93L wrote: »
    Mrs Butterworths is fake maple syrup. Real home made from our own trees is liquid gold and treated as such. Used a tiny bit at a time.

Mmmmm real syrup, it's that time of year, are you're trees tapped already. My brother in law started making his own a couple years ago, it's one of the few things I'll splurge for the real thing. I live in an area it's plentiful and my grandparents used to drop off a gallon every year when I was a kid. That and maple sugar candy are two of my most favorite foods. You just can't beat it.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8V1EZNI8A

This guy has diabetes and has eaten pizza daily for 25 years. Umm...

No wonder he has diabetes.
    And it's not even GOOD pizza. :/
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Mmmmm real syrup, it's that time of year, are you're trees tapped already. My brother in law started making his own a couple years ago, it's one of the few things I'll splurge for the real thing. I live in an area it's plentiful and my grandparents used to drop off a gallon every year when I was a kid. That and maple sugar candy are two of my most favorite foods. You just can't beat it.

Oh there is nothing like real maple syrup/candy. We are hoping to get into making our own within the next few years here on our property. We spent much of this winter snowshoeing around making note of where the most maples are (and I insist the effort of hiking around to collect will cancel out the extra calories).
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hope they have good insurance.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »

Oh there is nothing like real maple syrup/candy. We are hoping to get into making our own within the next few years here on our property. We spent much of this winter snowshoeing around making note of where the most maples are (and I insist the effort of hiking around to collect will cancel out the extra calories).

You guys are really making me crave some pure maple syrup/candy. Growing up in MI I always loved having it!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    actually that sounds pretty good to me! LOL pancakes & donuts are two of my all-time fav foods. :'(

ditto that!