My keys to a lifestyle food and exercise change:

Options
masdec7
masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
I wrote this on my "recent activities" area of my home here on MFP and thought I would share here too. I hope this helps each of you as it is helping me.

Keys to a lifestyle food and exercise change:

1. stop thinking you will not like it, exercise or healthier food, before you even try it (you'll be surprised at what you do like)
2. stop thinking I can't have that food item (just makes you want it more)
3. stop focusing on what you are trying to stop eating and focus on something else (you won't miss it if you stop dwelling on it)
4. think positive "I can do/eat it" thoughts! (a lot of what we do and don't like all starts in our way of thinking about it)
5. remember this is a permanent change you are striving for, don't look back (don't go back to old habits, you are creating new better habits - it's ok to say no!)
6. get rid of those bigger clothes as you replace them, don't keep them for any reason (don't buy bigger either - if they start getting tight, it means re-focus on losing)

These are the keys that I've decided to use to help motivate me. What about you?

Replies

• aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love these! Thank you for sharing!
  • kst69
    kst69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great thoughts. Very important. :) Thanks for sharing. :)
  • TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great way of thinking! Thanks for sharing
  • duckylucky2016
    duckylucky2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post! I love and agree with the power of our thoughts. I need to give myself mental pep-talks regularly. Also, the comment about thinking I can have something hit home as today I though I can have HALF a donut at the office. I have't craved more, but i do wish I held my ground and didn't cave in to the temptation.
    Thank you everyone for being here!