NUPASTA

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried Nupasta, and if so what did you think of it? Pasta is probably the thing I miss most - it's my kryptonite!

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I have tried it. It's a decent sub. Chewier than regular pasta.

Kind of pricey for the amount you get though.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini noodles. Barely steam them and they keep a nice firmness.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I'm with bunny on the zoodles. I dint like the texture of the other stuff. There are some high fiber pasta substitutes that work if you're good with net carbs
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about kelp pasta today. It starts a little crunchy but can be softened with proper soaking apparently.
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love love love edamame pasta that I buy at Costco. 9g net carbs per serving along with 20some grams of protein. The serving is bigger than a serving of pasta, I usually don't even eat all of it.
    So good! Closest thing to real pasta I've found. I've tried shirataki noodles and thought they were gross (people seem to hate them or love them). I also like spaghetti squash. Zoodles are ok. But I don't think that the veggie texture can compare to real pasta at all. They work as a carrying device for sauce, but seriously lack in the texture department imo.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love love love edamame pasta that I buy at Costco. 9g net carbs per serving along with 20some grams of protein. The serving is bigger than a serving of pasta, I usually don't even eat all of it.
    So good! Closest thing to real pasta I've found. I've tried shirataki noodles and thought they were gross (people seem to hate them or love them). I also like spaghetti squash. Zoodles are ok. But I don't think that the veggie texture can compare to real pasta at all. They work as a carrying device for sauce, but seriously lack in the texture department imo.

They feel more right if you just barely steam them. I mean really barely at all.
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash all the way; however, I haven't tried zoodles yet. Sounds like a win though.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Also, sites like www.ibreatheimhungry.com have a recipe for making noodles using eggs, dried out, and such. Like a variation on egg noodles. Seems like a decent option.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    +1 for noodles and spaghetti squash.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    We're making a pilgrimage to Costco this month (60 miles away but well worth the trip every other month) so I'll definitely be on the lookout for the edamame pasta. Thanks!!

On a (barely) related note: Costco is the only place I've been able to find Hillshire Farms nitrate/nitrite-free luncheon meats. We have in the past eaten a lot of luncheon meats for snacks, using the meat as a wrap around cheese, artichoke dip, etc. But I stopped buying it until I ran across the additive-free versions. We'll take our cooler with us and stock up.
  • weightaminutenow
    weightaminutenow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the comments and ideas. I think I will try some of these as I'm really missing my pasta!