Staying "regular"

Options
64Leslo
64Leslo Posts: 12 Member
Ok folks, I'm 1 month out from VSG. I need some tips on staying regular.
I realize I may not go everyday now but want are you finding is the new normal for you and tips you have to get "my mail moving" with out miralax or dulcolax or milk of magnesia.
Many thanks!

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Smooth Move tea works great. If I'm low on protein, (HAH!) I'll do warm milk and steep the peppermint Smooth Move in it, with maybe a little raspberry extract.

Also, I take stool softeners regularly. I just got put on iron, so yeah...they help. *smile*
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My regular now is as it was before surgery - certain foods = everyday, other foods = every other day. Immediately following surgery though, I didn't go for 5 days, was drinking Metamucil and that didn't seem to help. I didn't feel uncomfortable, though, but in reality, I wasn't eating any food!
    Once I was off clear liquids and began progressing, my movements became my new (and former) regular.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    My regular now is as it was before surgery - certain foods = everyday, other foods = every other day.

I never thought I'd be envious of bathroom habits, lol! Before, I had IBS-D, so I had lots of issues. I'm grateful that the "D" seems to have resolved itself, but I'm nowhere near as regular as I'd like to be.

I never thought I'd be discussing that with another human. ;)