Keep going!

Options
TracyeS4
TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
Hello everyone. I have been taking part in this challenge since 10/15. Generally, we are split into teams and we complete the challenges as noted. I'm a little worried about Night_Watcher. She is always on here but it doesn't look like she has logged in for 4 days. Very unusual. I do think she would want the challenge to start/continue, though. So, I will get it started. Please tell everyone a little about yourself!

Replies

• TracyeS4
    Options
    You should be called: Tracye
    You are from (Timezone): Central
    Your weigh in day: Fridays
    Favorite exercise: Running - Can't wait to complete my first Half Marathon
    Favorite healthy food: That is a hard one... I love fruits and veggies. I think my favorite must be protein donuts though. Thank you Buff Dudes
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): I love wine and it is so hard to abstain when I am in a social situation. It makes me gain weight every time, though!
    Goal for the week: Stay on track, run 15 miles, work out 6 days
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Get to my original goal weight of 150 (6 lb loss). I have updated my goal weight to 140, so I will not be done there
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hey TracyeS4! Yes, very unusual...I hope she is okay.

I think Night_watcher would certainly appreciate us keeping this going in the meantime since she has invested so much in creating and sustaining these challenges. So, here it goes...

I am returning to this challenge. I actually started out on the last challenge but travel and life got the best of my good intentions and I fell of course. I am back with strong focus and ready to lose 10 pounds. I have carried this extra 10 pounds for over two years and it's in the way of me running a strong marathon in May. This is my final chance to lose it before my run.

I live in Florida and will soon be moving to Oregon. (This is a move I am looking forward to!)

For exercise I aim run to run 5 days per week. I run because it is an efficient way for me to burn calories and clear my mind at the same time (plus it's cheap)! My eating is changing. I've been vegan-ish since May and I just transitioned back to eating meats. (My eating is guided by trying to eliminate migraines!)

My personal challenges include:
    • I tend to eat sweets and garbage when I am tired.
    • I sometimes eat when I am bored or stressed.
    • hanging onto long term goals when there are short term distractions.

starting weight: 120
    goal weight: 110
    height: 5'2"
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,893 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks for getting this started, I also hope she's okay! @13suzie, how exciting moving to the PNW, it's so gorgeous lots of beautiful nature to enjoy!!!!

You should be called: Jackie

You are from (Timezone): Pacific

Favorite exercise: Running - Can't wait till spring arrives! I moved back to Washington State, after living in Las Vegas for 10 years!

Favorite healthy food: I love fruits and veggies. I think my favorite are sweets but learned to use portion control during my journey on MFP.

Struggling Areas (night snacking): I This is my biggest struggle with chocolate and then the salty which follows.

Goal for the week: Stay on track, run 4 miles - 6 days, strength 4 days
    Goal for the challenge : Get to my highest maintence weight of 138. I would love to get down to 135, though, :)
  • TracyeS4
    edited March 2016
    Options
    13suzie wrote: »
    Hey TracyeS4!

For exercise I aim run to run 5 days per week. I run because it is an efficient way for me to burn calories and clear my mind at the same time (plus it's cheap)! My eating is changing. I've been vegan-ish since May and I just transitioned back to eating meats. (My eating is guided by trying to eliminate migraines!)

Hey Suzie and Jackie! Yay other runners! I took a break from running to start a weight training program that was very time consuming. It has been a long 9 weeks. I didn't lose any weight, so I am hoping that running will help me start seeing the scale move again.
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    this is my fourth challenge on this site.
    i am getting very worried about night_watcher she is on daily most times. i have even messaged her and got no response. thanks tracy for stepping in.would you like some help setting challenges
    i just turned 50 last week.
    my name is margaret
    i am from canada , ontario
    i weigh in sat.
    favorite activity is walking and dancing but training for a 10k(terry fox run) in sept so starting running
    favorite healthy food is salads
    struggle night snack
    goal for next 60 days lose 12 pounds or more to lose 52 pounds in one year from when i joined
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm also a runner :smile:

You should be called: Karen
    Time zone: central
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Favourite exercise: running

Favourite healthy food: I have some homemade sweet potatoe muffins that I love to have for a snack, they are fairly healthy.

