Weight Loss Rewards

Options
kaylamcgraw79
kaylamcgraw79 Posts: 58 Member
Hey Guys, I wonder if anyone has weight loss rewards.
I am kicking it around trying to decide on a few things.
Currently I have lost 35lbs. In my mind I decided if I lost 50lbs I would be serious about making a better lifestyle. I would treat myself for a fitbit. I already made my mind up I would not be purchasing any new clothes until I loss more. Which is driving me crazy lol. I picked out a really cute shirt in a two smaller sizes I want to wear it to my family's dinner on Mothers day!

Replies

• MrsCanHolmes
    MrsCanHolmes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. I have some smaller clothes I bought and have hanging as inspiration.
  • radaubs
    radaubs Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea!

I'm treating myself to a horseback riding trip when I get under 200. (Most places I've seen, that's the weight limit). I remember a few years ago I was at a canyon with some family members and they all wanted to go horse back riding. I was on board until I saw the limit. At that point I think I weighed 210. The whole family changed their plans because of me, and I still remember the dissapointment I felt then. Anyways, under 200 and I'm gonna take that chance to ride!
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Those sound like great rewards! It's hard for me not to reward myself with food I wouldn't otherwise eat if I was trying to be healthy, which kinda defeats the purpose of making that lifestyle change.

I've been thinking about getting something like a Fitbit or an Apple Watch, but maybe I should set a goal weight before I do that. Besides, I have to save up money anyways and research to see if an Apple Watch is something I really want. And all of that will take time.

I also have this beautiful brown and white dress that I used to be able to fit into that I would love to be able to wear again.
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about rewards this time around. In the past I've written down rewards for when I reach a certain weight and just disappointed myself when I didn't reach that weight. This time around, I'll figure out what my reward is, as a surprise when I get there!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love rewards I had my hair highlighted and cut to celebrate my loss. I need to do something special for me that is tangible and makes me happy.
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is the dress I want to fit into.

escxuk7rvqx1.jpeg
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's beautiful and you will look awesome when you reach your goal!!
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it!!
  • morynne
    morynne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great dress! I'm sure it'll look great!
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've decided once I hit 200lbs I am getting a nice outfit( currently finding one to look forward to) and changing my hair style/color :)
  • numbersplusword
    numbersplusword Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The second I hit 199 I'm buying a bath bomb from Lush and a new dress. I'll figure out other goals after that I am only focused on seeing that 1 on the scale right now
  • michelleregis
    michelleregis Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pedi at eight weeks for me. ; )
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Good idea!! I'm about 6 weeks in.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great thread! These are the rewards I've come up with so far. Trying to think of some more. I'm planning on replacing clothes as necessary (at thrift stores until I get near GW), and for every ten pounds I lose I change my MFP profile picture.

20 lbs lost (210): new workout clothes
    60 lbs lost (170): spin class or Zumba
    90 lbs lost (140): skin removal surgery, if necessary
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I guess being able to donate most of my 3XL and 4XL shirts to good will last weekend was pretty rewarding if that counts.

Below 200 - New Dancing Shoes