Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Tried to post yesterday, but I guess the posting monster ate it. Hope those of you who are sick are feeling better soon.

Had a good WI. Will head over to the spreadsheet and fill that in shortly. This veggie color challenge is a good one for me. I tend to stick with the same old ones. This is forcing me out of that zone. I need that once in a while.

Have a great day!!!

Make sure everyone posts on the spreadsheet. If you need someone putting in your score please let us know.

Today I did 165 minutes of cardio/weight training . I just signed up for my first 5k. A little nervous but excited too.
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thx @LemonSocks!!!
    You will get back on track!

I have minutes to put on here, when I get home I will calculate them up.
  • briwashington5
    Options
    1,830 minutes of exercise
    Camp Gladiator, treadmill (cardio), cycling and body attack
    I do not how to put this information on the spreadsheet. I have tried multiple times and will do anything for me.

• briwashington5
    Options
    I do not how to put this information on the spreadsheet. I have tried multiple times and will do anything for me.

Sorry I meant 225 minutes, sorry
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options

Sorry I meant 225 minutes, sorry

We could go to Ireland a couple of times with those original minutes. :wink:
  • briwashington5
    Options
    @GSwizzleGary Lmbo we really could! I'm so backwards today
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if anybody has any advice to give me. I am doing cardio about 4 to 5 times a week and an ab, squat, and arm challenge. Should I work out with weights or machines on top of all that or is what I'm doing enough? My goal is to lose weight of course but I'd like to tone up during the process.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Has anybody heard from Samandaindia?
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eating the Rainbow

My favorite part of MFP is entering my tried and true recipes and finding out how they breakdown into calories and nutrition. I've been cooking and eating my whole life and I just had no idea. It's fascinating!

Today's lunch was Thai Shrimp Lettuce wrap (white, purple, red, orange, yellow, green but no blue) and Blueberry Cottage Cheese Waffles (blue).

k8zhz1myfw3s.jpg
    Not wrapped since I buy 454g of spring mix and it's always a race to eat it before it goes bad and I can't see buying two types of lettuce in a week. So I serve it on a bed of lettuce instead.

2jxghq30jcei.jpg
    with some raspberry syrup and whipped topping because I'm here to lose weight not to suffer.

This meal is 481 calories. For a salad served in a serving dish and two full sized waffles! The 2 Tablespoons of 100% fruit syrup was problematic to measure so we can round up to 500 because I licked the spoon.

I was stuffed and the whole meal is less calories than the hot cocoa with 3 large marshmallows I used to drink everyday on my afternoon break. My mind boggles.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @TangledThread you're dinners look lovely. I'm really impressed you've managed to fit all that under 500 calories. You are giving me some great inspiration.

@shockvalue07 I'd say you are doing enough strength training for now as the challenges are more demanding in the later stages!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Thanks @LemonSocks
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a suggestion for an Irish meal not chock full o' sodium ? I am at a bit of a loss there.

Have a thirsty Thursday and chug the water to drive it away!!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Can anyone give me a suggestion for an Irish meal not chock full o' sodium ? I am at a bit of a loss there.

Have a thirsty Thursday and chug the water to drive it away!!!
    I'm gonna make beef stew this weekend, as much as I don't want to I'm doing it for the challenge!! It's not that I don't like it, I love it! But I love it with
    butter and white bread!! Yummy!! But I'll make it with brown rice and only eat 1 serving.

• 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Today I'm having tacos with ground Turkey, too bad it's not a Mexican ish dish challenge!! Lol
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Still not feeling well here. I feel worse today than yesterday. No appetite and horrible cough still.

Send prayers and good thoughts my way. Despite being sick, I have an interview for a nursing position on the mother/baby floor at my local hospital at 2 pm. I really want this job, as I love women's health nursing. But I feel like crap. I hope I interview well, despite not feeling well.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Irish Roasted Salmon
    served with
    Irish Colcannon

I'll be making a vegetarian Shepherd's Pie.

• LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had 'Irish Vegetable Stew' for lunch today at work - I'm not sure what made it particularly Irish, but it was healthy, low calorie and tasty so I guess that's fine.

@zerlinna87 I've got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck. I hope you are feeling better soon!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't been checking in everyday unfortunately and I've fallen behind in my exercise challenges as well as exercise times. It's finals week at school and work has been very demanding as well so I've been using every free moment to get a bit of sleep so as to not burn myself out. I did well on Monday but I fear I won't be able to fet more than 30 minutes in per day until at least next Friday. Sorry! I have done well in nutrition so far. I think I hit every color of the color my plate challenge. I'm going to attempt the Irish dance as well.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!! 112 minutes yesterday, loads of veggies, I think I've eaten the rainbow countless times this week. Today 70 minutes and a proper Irish corned beef feast later, with veggies (cabbage, potatoes, carrots) and Italian bread! Happy Saint Party's day all!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Zerlinna I hope the interview went well.
    We have been seeing a lot of flu this month so everyone take care of yourself. I rather you all were healthy .
    For me I got about 65 minutes in walking and then working tommorow til sunday. We have less minutes this week so hoping we can make it.