Question about yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• ilovethecamp32
    ilovethecamp32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here in Massachusetts, I buy Siggi's - it's whole milk Icelandic yogurt. It has 4 carbs in 4.4ozs and is thick and rich. It's like eating the thick cream that used to be on the top of milk bottles when I was a kid.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Here in Massachusetts, I buy Siggi's - it's whole milk Icelandic yogurt. It has 4 carbs in 4.4ozs and is thick and rich. It's like eating the thick cream that used to be on the top of milk bottles when I was a kid.

we have siggi's - i've never noted the carbs. thanks for the tip.
  • TheCakeDiva
    TheCakeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Liberte Mediterranee plain yogourt, nothing but milk, cream, bacterial culture - no sweeteners or fillers like gelatin, 9-10% fat. US version of their website to find where you can buy it: liberteyogurt.com/

Hmmm, strange... I don't see the plain on offer in the US. Lots more choices in Canada, liberte.ca/en/ , maybe send them a note to find out where you can buy it in the US.

Thanks for that - I'm in Canada, so I'll be switching to Liberte instead of the Astro Balkan style I'm currently using!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I live in central New York only a few miles from the Chobani factory but my yogurt of choice is the Great Value brand of Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt from Walmart. Its ingredient list is short: whole milk, live cultures. Chobani is also good but they make it by culturing skim milk and adding back cream. I prefer the texture of the Great Value.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    KeithF6250 wrote: »
    I live in central New York only a few miles from the Chobani factory but my yogurt of choice is the Great Value brand of Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt from Walmart. Its ingredient list is short: whole milk, live cultures. Chobani is also good but they make it by culturing skim milk and adding back cream. I prefer the texture of the Great Value.

what is carb value of that brand?
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    1 cup is listed at 9 grams. My normal serving is 1/2 cup plus about 1/2 cup of nuts with a generous seasoning of cinnamon. Probably about half as many carbs from the nuts. I'm not super low carb. I'm happy if my weight maintains and my 2 hour post meal blood glucose stays in the 90s.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Why the heck is there a banner ad at the top of this page for Oreos?!?! Seriously?!?!

Seriously!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Kroger has multiple names. In Arizona, it is Fry's. And I just had a vanilla one for a snack. At 40 cents each, it is also a great value.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I make whole milk yogurt with a 24 hour fermentation at 110 degrees F, to make sure the lactose is gone. Then I strain the whey off, because I prefer it that way. I like it plain.

This is the general idea: http://paleoleap.com/homemade-yogurt/

Thx for the article. Very detailed, lots of info.