Introduce yourself!

Options
irunforpizza
irunforpizza Posts: 52 Member
Hello, everyone!

My name is Kali and I am the group founder. I am still in school and I live in Ohio. Last year, I lost around 30 pounds, over the winter I gained about 8 of it back, and now I'm looking to lose 15 pounds (10 during the challenge).

I am a vegetarian and I have multiple food allergies (nuts, peanuts, soy, sesame, and strawberries). I believe in a mostly clean and balanced diet. It's perfectly okay to eat "junk" food as long as you also eat your greens and some eggs!

I am a competitive dancer and I throw discus in track. I lift a lot because I really like lifting and I try to stretch most days.

My favorite foods are bread, bananas, and coffee and I enjoy puns. I'm fluent in German and am currently learning Spanish.

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,399 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone!

My name is Jackie, I live in Washington State, recently relocated from Las Vegas! I've been retired a little over a year. I was in maintence before moving back to Washtington, my goal is to get back and stay!

My diet is 95% of the time healthy, love fruits and veggies. Chicken / fish are mainly in my menu but sometimes, I need a good burger! I have a real sweet tooth so sometimes I work that into my diet also.

I love mornings run plus an evening walk too! After moving to Washington, I joined a fitness center, loving the different classes they have to offer.

I can't wait till Spring arrives to continue my hiking and enjoy the nature Washington has to offer!
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello there from Texas!

My name is Melissa and I reside in Texas (transplanted from Alabama/ROLL TIDE)! I became very ill last year with IBS and made my lifestyle change. Family tragedy came and halted all of my active processes (working out, clean eating, etc).

I love to work out in the mornings and enjoy evening walks.

Thank you for starting this Spring Challenge. Looking forward to it!

Melissa
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Sherry from South Carolina.

I have recently discovered that I'm celiac and now have an inkling that I'm also lactose intolerant, so I've made many changes to my diet.

I started CrossFit 7 months ago, and for the first time in my life, I think I qualify as an "athlete." I was a dancer when I was young.

I'm excited about spring and warm weather and finishing my weight loss journey so that I can focus on continuing to get fit.
  • Katiefitmarie
    Katiefitmarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Katie and I live in northern Michigan. I've always been a pretty active person, mostly from dance for almost 15 years but that came to an end a couple years ago and I have noticed in the last year I have gained an extra 10 pounds. I had started working a desk job and I'm pretty sure that and lack of proper diet contributed to the weight gain. For the last 5 months I've been working on getting that all turned around. I love a challenge and I'm excited about this for the next couple months!!
  • TimeToLoseBelly
    TimeToLoseBelly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    My name is Madhu and i am from NewJersey.I suffer from thyroid problem from a very young age and i keep struggling to maintain my weight.I used to be a dancer who goes to gym every single day until my first son was born.Now i have 2 kids and recently underwent a thyroid surgery.From all this ,i have gained 30 pounds which i would like to lose it this year.Hoping to get out in spring and get back into shape!