Weekly Roll Call! Please respond!

Options
bruhaha007
bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
We are wrapping up week 1 and I'd love to hear from everyone participating.
Three questions for you that I hope you will answer each week.

1) Are you still participating?
2) what was your biggest accomplishment or lesson learned this week?
3) what was your biggest challenge this week?

You don't need to share what you lost or gained but more curious if you are still participating and how this challenge is helping and/or creating change in your life. If you only want to answer question 1 that is fine as well!

Thanks everyone and hope you are ready to kill it on week two! You got this!

Replies

• ke11ie062
    ke11ie062 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm still participating...
    I have lost weight... Happy dance :)
    Biggest challenge this week was logging, and meeting my step challenge This was a very busy week.
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Still here
    Learning to eat portion control
    Saying no to deserts was a huge challenge. .
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    1. Yes! Still participating and I plan on staying :)
    2. Learned that counting calories backfires for me. I'm better if I don't think too much about it. I'd rather have delicious nutritious food and enjoy it, rather than hating it because I have to log it. I don't expect everyone to think the same way I do about it..
    3. Biggest challenge - a mean coworker! Haha
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1 - still here
  • jady333
    jady333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am here. My goal is to keep up with this group more often and to meet all of my fitbit challenges everyday. 10 Staircases, 10k steps, 5 miles walked, 2600 calories burned daily.
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1) To be honest, I fell off the boat over the last week. But now I want to get going with this challenge for real. So I wasn't here, but I now I am here to stay. I'll post my goals in the other thread.
    2) Accomplishment: I decided to go off of my school's meal plan and start cooking for myself for the remainder of the semester. I've done it before when I was living in the city on my own but I hadn't tried it here. It'll be better for my wallet and I'll actually be able to know/log what I'm eating.
    3) My biggest challenge was stress eating. This week has been rough and I've been self-medicating with sweets binges. It's a big problem. My meals are perfectly on track, but desserts and snacks, not so much.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Still here.... felt good most of the week... have to weigh tomorrow to see if I lost overall... biggest challenge was date weekend with the husband - no treadmill - no scale and high calorie foods!
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1. I'm not a quitter. I'll be here through the challenge. :)
    2. Biggest lesson: Fruity flavored licorice is one of my favorite treats. I ate some, encouraged a thin friend with a sweet tooth to finish the package. I won't buy three bags (for different flavors) next time. One bag would have done it. I need to constantly remind myself that "treats" and "candy" are not for everyday, but are meant to be rare, and only now and then.
    3. Biggest challenge: I did three different new TV/DVD/Streaming workouts. I completed the extra exercise and will challenge myself to do at least 4 workouts this week.
    Thanks for being a part of the success.
    Cheers!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1 - still here

Not sure what happened go the rest of my post.

2. Found I can eat only 1200 calories and not get hunger pangs. Just need to make the right food choices
    3. Struggling to get enough iron in my diet. I think I'll start taking a supplement because it could explain why I get so tired.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! I haven't taken my measurement yet though but will do that tonight. I'm down one pound from last week.

My biggest accomplishment was doing several lengthy stretching/yoga sessions which has made my body feel way better (I was having a lot of back pain) and I dug my weights out of the back of the closet and put them in plain view - and used them!

My biggest challenge was eating well and staying under goal.
  • oliverthecat_
    oliverthecat_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 lb last week. Eating much more healthily - home cooked meals every day (from the freezer when I don't have time to cook). And I did a 50 mile bike ride, which is the furthest I've done for at least 4 months.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1. Still here
    2. Biggest accomplishment is getting flexible enough to touch my toes. Biggest lesson is that I'm likely going to have to accept some form of portion control/calorie counting for years in order to maintain any losses I achieve in the long term.
    3. Biggest challenge was the weekend--date night on Friday with my husband, annual maple syrup festival with the family followed by a date night with one of my sons on Saturday, and then a food related gathering Monday morning. Usually the punches come one at a time and not all stacked together like that, except maybe around November to January. Going to have to fine tune saying "No."
  • w8ingforthesun
    w8ingforthesun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. Still here and plan on sticking around!
    2. Biggest accomplishment so far is sticking with the low-carb daily
    3. Biggest challenge was staying under my calorie goal and workouts per week goal while I was out of town, but I got back yesterday and got right back to it!

Here for support add me if you like and we can stick to this challenge!
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for responding! As long as at least one person is here besides me for the duration of the 16 weeks I am in this with you, but I think there will be several of us that cross the finish line together! 16 weeks is a long haul but I am confident we can make it through this together and appreciate everyone being so supportive of one another.

1) I will be here to the end
    2) I am happy I met the majority of my macro nutrient goals last week and made it to the gym everyday
    3) My biggest challenge is trying to hit my macro nutrient goals and log my entries and over the weekend my diet is all over the place due to going out to social functions. Similar to JeffFit70, I don't get overly concerned with my weekends and really watch my macro's on the weekdays.

Best wishes this week everyone! Thanks to all of you that respond and for those that didn't we hope you are doing great as well and would love to hear from you!
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the late response! But I am here, and I'm sticking with it!
    My biggest accomplishment was sticking to my post workout cardio. I decided to run an extra mile at the end of my workouts, and I dread it! But I'm happy I've did it every day last week. ( and this so far!)
    My biggest challenge is my husband trying to get me to endulge always! (Sounds bad I know!) we go to a lot of social events and he's always handing me wine/margaritas/cupcakes. Lol! I say no (and try not to have an attitude) anyways, my weekends with friends and family seem to be centered around celebrating and food.

Thanks everyone! I love reading how good everyone is doing and knowing I'm not alone with my challenges. Keep up the hard work!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound finally breaking a plateau of a month. I have bursitis in my shoulder and met with my Dr who told me that is better for my overall health to swim than not exercise I am trying to swim 2 to 3 times a week and walk. I love the 16 week challenge because it breaks down my long term goal of losing 75 more pounds. Thanks to all for the inspiration. Barbb1557
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Late response..SORRY! I am still here.

1) Yes
    2) Despite it being my birthday week last week I went from 186.2 on March 1 to 182.8 as of this morning.
    3) Challenges. Controlling calories on the weekends. That is a constant.
  • SouleGirl802
    SouleGirl802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm still in. Tomorrow is my weigh in. I'm not sure what to expect as this wasn't my best week-I kind of fell apart over the weekend with my eating plan. I'm back on track but it may have stalled my weight loss (or worse). I learned that I always need to plan ahead! And I learned I need to work harder to break bad habits-like always buying candy when I go to a certain store. Or eating snacks when I watch tv.