Kerrygold is on sale...

Options
...at my local HEB. Being so close to St. Patrick's Day, it might be on sale near you, too.

If you never tried Kerrygold butter, it's worth a try, even though it's easily double the cost of regular butter most of the time. Especially if you are a BPC fan, or like eating butter by itself.

They have great cheese, too.

Replies

• Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure what is considered expensive for this brand but I buy it from Aldi's. I pay less than $3 for it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check this out here! Kerrygold is the best! It's just over $3 here in south Mississippi, U.S. Is expensive compared to the other options, but worth it, imo!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    On sale for $2.50/lb today at my local grocery.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just bought a package yesterday. (not on sale - Egads!! $4.99 Massachusetts :'( ), Still Love it.
    I use coconut oil, ghee, Kerrygold and land o'lakes depending on the use.

Coconut oil is my new cooking butter substitute. Kerrygold for when I'm adding it on top or mixing it in something after cooking. BTW, I use one stick in the fridge, then freeze the sticks I'm not using.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Aldi had had it recently and all their cheese too at a reasonable price. The dubliner is delicious, haven't tried the others yet.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Almost $4 here in Buffalo for the brick and almost $6 for the tub.. which is rough since I get both!!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    Almost $4 here in Buffalo for the brick and almost $6 for the tub.. which is rough since I get both!!

Where in buffalo are you? I'm in the suburbs check aldi it was less than 3 dollars.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how much I love Aldi??
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada so we don't carry kerrygold. I wish we did though.

When I lived in Ireland, I used it all the time and it was great. I wasn't even LCHF then. Just used it for sauteeing vegetables.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what is considered expensive for this brand but I buy it from Aldi's. I pay less than $3 for it.

No way! I don't think it even occurred to me to look at Aldi.
    I paid $3.99 for 8 oz when I finally found it in a store (I think it was Walmart); I normally pay $2-$2.50 for 16 oz of regular butter. (I get it on sale or at Aldi.)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Where do you guys here in the U.S. buy ghee?
  • dietbepsi
    Options
    I buy it at Whole Foods. But you can actually make your own also.
  • dietbepsi
    Options
    Aldi is pretty much my only grocery store now, between that and Costco I hardly have to go anywhere else. I mean I always hit up Trader Joe's and whole foods but they are not necessities. It's seriously the best store ever!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @macchiatto try an international specialty grocer if your traditional store doesn't carry it. The ghee I buy in the UK is marketed to those cooking middle eastern cuisine.