Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Hi I am Melodie and I want to welcome you to our team. I need you to do a few things so we can cruise through and have a great race. First of all I will be making a spreadsheet for you to post your miles. I need your info by Sunday at the end of the week so we can turn in the results. Even if you have a bad week and we all have them I need you to post your minutes even if it is a zero . At least I know you are still here. Let's start by introducing ourselves I know we did in another portion of the group but we are now smaller and we are together for the next 8 weeks.

Replies

• itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello All! I started my wellness journey 1/16. So far I have lost 18# and am feeling great! Looking forward to the next 8 weeks as I am hoping to reach ONDERLAND during that time! Looking forward to hearing all your success stories along the way!

Starting Weight: 232 (1/1/16)

Current Weight: 214 (2/28/16)

Goal Weight: 175# (whenever I get there, no rush)

Just Keep Swimming.... Just Keep Swimming... ("Dori, Finding Nemo")

Trust the process....

This is NOT a Sprint... It's a Marathon...

Slow and Steady wins THIS race!
  • Melodieccurn
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I started in August at 260 lbs. I currently am a trauma ICU nurse in a community hospital. My plan is whole30/Paleo and currently my weight is about 202 lbs. I have two horses and plan on putting some serious effort in trailriding and showing this season. My goal is 155 lbs. During these 8 weeks hoping to get to about 185-190. For exercise I go to the gym and love the elliptical and weight lifting.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!! Hi everyone, I'm Judy, I have three kids and in June I'm going to be a grandmother!! That has definitely motivated me to get serious about this weight loss. I started this year at 294, as of this morning I'm at 277. I've been faithfully writing down what I eat, and I'm trying to be more active. At work I sneak down and ride the stationary bike, it may only be 5 minutes so I don't get stinky but it's been helping my knees. I also just bought a new bike and have joined yoga. Right now it's kicking my butt, but I'll get there. I'm so happy to be on this team, I know we're going to go far :: he he ::
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sherri. I telecommute for work so I need reasons to get out of the house. Right now it's enjoying the crazy non-winter weather by getting outside and doing Zombies RUN! 5K. I'll admit I'm stuck on week five and will be repeating it for the third time next week. Run five minutes-check. Do running drills-check. Run ten minutes- ...well...ok. Take a short break and run another ten minutes? At that point I would rather let zombies eat me.

Starting Weight: 150.6 (1/26/16)
    Current Weight: 142.6 (3/3/16)
    Goal Weight: 132

My 8 week goal is to reach 135 lbs and to strengthen my core muscles and to work on getting a waist again. I lost it when I started working 10 hour shifts at a desk a few years ago.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi folks,

My name is Samanda. I live in the Netherlands, Europe. I have been here a year. I am an Aussie and have also lived for 4.5 years in both UK (Scotland) and India. I manage 3 teams in a big company. To balance my gut and sort related health issues I am on a very low sugar diet. After nearly half a year I have lost over 10 kg, 22lb to 25lb depending on recent scale roller coaster.

I love challenges, learning and puzzle solving. I enjoy walking, cycling, yoga n weight lifting. My last week with my training partner (lab/saluki cross) who goes to Australia and her family after being with us since July. I am a small frame 5ft4 45yo who weighs 122lb and targeting 115lb. This challenge, I set goal as 117 to be realistic and my stretch is the ultimate goal of 115.

When the initial enthusiasm wears off, it would be fabulous to see each of us still here encouraging each other, giving our results in (even when scale hates us or life happens n we have a lousy exercise week). 60% of folk drop out from weight loss, giving up after things like a plateau of a month or a few kilos raised up. This is our health not just our scale results. We have a great opportunity here to cheer each other on through the tough times where patience and self forgiveness is needed. Would be awesome to see each of us reporting in for the whole challenge and be an absolutely 100% full and energetic team in 8 weeks time who have met some of their goals and learned a lot en route.

Go team 10. We are team 10 out of 10... 10/10.... that means we are 100%
    Sounds perfect
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

My name is Kara. I'm 28 and from the UK. I work as a Health Facilitator for OH, so I spend most of my working day preoccupied with promoting healthy lifestyle and wellbeing.

I originally dropped from 180lbs to 130lbs around 4 years ago and I maintained that for a long time. However over the past year I've ended up putting on weight and I'm up to 146lbs now. I want to lose the additional gain and get down to my ideal goal of 120lbs. I'm looking to get to about 136-138lbs by the end of this challenge.

The hardest thing for me is that I love cooking, baking, eating out and wine. But I'm driven by competition and team work, and I think I can make this challenge even more enjoyable than all of my vices.

I'm looking forward to having an on-going group to motivate and encourage each other. I can't wait to get properly stuck in with the Amazing Race! :)

• plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Rhea. I'm 24 (soon to be 25 during this challenge). I'm from the Caribbean island of Antigua but have been living in Maryland, USA for the past 5 years. I'm currently enrolled in a full time Masters degree program and am also working full time. I took up martial arts in 2014 and am loving it. I have my first tournament next Saturday and am so excited! I am 5'2" and currently 143 ish lbs depending on what the scale decides to say. My goal weight is 125 but want to get to about 136 during this challenge.

