macros

Options
lowcarbluvin
lowcarbluvin Posts: 17 Member
I'm very new here so excuse me if the issue of macros has been discussed recently. I followed low carb about 1.5 years ago and lost 30 pounds. 20 pounds have creeped up on me and now I'm back to me. I keep seeing people following macros. I'm curious as to if you are following macros what you are using and how much success you have had. I don't want to make this harder on myself than necessary. Are you following only net carbs and how much is effective for you? Thank you in advance. :smile:

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Figure your macros at keto calculator.com based on the level of low carb you feel is best for you. Then plug the numbers in to mfp. Good luck!
  • lowcarbluvin
    Options
    :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I mainly only make sure to keep carbs below 20g total. I may allow a few more on occasion for more vegetables than usual and for kombucha.
    I try not to overdo protein because I have digestive issues with it if I eat too much, too often. And with cheese too!
    I'm almost to a point where I need to stop counting as I'm approaching goal weight and need to practice self regulating.
  • lowcarbluvin
    Options
    Thank you.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My macros are basically 65F/25P/10C. I do count net carbs and try to stay under 20-30gm net per day. (I started at 20 net but did some experimenting and up to 30 worked for me, too.) It worked well for me. I lost the weight I was trying to lose and have just started reverse dieting back up to maintenance.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i do <25 g net carb per day
    7% carbs
    73% fat
    20% protein
    that is my goal, anyway :)
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    sorry forgot to add...i have lost 14lbs so far
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs below 100 grams\day, unless doing Keto (Then less than 40). :)
  • lowcarbluvin
    Options
    sorry forgot to add...i have lost 14lbs so far

That's great. Thank you!
  • lowcarbluvin
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    My macros are basically 65F/25P/10C. I do count net carbs and try to stay under 20-30gm net per day. (I started at 20 net but did some experimenting and up to 30 worked for me, too.) It worked well for me. I lost the weight I was trying to lose and have just started reverse dieting back up to maintenance.

Thank you. 20 net seems to be a little hard for me so I'm happy if I'm around 25. Thank you
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I do better when I eat a little bit more carbs, so my macros are set at 50F/30P/20C and I'm steadily losing. That puts me between 50-75 carbs per day. So, I'm not super low carb, but it is what works for me. I'll occasionally throw a day or two of keto in the mix just to switch things up and keep my body guessing.