Struggling areas: food! I exercise quite a bit, but I eat a lot too. Sometimes when I'm not even hungry!

Goal for the week: log my food
    Goal for the challenge: lose weight at each weekly weigh in. I've gained back everything I lost in the last challenge.
  • MargaretLunan
    edited March 2016
    Options
    the weekly and daily challenges from last time can still be reached so why not use them can still record on that page to. so let's do that we can not access the info but at least it will be recorded sorry we can not make teams either because we can not reach the members list
  • MargaretLunan
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks for getting this started, I also hope she's okay! @13suzie, how exciting moving to the PNW, it's so gorgeous lots of beautiful nature to enjoy!!!!

You should be called: Jackie

You are from (Timezone): Pacific

Favorite exercise: Running - Can't wait till spring arrives! I moved back to Washington State, after living in Las Vegas for 10 years!

Favorite healthy food: I love fruits and veggies. I think my favorite are sweets but learned to use portion control during my journey on MFP.

Struggling Areas (night snacking): I This is my biggest struggle with chocolate and then the salty which follows.

Goal for the week: Stay on track, run 4 miles - 6 days, strength 4 days
    Goal for the challenge : Get to my highest maintenance weight of 138. I would love to get down to 135, though, :)

your grandson is so cute. welcome to the site any way i can help let me know.
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    today is no process sugar if we follow last times charts
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    today is no process sugar . mine is at 41 and 17 of that is an apple
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @MargaretLunan sounds good to me! Thanks for the FR, :smiley:.
  • sue814
    sue814 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hope night-watcher is OK and now into my second challenge. Been doing the daily challenge and certainly need the motivation to keep going.
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    if anyone is interested here is the address of a site that is similar to this http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109303-lose-1-pound-a-week-2016
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Thanks Margaret, :) Since you have to be accepted into the group, I sent a FR to the group orgaizer, :) (sorry I forgot her screen name, :( )
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    today is 10 jumping jacks for every 90 min you are awake
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    did 90 in two min
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    a friend posted this to another friend and it was so true i had to pass it on.change04 Hope this would help Mary When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, And you feel like the biggest failure in town. When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin. So What! You went over your points a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit! It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change. It's learning the skills to get back in your range. It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now. You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow." It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal. You're still gonna make it, just stay in control. To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, If you summon the will to get back in the race. But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip, Just throw in the towel and continue to slip. And learn too late when the damage is done, that the race wasn't over...they still could have won. Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow, but facing each challenge will help you grow. Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint in a cloud of doubt. When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit, If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit! - Author Unknown
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »

Favourite healthy food: I have some homemade sweet potatoe muffins that I love to have for a snack, they are fairly healthy.

Struggling areas: food! I exercise quite a bit, but I eat a lot too. Sometimes when I'm not even hungry!

Goal for the challenge: lose weight at each weekly weigh in. I've gained back everything I lost in the last challenge.

Hey Karen! It sucks to slide backwards, but your still here, so you obviously have not given up. Just keep at it!
  • TracyeS4
    edited March 2016
    Options
    a friend posted this to another friend and it was so true i had to pass it on.change04 Hope this would help Mary When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, And you feel like the biggest failure in town. When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin. So What! You went over your points a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit! It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change. It's learning the skills to get back in your range. It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now. You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow." It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal. You're still gonna make it, just stay in control. To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, If you summon the will to get back in the race. But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip, Just throw in the towel and continue to slip. And learn too late when the damage is done, that the race wasn't over...they still could have won. Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow, but facing each challenge will help you grow. Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint in a cloud of doubt. When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit, If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit! - Author Unknown

Wow! That is pretty powerful! Thanks for sharing.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    Mrscanmore wrote: »

Hey Karen! It sucks to slide backwards, but your still here, so you obviously have not given up. Just keep at it!

Karen, sorry about sliding backwards, been there done that! It's been one step forward or two step back OR two step forward one step back, for me since joining MFP. But you CAN do this, taking smaller steps helps me with bigger steps! Good luck on your journey, :)
This discussion has been closed.