March 2016 Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
Put your personal monthly challenge and results in this thread.

Replies

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have to get back on program and this is going to be a tough one. I still have not put a lot of the gluten free and vegan recipes into the mfp system so that is my first goal. I will be doing that as I start my journaling again today. Second, I know that my nutrients are way out of whack. I am eating a lot more carbs and less protein now that I am not eating animal products. This is going to require some work.

1) Journal Daily (getting recipes entered will be a part of that)
    2) 5000 steps per fitbit
    3) 30 min exercise book
    4) Reiki daily
    5) Keep a journal of everything. (I think I need the release right now)

I am not even going to set a weight goal. Right now I think I need to just focus on getting back to the process.
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My plan is to keep on the program .It be hard have been trying to meet my first goal just 9 pounds to go.I will go to TOPS on line meeting Monday & Thu. meetings on line.

[1] walk for exercise
    [2]eat my cal of 1500
    [3] journal every thing
    [4] do my steps 3000 then work up to more.

Going on a week holiday in 3 weeks. Where there is a lot of walking. Just want to get that 9 pounds off.I just like to meet my first goal .
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My goal for March is simple: record SOMETHING on MFP every day, no matter how much travel, stress, etc. I have for an excuse. Absence makes the butt grow rounder! ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Goals for March:

Get back on track with food tracking. No trips, so no excuses, keep calories around 1450.
    Get back with my trainer to restart my strength training sessions. I know I have lost strength the last few months. so I will do another round of sessions with my trainer.
    Work my way back up to 10K daily average, no excuses.
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It looks like getting back on track is the common theme for March. I'm on board. Most of my February progress was backwards. I gained some of the weight I lost in January and resumed the bad eating habits I struggle with. (Those bad habits are SO easy to welcome back.) But, I am tenacious, like a pit bull. I won't give up until I'm dead. Period. So, I guess I'll die trying. On the positive side (there always is one....) Through my exercising efforts, I am getting more flexibility back in my arthritic knees. In March, I am going to renew my efforts to lose weight. Never give up!!
  • Rosy1049
    Rosy1049 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to keep up with my logging and increase my water. Hate the stuff . Plan to drink two fast glasses before each meal . Hoping to lose 4 to 8 lbs this month. Today I went to over 50 exercise class for 60 minutes , did both weights and cardio. Logged all food . Went over slightly on fats and suger need to plan ahead better.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My challenge is to eat healthier, log all meals, eat veg instead of fruit for snacks. Fruit and Alpro Yogurt for breakfast.
    Homemade soup or a large salad for lunch.
    Plenty of vegetables with meat, chicken or fish for dinner.
    Good Luck Everyone.

Bookmarked this site.
  • Marshamike
    Marshamike Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started yesterday, so why not start with a challenge. My challenge for the rest of March is logging every day. I would love some friends to chat with too!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Logging is important, remember calories are a guide, not the word of God. Be kind to yourself, we all have a journey. Gayle Minneapolis
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am changing my goals. Today my goal is to journal one whole day. I have to get back to that. Also, maintain the 5000 steps. I have repercussions if I do not do that. It is my protection against the arthritis in my knee!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Mid month check in:
    Goals for March:

Get back on track with food tracking. No trips, so no excuses, keep calories around 1450.
    I am going fine on this one. If I don't complete my diary by end of day, I do it the next morning.
    Get back with my trainer to restart my strength training sessions. I know I have lost strength the last few months. so I will do another round of sessions with my trainer.
    Sent an email to my trainer and I just need to get back to the fitness center and make sure I can still use my left over session from 2015 and I will be signing up for another round of sessions with her. She agreed that we should reevaluate where I am know since I am not doing much but walking on a regular basis.

Work my way back up to 10K daily average, no excuses.
    Still not back to the daily average, but I am getting over 10K some days again. But lacking on others, Work in progress :wink:

I hope everyone is progressing nicely and it is great to see some new posters in this thread.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, well it time to try and get me moving. I am not an exercise type! Last year when I was active on MFP I graduated from the 'Sloth' group after months of attempting just to get out and walk! So, here I am again, starting all over.

So my goal for the remainder of the month is to go for a walk at least twice in a seven day period. For a walk to count, it must be a minimum of 20 minutes.

It may not seem much to our fitness lovers of the group
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    [/b] Just happy to see you again. I have not lost much and needs to lost a lot.Been in this mood that I do not want to do anything.Here the but I know I have to for my own good.

So I am trying to write down my food and stay with in my cal. range and doing a little walking.

Join TOP'S on line and I am getting a lot out of our meeting on line. :)

• retirehappy
    Options
    Thanks for joining in ladies.

Mariang165, glad you have recommitted to MFP.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It's been quite a month. Have a new scale, gulp! Pressure of family worries is much less, as well as their pressure to eat. I gained a few pounds, and can really feel them in my bad able and hip.
    Will be back on my usual track for sure. Building steps back up, and now that we can be home to cook, can have my usual immense amount of fiber!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hello all - well, I have been absent and my butt has indeed grown rounder - life has just been really a challenge of late. I am back again, hoping to SPRING forward in life and downward on the scale, once I get up the courage to get back on. ~ Kathy
  • Mariang165
    Options
    Sharon & Kathy I know what you mean about family worries and life, good for you both for 'managing' life and for getting back on track!

Thought I would check in as I have already reached my weekly goal for my walks ,,, perhaps I set my goal too low
  • Mariang165
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Have a good weekend and for those who celebrate Easter, hop a little extra to make up for Easter dinner! Cheers, Marian
    Sorry about the double post, still trying to figure out edit and why sometimes my entire post isn't appearing!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    My March results:
    I did get my average of steps up this month, but did not hit my goal.
    I am currently awaiting a reply from my personal trainer. I hope she has time in her schedule for me next month.

I have had a bad month over all. But I have just posted April's challenge so time to get back up and continue my Journey.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10362305/april-2016-challenge#latest
  • Mariang165
    Options
    Well I did better with my walking than I thought I would do. Mini goal was 5 walks and I got in 7! This was thanks to DH getting me out over the Easter long weekend. I guess some of those walking genes were still in me from last year when I was more active on MFP. So, onwards to April, hope to see some of you there!