Team Daryl Meat and Greet

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Just did the video... I like how it took it from basics to combination. I was a little worried at first that it was gonna be a high paced, hard to follow workout but it was really good for beginners!
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Bonus #1
    My "Aha" moment came when I got to see pictures from a friend's wedding and realized just how much I had been in denial about my post-college weight gain. I lived in an apartment with no full-length mirrors, so I never had to truly confront what the rest of me looked like. I stepped on a scale for the first time in 2 years and saw a number I never thought I'd see. I let myself wallow for the rest of that weekend, and then I got my *kitten* in gear. Since then I've lost over 50 pounds and managed to keep most of it off for the better part of 7 years. Now I'm in the last push toward getting to what I consider a healthy weight.

Bonus #2
    I've been making vegetables a major part of my meal plans, especially the microwave steam-fresh bags. Luckily my work cafeteria is usually stocked with fresh fruit, so I can always get that in when I'm at work.

Bonus #3
    30 minutes of Les Mills Combat
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Bonus 1- this is perfect timing for this question. My weight has not done anything good for me in weeks. Tomorrow marks my original start date just one year ago. I am jumping back on with a renewed sense of purpose. I went shopping today for all natural, raw, fresh, and lean foods today. I also got four cases of water to flush Flush FLUSH!!! I have also been able to hit my routines better as of this last week. I'm sweating again and not just going through the motions. I'm also doing Step challenges weekly and have taken back to walking the Strip and dancing the night away again. Here's to re achieving greatness (but getting smaller and more importantly more healthy)!

Bonus 2- Done! This one will Be re visited (ha, get it?). It got my dogs pretty riled up too!

Bonus 3- I did the Daryl Zumba workout vid. This was awesome as I do several of those moves at the club! At least until the "liquid courage" takes over and I start gettin a little freaky! Lol
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Winners and Walkers is updated. And new challenge is posted. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10330376/weekly-character-challenge#latest
  • Cindyinpg
    edited March 2016
    For the Beet and Acorn Challenge Point.

I generally try to find higher protein substitutes for foods that I enjoy. Some examples are protein bars instead of sweet snacks and Greek yogurt instead of ice cream. I even bought an ice cream maker so I can experiment. :smiley:

• ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    I feel like such a tool. I totally wrote out my beet challenge and accidentally posted it on facebook instead of mfp. No wonder people question my sanity at times.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Challenge #1: The Beet Challenge

I thought I posted already, but I guess I am losing it.

I add vegetables to anything that I can in order to increase the volume. I like to eat a lot of food, so, for instance, if I make my fake out macaroni and cheese, I add onions, shredded carrots, and zucchini. That way I can eat a big satisfying portion. B)
  • Dictorbutt
    Bonus #1- I have made several changes to make recipes healthier. I use whole wheat instead of white. I look for grass fed and farm raised. I use to use low fat and other meddled with products but now look for more wholesome foods that haven't been altered. Not a pro at this by any means but I try. Last night sister had spaghetti squash in place of noodles. I'll be looking forward to trying that as well.
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Challenge #1: The Beet Challenge

I add vegetables to anything that I can in order to increase the volume. I like to eat a lot of food, so, for instance, if I make my fake out macaroni and cheese, I add onions, shredded carrots, and zucchini. That way I can eat a big satisfying portion. B)

Tell me more about your mac & cheese fake out! Is it reduced carb?
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    lvadmama wrote: »

Tell me more about your mac & cheese fake out! Is it reduced carb?

No, it is not low carb. The cheese sauce is made primarily of mashed beans, potatoes, and nooch. My daughter eats this, but I call it macaroni with bean sauce, because she finds it disappointing if it is referred to as macaroni and cheese. It is a vegan dish that I think captures the essence of traditional macaroni and cheese, but isn't going to fool anyone into thinking it really is mac and cheese, if that makes sense.

It is way too calorie dense for me to eat as is, but adding a bunch of veggies makes it possible to have a good sized serving. Here is the recipe: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2011/08/fake-out-mac-n-cheese.html
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    I'm not sure if I really have one major struggle in my weight loss journey. There are a few things that contribute.

1st would have to be alcohol. I simply don't burn the calories to compensate a few cocktails. Aside from that I don't make the best food choices when I'm drinking. My plan to fix this has already been implemented. I've only drank twice in the the last 3 months and I've drank in moderation to avoid blurred judgement.

2nd problem is eating out of boredom. To fix this, I just try to keep busy. Lately I've been shopping which probably isn't the best solution but spring is just around the corner and I can switch my focus to my garden!

3rd is a little more unique I think... food waste! I hate to waste food. If i'm served a plate that is more than i can eat I will still try to finish that dish regardless of being full or not. At home I will make myself a plate with appropriate servings but if my kids don't finish their food I will eat off their plates too. I also feel like I need to make sure all the leftovers are eaten before spoiling. I'm not sure why I do this. This one will take some more pondering to find a solution but for now I will ask for to go boxes before I start eating if I see that it is too much food and box up what I feel is over portion. I will leave the kids plates alone! And I will put left overs in the freezer for another night so it won't spoil and i don't have to eat it right away.
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Share with your team, one thing that has made you struggle the most on your health and fitness journey and how you've overcome it or how you plan to overcome it.

My biggest 2 struggles are my appetite and my time management.
    I am always hungry. Even right after I eat, I'm still hungry. I just never feel full.
    To make up for it, I have tried to do smaller portions more times a day. I also try to add more fat & protein to satiate.
    I also rarely have time for exercise. After working, tending to the animals, tending to the house, and on... and on... I just don't have time and energy for exercise.
    I try to compensate by taking little walks during the day. Haven't really figured this one out yet.
  • Dictorbutt
    Hmm... I don't see my struggle post.
    Well, in short, my two worst are fast food on a whim, and Emotional eating.
    My plan to overcome the fast food is to keep groceries on the house. Which can be difficult traveling every to every other week. I travel with some stock foods now. I've also tried making better choices and smaller portions when in a pinch.
    As for the emotional eating. Still a struggle. I've combatted it this week by having more happy times and giving more effort to letting go. The struggle continues. :/
  • Cindyinpg
    Winners and Walkers ranking is updated and new challenge is posted. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10330376/weekly-character-challenge#latest
  • Cindyinpg