so not hungry!

Options
calliope_music
calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
so i'm not doing Atkins, per se. my endocrinologist and dietician have put me on a sort of modified version of the protein sparing modified fast along with Metformin in order to help me drop my weight. so far, so food, except...

I AM NOT HUNGRY AT ALL.

i have trouble hitting 1000 calories most days and this is BEFORE exercising. i am supposed to eat at least 115 g of protein a day and no more than 150 carbs, which is what my dietician told me to do because i'm a vegetarian so the majority of my food does come from carbs (lots of salads, beans, etc).

any suggestions of what to do to increase calories? she also told me that my food choices should be low fat, but i am NOT afraid of fat because it helps keep me full. i eat eggs and cheese, but generally don't drink milk. i am meeting with the dietician tomorrow to go over my food diary, but i thought i'd stop by here and ask this too.

Replies

• MamaGLUe
    MamaGLUe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!!

Since you're working with an endocrinologist and dietician, I think that obviously you have to go with their opinions first.

Maybe it's ok that you're not hungry right now. Listening to your body is great and it's normal to have hungry days and not so hungry days.

It could also be from the the medication. For me Metformin had that effect too - a bit of nausea but more generally just didn't feel like eating.
  • rachelrussell792197
    rachelrussell792197 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Non-hydrogenated pure refined coconut oil is healthy and one tablespoon has 110 calories. It tastes great too!!!!! I cook with it all the time and put it in my tea in the morning so I can get my fats in easy and quick! Avocado is also good!!!
  • rachelrussell792197
    rachelrussell792197 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow oops this post is really old and I didn't realize it. Lol
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Avocados. maybe some brazil nuts. both nutrient and calorie dense :-)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ read the above messages. This is a very old post
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ha I didn't notice it was so old
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options