Options
wen910
wen910 Posts: 6 Member
I hope everyone is "flash-free" today!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I do not get the flashes, but I would rather have a million of them then this dam anxiety, never ever had anxiety, its terrible.
  • wen910
    wen910 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It will pass kangoo. I thought I was going crazy! I was constantly nervous and edgy. And always seemed angry. If you need to ask a doc for something to get you through it don't be ashamed. It will go away, you're not like this permanently! Hang in there!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I do not get the flashes, but I would rather have a million of them then this dam anxiety, never ever had anxiety, its terrible.

It's not fun, definitely. While it may sound silly (it did to me), deep breathing exercises do take the edge off the worst of it for me. Have you tried that?
    Good luck. And Wen is right, which of course you know, it WILL go away.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined and I am so looking forward to becoming POST menopausal!!
  • thechampion525
    thechampion525 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    St Johns Wort may work well for anxiety
  • fgenao
    fgenao Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to all, just joined.....
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oh so happy to have found this group!! I may lose my mind doing this whole perimenopause thing. Every day I'm on edge waiting for my period and at the same time secretly rejoicing that MAYBE I've seen the last one. It's been a few months so far. I feel like I have PMS every other week so it's never far from my mind. And the anger and tears. Crying makes me angry and anger makes me cry. Good grief!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    shhhhhhhhh NH... my best friend went 8 months with no period and was doing the happy dance inside.. when whammo... full on periods again... for 6 months... yes... there was much wine therapy needed LOL.. soo shhhh... do the secret rejoicing quietly inside so the menopause monster doesn't hear ya LOL!!

The anxiety thing was one of the worst for me as well as I didn;t know what the hell was happening; I've never suffered from anxiety but I was suddenly in crisis over every little decision and constantly "on edge"... it DID pass eventually tho... i'll take a million hot flashes over that symptom again thanks..

ummm... maybe i shouldn't have typed that.... menopause monster? was just kidding about the million flashes.. :o
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Well ..........
  • mhncaldwell
    mhncaldwell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vigorous daily exercise (especially outdoors) really helps me.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the group! So glad I found you all! I'm turning 51 this summer. I talked my gyno into letting me continue with my BC pills for one more year. Well, the year will be up soon (August) and I'm so nervous about random periods. Or maybe it's the thought of not being able to control the timing. I've gotten so used to the three month pill. I know it's life but I love to do and train for triathlons and my period will just get in the way :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the group! So glad I found you all! I'm turning 51 this summer. I talked my gyno into letting me continue with my BC pills for one more year. Well, the year will be up soon (August) and I'm so nervous about random periods. Or maybe it's the thought of not being able to control the timing. I've gotten so used to the three month pill. I know it's life but I love to do and train for triathlons and my period will just get in the way :(

Maybe you'll be lucky and your period will just taper off!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Your ovaries could be asleep, with the 3 pack pills. Your dr will test your blood I assume.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I hope the transition goes smoothly.