roller coaster ride

Options
JCFan3
JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
Wow is all I can say. My emotions are all over the place.

I started giving myself a little lee weigh last Thursday and it lead to a whole week of binge eating. My scale says that I gained 7 pounds in a little over a week. In one week I erased almost 3 weeks of hard work.

I am hoping to get this reversed quickly but I can't seem to get it back under control. I feel like I have done this over and over again. Losing and gaining, losing and gaining. I am trying to make lifestyle changes but I just can't seem to stay focused for long. I am enjoying the way my clothes are starting to fit and I am feeling stronger and my diabetes is under better control. Why is that not enough?

I am at where I was at the end of February. So my goal at this time is going to be maintaining through the month of March. Any words of advice on how to overcome this would be appreciated.

Replies

• MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can jump full in and I totally get that. Go in slow. Try taking what you normally eat and reduce how much. Do that for a few weeks, see how it goes, then maybe add some exercise, or try and follow your recommended calories.

It took me a long long time to realize that this weight didn't come on all at once, it isn't going to come off that way either. If I don't lose what I expect for the week, I can't just throw my hands up and grab that package of oreos... maybe nibble two slowly so it feels like a complete row binge. :wink:

Either way, keeping check in here, we're here for you.
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply.

I know that I cannot change my lifestyle over night. I keep trying to remind myself of that fact but I hear others telling me how I'm not going to make it and I want for them to see I can.

What I need to remind myself is that I should not be doing this for others but for myself..

Thanks for reminding me that small changes add up. And I will definitely hide the oreo's because I did finish off a row one day. :)
  • AlisonLS
    AlisonLS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    JCFan3, I'm sorry that you had a bad week. I think that this is normal in weight loss to have days were you make poor choices or bad days. The best thing you can do is start over, today is a new day!!!
    I agree with mudstain, when I started my new lifestyle I started with just logging and watching what I ate and then added exercise after a couple weeks. I also try to keep junk food out of the house, which is hard especially with kids.... Right now we have cookies and chips in the home. But now I take a portion put it in a bowl and walk away from the package, before I would just have the bag of chips open and eat from it while watching TV, before I knew it I had eaten the whole bag.
    Weight loss and diet change are difficult and after eating this way for most of my life I have to retrain my thinking. Some days are worse than others., but they are definitely worth it. Good luck!