6 weeks pregnant almost 18month post sleeve

lbrown1428
lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
So unexpectedly got pregnant. This is our 3rd child. In the first 4 weeks I already lost 4 pounds even though I stopped losing weight from my surgery quite some time ago. My ob's nurse already said that they would watch for growth in case baby doesn't get enough nutrients from me having surgery and if that happens they'd deliver early. Any women on here have a baby after their surgery? If so how'd your pregnancy go? TIA

Replies

• phlpn413
    phlpn413 Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations! Exciting news, but scary at the same time when things aren't progressing as you would have expected.

I too would be interested to hear from any other women who have gotten pregnant after surgery. I haven't gotten pregnant yet, but that was one of the main reasons I had surgery. I have complicating issues, so I was told when we were undergoing unsuccessful AI, that the next steps were to try IVF, but I had to reach a certain BMI before the fertility doctors would consider it. So I am hopeful that once I get the approval to start trying any time after the one year mark (surgeon says we have to wait at least that long, potentially longer), we can maybe even conceive naturally (now that I have lost so much!), and if not, the fertility drs. will be able to move forward.

Good luck with your pregnancy! I hope everything works out well for you and your little one!
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    My cousin had the gastric bypass surgery then proceeded to have two healthy, and really intelligent, boys. I remember her aging that she continued with just her post-bariatric vitamins instead of switching over to the prenatal ones.
  • westindy
    westindy Posts: 3 Member
    I had VSG in March 2013 and had my daughter in November 2015. I had a normal pregnancy with no complications. My baby was born full term and weighed 6lbs 8oz. I did however gain 60 lbs. I think because I didn't do any exercising while pregnant and also meat turned my stomach so I ate lots carbs instead. I dropped 25lbs 3 weeks post partum. I am currently nursing and work on taking off the remainder of the weight.