On days you're forced to eat out, where do you go and what do you order?

Options
2»

Replies

• KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Panera's Chicken Cob salad with avocado.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I live in a small rural town, so there aren't a ton of options. I mostly try to hit our local restaurants, if possible, because they will usually work around my diet. There's a local deli that will make any sandwich into a salad. Our local BBQ joint also has some great low carb options. As for chain restaurants, I hit up Jimmy Johns (lettuce wrap) or KFC (grilled chicken and green beans) if I need something quick. If I have time to sit down for an hour, I'll go to O'charleys, Cheddars or a Mexican restaurant for fajitas or a molcajete dish; minus the chips, rice, beans and tortillas. Cracker Barrel also has some good low-carb items; plus you can always order breakfast there.

If I'm going out somewhere I've never been before, I always check their online menu first.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »
    Your screen name makes me think you might be from ontario so you prob have a swiss chalet near you. I get the double leg dinner with gravy on the side. I just eat the chicken and dip a little gravy. I haven't tried any other fast food places.

lol, that is exactly what he always orders.
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I doubt think Hardees has been mentioned above. They make a low carb burger (any burger you prefer) wrapped in lettuce. Is yummy, and also better quality than McDonalds. It's actually being promoted by the company right now! The girl behind the counter showed me their tray liners promoting it! More baby steps!

But pretty much any restaurant with meat and veggies, or salad. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want!

I heard this a while back. While on a field trip, we stopped at Hardee's for lunch. I was excited to try their low carb burger. I wanted the turkey option. Come to find out, the low carb burger isn't available at all locations and the turkey low carb option has been discontinued. They're making progress but I hope they continue to add items to their menu that are LCHF friendly. :)