Binge today...

Options
letgoorbedragged
letgoorbedragged Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Ugh, been doing really well for a week and a half and totally fell apart today. So sad.

Replies

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you had a rough day. Just remember that we will all stumble along the way. A week and a half without a binge is great! Tomorrow is a new day.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It's over. It doesn't have to happen again! You get to choose. If it does happen again, be gentle with yourself. You are only human, after all. Perfection is not required :)
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You have to remember each day is a new struggle. You made it a week and a half without a binge. You had one day, and you know what that day is gone. It is in the past, so you can either dwell on the past, or learn from it and move forward and be more aware of what triggered it. You are doing great, but like Jeepgirl said you are human and therefore you will slip along the way. So accept that it happened, ask for support from the group and today will be a better day.
  • letgoorbedragged
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind support. Today was much better.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind support. Today was much better.

I'm so glad things improved. I also think it's really important that you commend yourself for doing a week and a half without a binge, that is fantastic! Every day that we can get through this is an achievement. In order to survive, we must eat. But eating is such a trigger for many of us! So congratulations, and keep it up!
  • letgoorbedragged
    Options
    Thanks. Agree. I have been doing overall much better, and for that I am proud. I did binge yesterday again, but didn't have the associated guilt and shame feelings with it because it wasn't emotional and it was someone planned. I would rather not do it at all, but at least this wasn't something that snuck up on me due to emotions or stressy circumstances.