LCHF - Anyone tried or cook with CarbQuick?

Options
JustLikeJordin
JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
Now I'm starting every day with BCP and I'm loving it. Had a very healthy start with LCHF and even my skin looks better than ever. Craved pancakes out of nowhere and I found CarbQuick and it's easy and delish with 2 net carbs!! Anyone else tried and love this? Also just signed up for my first 5K and look forward to the walk!

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Glad things are going well for you overall!
    I ordered a box of Carbquick a while back, I think before I shifted to keto. It's OK. I haven't ended up using it that often but I've made the pancakes a couple times and a chocolate mug cake a few times, too.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have tried it because it contain wheat and I want to be wheat free. There are lots of keto pancake recipes out there that don't use carbquick
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I made some sausage balls w carb quick. They were a great snack and easy
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I Breathe, I'm Hungry is a food blog that has lots of low carb recipes and I use her pancake recipe at least once a week. It is really simple.

2 oz cream cheese
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon
    1 tbsp of baking powder (I use coconut flour)

Put ingredients in blender and whip together. Let sit for a few minutes for it to rise. Pour in heated non stick pan. Now these don't bubble up big like regular pancakes but they will create a lot of mini bubbles and that is when you will know when to flip. The recipe creates about 3 small pancakes (in my experience anyways).

They are not thick like the ones at IHOP but I think they are a nice substitute. Pour some melted butter on top or sugar free syrup (if you prefer) and it is quite nice!
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i was just online trying to find a low carb bread recipe which includes using yeast and i came across one that uses carbQuik. i am not sure if i am willing to spend the money, but if i do, i will let you know how it turns-out. :)
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I make the I beathe Im hungry pancakes all the time and they are great. Not like IHOP I agree more like crepes. I put kaymak (turkish clotted cream) and sugar free maple syrup. Delicious!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I do like the IBIH pancakes a lot more than the carbquik pancakes!
    Honestly I'd give it away if I had a LC friend locally who wanted it. For me it was a waste of money; I feel like there are better alternatives.
    I don't know; maybe as I get further into maintenance I'll end up using it more often. We'll see.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I do use carbquick and/or carbalose flour from time to time. When I make pancakes I usually use one or the other. I've tried a few LCHF pancake recipes and so far haven't been impressed with the results or taste.
  • BrianKeto
    BrianKeto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use carbquick very rarely when I'm craving a true pizza with crust or Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits. The biscuits are nearly identical, I think.