Vivid dreams

Options
jospowell1
jospowell1 Posts: 31 Member
My daughter and I have both recently started the low-carb lifestyle. I thought it was just me but she told me today that she has started having very vivid dreams. Does anyone know if this is a known side effects of having low carb high fat diet?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It's very common. I think it's suspected to be due to healthier hormone production overall and achieving a deeper state of sleep on low carb. That's where we dream. So, it appears your sleeping extra soundly these days. Just another typical benefit! :smile:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I love them, I've always remembered my dreams but now they are so much more complex and detailed.
  • jospowell1
    Options
    I've actually never dreamed much before, so it's kind of trippy. Isn't the body amazing?
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Me too. Just started 2 1/2 weeks ago & was dreaming about our daughter when she was 4-5. She is 28. Kind of scary.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Me too! Every night :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes yes!

Also, I slept longer initially but now I find myself waking up earlier/feeling refreshed with less sleep most nights. Hasn't been long, a month for me.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yes! Vivid dreams and better sleep. The daylight savings time change will be easy this year.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    My dreams can be vivid too and sometimes I dream I had cake or bread or something very carb-heavy. It felt so real that I would wake up and freak out for a minute before I realized it was a dream.
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, but my dreams were unsettling and disturbed my sleep. Thankfully, they stopped after a couple of weeks.
  • jospowell1
    Options
    Yes! Vivid dreams and better sleep. The daylight savings time change will be easy this year.

I sure hope so! I got up before my alarm this morning and feel totally fine. I usually dread this time of year but I'm actually looking forward to having more light in the evening so I can go walking with my little guy.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the vivid dreaming (But I've always had really vivid dreams and can even do the lucid dreaming!!) but better sleep I have noticed and I have been getting up before my alarm too though now I still lay there and check the news... Thinking that if I'm up maybe I'll do some yoga or something like I've always wanted to!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Since beginning LCHF a year ago I think the alarm clock has awakened me about half a dozen times. I wake before the alarm, but always wake feeling refreshed. I haven't noticed the vivid dreams, but my husband did.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's strange because when I quit smoking my dreams became more vivid and it is a common side affect of quitting smoking. And now we can say it is a common side affect of quitting sugar/carbs.