Non-Scale Victories! (NSVs)

Options
2»

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I had a fun NSV last night. We met with an amazing elderly couple that were visiting from out of state. I haven't seen them for a few months. When the elevator opened, the first thing the little lady yelled to me was "You are getting down right skinny!". I don't talk health issues with her, so she had no idea that I am even trying to lose weight. Haha.... well, I'm still weighing in at 199, so I'm far from skinny. However, it was a great feeling to know that someone could see a difference in my body shape. :)
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. The onederland and the compliments. You are doing fantastic!! Kudos to all of these NSVs!!!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Frigs !
    I'm starting to fit in some of my clothes that I had outgrown. I am getting out some of my smaller sizes and hanging them in the closet for inspiration :)
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats @6mimi!
  • CourtLloyd
    Options
    Ran my first 10K race today and came in at 59:31 with a 9:46 per mile pace!! Running a half in 4 weeks...eek! So, need to work on pacing myself slower for the longer runs..today was okay..didn't feel too bad, but def. started way too fast!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Congrats @CourtLloyd! That's really inspiring for me. I'm going to run my first 10k this year too!

Jumping to a half is a huge step up. Good luck!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    @6mimi that's a fantastic NSV!!! Treasure that memory and use it to motivate you !
  • danelutza19
    Options
    @CourtLloyd, you are an amazingly accomplished runner!!! The best thing about these victories is that now you know that you can accomplish anything you can dream of. I can't wait to see what you do next!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    So I'm feeling a little defeated today, can I share a scale victory?

I'm getting close to a normal BMI. I'll be "normal" when I hit 140.5 and I'm currently sitting around 145. I just need a little motivation to keep me going, so I started pulling together some pics.

I've decided that I'm going to post them in the main forums when I hit "normal", but for now, here's a preview.

I started 5/19/14 with a BMI of 36.3 (obese). At 169lbs, I went to an overweight BMI. Now I'm struggling to hit a normal BMI and really really want it.

I've been taking progress pics about every 5lbs. I really didn't want to at first, but I'm so glad I did:

6mithqvvw1c9.jpg

Now I just need to get over that milestone so that I can really celebrate. I'm not done yet.
  • helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you for sharing @SingRunTing I have been struggling and this just shows what can be done. Once again Wow!
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    wow these NSVs are so inspiring. @SingRunTing You have transformed! Transformation is I know one of my goals. That last bit that we seek, the increased strength and really feeling like ya..this is the skin I am supposed to be in, is within our reach!! Each day is a gift and we decide what we are going to fuel ourselves with and the journey is long but so worth taking! !!! @CourtLloyd That's fast! Built for speed! @danelutza19 your new profile pic is great and really shows your dedication!
  • CourtLloyd
    Options
    @SingRunTing, amazing results! Feel proud of what you did here!!! Keep going!!
  • CourtLloyd
    Options
    Thanks @danelutza19 and @SingRunTing! I've been "training" for this half as much as I can...back in school hasn't been helping, but I'm trying to really stay focused the next 4 weeks...the course is slightly hilly...so I'm a little nervous..but I'll finish...some way, some how! :0)
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Omg!!! I just saw these @SingRunTing !!!!
    My jaw dropped!!!
    You are looking fantastic and the progress is amazing. I can't get over how big of a difference there is between the pictures!!!
    You have done right for yourself !!!!!
    Seeing how far you have come there is no doubt in my mind that you will accomplish everything you set your mind too!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation @SingRunTing, you should be very proud of yourself!
    Congrats on the 10k @CourtLloyd I am hoping to work up to a 10 this year.

Lots of inspiration in this group <3