6 days out - insomnia and cold cold feet

Options
64Leslo
64Leslo Posts: 12 Member
Hello all! I'm 6 days out from sleeve surgery and feel much better than I anticipated. I'm having issues with insomnia and freezing cold feet. Has anyone else run across that?
I'm diabetic, CPAP, high BP and borderline cholesterol. Looking forward to being med free and CPAP free.

Replies

• Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I stopped all caffeine about two months prior to surgery, just in case. I had trouble sleeping the first couple nights, (I'm four weeks out now) but it leveled off when I found my new comfortable sleep.
    I didn't have a cold feet issue, per se, but I always have socks on!
    Keep at your diet, gets all the fluid your doc wants you to (I had no trouble getting in fluids), and keep walking around. The mobility should help with circulation and sleep.
  • luckyblonde86
    luckyblonde86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had no health problems, also had the sleeve. I had the cold feet and hands pretty bad. Just couldn't stay warm. But moving around helps. Get some extra clothes on and go for a walk. That helps me.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I used to run extremely hot. Since I was a kid. My parents teased and called me a hot box. Since surgery I'm hot and cold. No rhyme or reason most of the time. I've noticed on days I work out hard, I'm colder at home. And regardless of activity I'm cold in my bedroom. My bed is almost comedic at this point. I have a sheet, blanket, comforter, mink blanket (not fur, Korean blanket that weighs about 25 pounds), and a throw...for when I get cold. lol I used to HATE socks on my feet, I now keep a pair of big squishy socks on my bed in case I need them.

The insomnia...I've had it since I was a toddler, quite literally. However, I have heard in several FB forums that this does hit a lot of people just after surgery and resolves itself within a few weeks.

I was off my BP meds by my two week appointment. Had to see another doctor for unrelated issues about six weeks out and was at 124/72. Had a car accident in February, ended up in the hospital with BP 180/110...turns out that was stress, anger, injury, anger. Left with it back down at 120/71. WOOT. I have no cuff at home so medical appointments is the only time I see it.

GOOD LUCK! Things will continue to improve...except maybe the cold. From what I hear that only gets worse. Sorry.
  • 64Leslo
    Options
    Thanks. I've noticed the work out = cold feet. Especially when I do it in evening. It has leveled off or I've just adjusted to it.
    Thanks for responding
  • 64Leslo
    Options
    Btw. I'm off all meds except low dose of insulin. By my next visit I may be off that too as I see my BS dropping even more closer to normal.
    #BestDecisionEver
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    64Leslo wrote: »
    Btw. I'm off all meds except low dose of insulin. By my next visit I may be off that too as I see my BS dropping even more closer to normal.
    #BestDecisionEver

That's AWESOME! It's amazing how quickly our bodies can repair themselves!

• Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    64Leslo wrote: »
    #BestDecisionEver

That is so great! I've got another checkup in two months and I have a cholesterol screening added to my bloodwork - I'm hoping I won't have to take that anymore too!
  • NicoleL874
    Options

That is so great! I've got another checkup in two months and I have a cholesterol screening added to my bloodwork - I'm hoping I won't have to take that anymore too!

Good luck with that! I just got my labs back. Last year, May 1, my total Cholesterol was 242, my triglycerides were 322, HDL 60, LDL 118. As of March 14, Total Cholesterol 182, Triglycerides are 75, HDL 51, LDL 116. So yeah, last year I ate like crap until the end of August, so that was reversed in 7 months. Hopefully, you're just as lucky! *smile*