I'm so happy to meet you all! Team 10/10 100% ^_^
  • SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I started the day with 200 squats - 50 of each mid, narrow, sumo and then mid again. Dog helped by trying to cuddle (push me over) and stand under my squat (which she is too tall for).

I am super happy about delivering a brilliant presentation to senior leaders then went off to get my USA visa. The people at the embassy were lovely, it snowed lightly in Amsterdam for a few hours and I got to spend an hour wandering back to the train station enjoying the snow. Great exercise n fun!!

I might have detoured into my fave Desigual store and bought small pants n matching top too. I may be up a pound from a week or so but I am over 20lb down from 5 mths ago. Celebratory shopping :)
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Just a quick hello! Working 12 hours today so no gym tonight. Doing a clean eating refresh today through sun. Diet has gotten slightly off track the last few days, nothing horrible but noticed craving sweets so then I know I need to get back to basics.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    I started the day with 200 squats - 50 of each mid, narrow, sumo and then mid again. Dog helped by trying to cuddle (push me over) and stand under my squat (which she is too tall for).

I am super happy about delivering a brilliant presentation to senior leaders then went off to get my USA visa. The people at the embassy were lovely, it snowed lightly in Amsterdam for a few hours and I got to spend an hour wandering back to the train station enjoying the snow. Great exercise n fun!!

I might have detoured into my fave Desigual store and bought small pants n matching top too. I may be up a pound from a week or so but I am over 20lb down from 5 mths ago. Celebratory shopping :)

Great way to reward yourself!
    Your dog sounds hilarious. I'm glad you had such a great day.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    I've had a pretty crazy week. Both school and work were really demanding. I was literally writing a paper and prepping for meeting every day this week so sufferring from a general lack of sleep. I got home relatively early for a Friday (by 6pm ^_^) so going to take a short nap before karate at 8:30. I find it's excellent stress relief ^_^. Going to wake up early to prep for class tomorrow then my weekend binging (sleep is soo good). Enjoy the rest of your Friday everyone!
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today was P90X3: The Challenge.

This one kicks my butt every time. 30 min of push ups (still modified, but that's ok!) and pull ups (still using resistance bands instead of pull up bar, but that's ok too!)

Busy weekend ahead! Going to make sure I get my work outs in. They are my first priority!!

Made a DELISH Chicken Stir Fry for dinner. Lots of veggies, boneless/skinless chicken and my new favorite dish... Cauliflower Rice! OMG it is amazing!! I have really missed rice but do not dare eat any because I could never stop at the proper portion. Cauliflower Rice is a great substitute!! And I had more than I could finish!!

Have a GREAT Friday all... Off to the kiddos Hockey Practice!!
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bri. My first challenge to be apart of. I'm 26, from Tx. Started my journey in August at 240, now I'm 200.6, and I want to get to 175/180. Hoping this will give me more motivation! Thanks!
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like every one is doing great already! Welcome Bri, I haven't done a challenge in a while but they're good for keeping you focused and this one sounds like great fun too! I did good today, we went to chinese and no rice or noodles made it onto my plate. I'm getting better. :smiley:
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome Buzymomof_3!!!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @itstime2016 30 minutes of push ups!! 30 seconds and I would be impressed. As for pull ups I am still building muscles to do one. I used to love assisted pushups.

Love hearing how folk are doing. Have a great weekend everyone. Off to take dog for a walk.
  • SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Our team is @mallowbar , @itstime2016 , ,@TangledThread , @LemonSocks , @plainanjelik , @briwashington5, @Buzymomof_3 and myself @SamandaIndia who we have heard from above plus a lot of folk who have not yet had a chance to check in, listed below to help everyone connect.

Hi there to the rest of our amazing team 10 members:
    @theetycho
    @jabber497 or @jabber4spam ?
    @jaya11
    @ReneeLauthers
    @AprilRN10
    @melibuny
    @healthylifefit
    @Tusksmom
    @greyismycolour
    @shockvalue07
    @zerlinna87

Everyone: Are you ready for the amazing race?
    Love to hear from you too, especially with your brief intro. Ready for our challenge kicking off?
    Great chance to support each other here.
    Go team 10!!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Our team is @mallowbar , @itstime2016 , ,@TangledThread , @LemonSocks , @plainanjelik , @briwashington5, @Buzymomof_3 and myself @SamandaIndia who we have heard from above plus a lot of folk who have not yet had a chance to check in, listed below to help everyone connect.

Hi there to the rest of our amazing team 10 members:
    @theetycho
    @jabber497 or @jabber4spam ?
    @jaya11
    @ReneeLauthers
    @AprilRN10
    @melibuny
    @healthylifefit
    @Tusksmom
    @greyismycolour
    @shockvalue07
    @zerlinna87

Everyone: Are you ready for the amazing race?
    Love to hear from you too, especially with your brief intro. Ready for our challenge kicking off?
    Great chance to support each other here.
    Go team 10!!!

It's jabber44
  • SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @mallowbar @jabber44 is not on the options after I type @jabber4 and mfp tries to fill in the rest, only the two I mention above are so thus the query.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Whoops spelled wrong jabbar44