Time Management

Options
The burning question!!!
How do you manage your time to fit your fitness into your busy lives?
A lot of people like to get up early and work out first thing, meal plan on Sundays and not eat after 7pm. These are great ideas, but don't work for everyone. I wish I could get up an hour earlier than the kids regularly and work out, but God just did NOT make me to embrace such early hours of the day! What works for you?

Replies

• ssmix
    ssmix Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I still feel new to juggling the family and work life. We have two kids and live in South Korea. We're both teachers and most days I'm not home until after 6 . Both kids are in bed by 6:45-7:15 pm.
    I usually either go to yoga after they are asleep or my husband does the bedtime routine so I can go earlier. He goes to soccer on Wednesdays and then I go to yoga.
    This is the first time this has worked... I feel like we've been waiting for our family life to stabilize a little in order for us to become healthy again.
    I'm not really a morning person but have been thinking of starting my day with a quick workout/ stretch.
    I really hope I can keep up this new lifestyle.

• TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have not been working out a lot lately but when I get back into routine, I will do my workouts in the morning and meal preps Sunday or Monday.
  • kst69
    kst69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to fit exercise in. I know it is important but I haven't figured it all out yet. Ugh!
  • duckylucky2016
    duckylucky2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is encouraging is that "they" say fitness it 80% dietary and 20% physical fitness. So the main thing is to be eating right. I just joined a 5 day clean eating challenge group on fb. That will help me get on a good start to mindful consumption! I do need to find my time to schedule physical fitness too tho. We got this!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    During the week, I sometimes get up early, sometimes exercise late, I even jam a short session in at work on break (yes, I get funny looks)! On the weekends, I tend to exercise in the afternoon as the time fits best for me. If I cannot exercise a lot one day, I take care to eat less calories that day. I use a walk at home video program and there are some videos available on YouTube, so I can do the short videos on my break at work.
  • mabybaby89
    mabybaby89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I only live about 2.5 miles from where I work, so from spring-fall I try to walk or bike to and/or from there when possible. Recently, I've also been trying to get my dog out on walks a lot more often as well. He's fairly big and needs to get the energy out of him somehow, and walks work well for both of us. If I'm busy or exhausted, I'll take him around a block or two, but when I have the time we go on a nice 35 minute walk around a river path at night when it's quiet and nice outside. My fiancee'll walk with us at night often, too, if he's not on call. I have to either have someone with me or music when I walk, though, or it gets boring and I won't do it as often or regularly...