Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Dex_ to team 10.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What is the thread? This discussion or my personal profile?
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @shockvalue07 Welcome. You just posted to your thread. Do that each day and let us know how you ate going. Check @mallowbar instructions under discussions for full race instructions. At least one of us needs to do a roadblock but last challenge most of us tried them for fun. Record your daily exercise, it adds up.

I am going to struggle this week to to post on this thread or on the main forum from Wednesday on. Flying to USA and quietly hope the hotel has a scale so I can weigh in AND has decent wi-fi so I can cheer us all on.

I will still commit to over 300 minutes exercise this week plus the greek detour. I have a sugar free diet and friended you all so I am helping us get part way to Greece. Let's get out of New York and start this challenge strong!

Never mind I got it now. Sorry for the confusion on my part.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ok. How does the nutrition challenge work?

When I first read sugarless I was meh about it because I've already cut my sugar as much as I'm willing. It's really low but it's not zero.

I'm GF so I don't eat white flour or bread (I think GF bread is gross) and I don't have any white rice or white sugar in the house. I don't have sweetened yogurt or anything else I can think of.

However I make 51g of brown sugar fit into my allowance every week and my generic brown sugar is white sugar coated with molasses. I use sugar free sweeter in my coffee and sugar free jello and sugar free whipped cream I don't want to increase my artificial sweetener beyond that.

On my run today I realized I could replace the brown sugar with honey. My body and blood sugar levels will react the same. Since honey tastes sweeter I'm sure I would use less than 51g so I might be spending a few less calories on it and that is a win.

But other than that I feel like it might follow the letter of the rules but not the spirit or being sugarless. Allowed or totally cheating?

Also, every Saturday night friends and I get together for dinner. This week is my week so next week will be somewhere else. It's already enough they have to deal with me being GF and since they handle that with grace I'll eat anything they choose to make. That means the one meal will surely have white rice or GF bread (still gross but I do what I have to do) or ice cream or whatever. Point is the one meal I have little control and that's life and I make it fit into my week.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    Hi I am Melodie and I want to welcome you to our team. I need you to do a few things so we can cruise through and have a great race. First of all I will be making a spreadsheet for you to post your miles. I need your info by Sunday at the end of the week so we can turn in the results. Even if you have a bad week and we all have them I need you to post your minutes even if it is a zero . At least I know you are still here. Let's start by introducing ourselves I know we did in another portion of the group but we are now smaller and we are together for the next 8 weeks.

What info do you need from us?
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    There is a spreadsheet for us now. Just post starting on monday your minutes per day and when and if you do the roadblocks. The leader will figure out the points at the end of the week. I need all info by the following monday.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    There is a spreadsheet for us now. Just post starting on monday your minutes per day and when and if you do the roadblocks. The leader will figure out the points at the end of the week. I need all info by the following monday.

Ok thank you, and thank you for all the time and energy you have put forth to make all this possible.
  • ReneeLauthers
    ReneeLauthers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am 45 years old, live in Pennsylvania and have been struggling to find the focus to stay on track! I just need to get some momentum in the right direction and know I can reach my goals!
    Starting weight: 172.2
    Goal weight: 152
    I look forward to contributing to Team 10 and sharing tips and suggestions along the way!

I have fur babies .. A yellow Labrador who thinks he is a lap dog! And an American Paint horse who thinks he is the smartest pony around! They help keep me sane!

Good luck!
    Renee
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    On a laptop. Finally have the technology to be able to share attached picture of the last half year of my weight loss journey. Slopes, drops and annoying rises that feel unexplainable at the time all included. Each coloured trend line matching a 2 month period of the same colour. Aqua is Sept/Oct, Purple in Nov/Dec, Lime green is Jan/Feb (plus first few days in March), black is the overall trend and red is a projection from a few days ago. Good arguement for trending rather than trusting daily or weekly measurements in isolation. I can gain or lose a kilo on the scale in as little as a day which is clearly not real. In one of those rises right now which is frustrating. Hope this helps someone.rgt7byeqjbpc.jpg
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    For those like @ReneeLauthers who have fur babies or have been hearing my stories of my training partner, Leila. Here are a few photos of her "helping" me train. From leaning on my narrow squat, to sitting under my plank and push ups, sumo squats or legs whilst doing sit ups to running when I cycle or walking with me, she's a firm friend. She has been living with us for 7 months as a way to reduce her quarantine time. I will miss her when she leaves this week to go to Australia to be with her family.

fz7ibgslv4t2.jpg
    12xhzoj655yp.jpg
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    595qjf6ga7ua.jpg

This is taken during my sit ups. Yes I do tend to work out in the morning and sometime I am still in my pyjamas!
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options
    For those like @ReneeLauthers who have fur babies or have been hearing my stories of my training partner, Leila. Here are a few photos of her "helping" me train. From leaning on my narrow squat, to sitting under my plank and push ups, sumo squats or legs whilst doing sit ups to running when I cycle or walking with me, she's a firm friend. She has been living with us for 7 months as a way to reduce her quarantine time. I will miss her when she leaves this week to go to Australia to be with her family.

fz7ibgslv4t2.jpg
    12xhzoj655yp.jpg

Aww! What a great workout buddy!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ok. How does the nutrition challenge work?

When I first read sugarless I was meh about it because I've already cut my sugar as much as I'm willing. It's really low but it's not zero.

I'm GF so I don't eat white flour or bread (I think GF bread is gross) and I don't have any white rice or white sugar in the house. I don't have sweetened yogurt or anything else I can think of.

However I make 51g of brown sugar fit into my allowance every week and my generic brown sugar is white sugar coated with molasses. I use sugar free sweeter in my coffee and sugar free jello and sugar free whipped cream I don't want to increase my artificial sweetener beyond that.

On my run today I realized I could replace the brown sugar with honey. My body and blood sugar levels will react the same. Since honey tastes sweeter I'm sure I would use less than 51g so I might be spending a few less calories on it and that is a win.

But other than that I feel like it might follow the letter of the rules but not the spirit or being sugarless. Allowed or totally cheating?

Also, every Saturday night friends and I get together for dinner. This week is my week so next week will be somewhere else. It's already enough they have to deal with me being GF and since they handle that with grace I'll eat anything they choose to make. That means the one meal will surely have white rice or GF bread (still gross but I do what I have to do) or ice cream or whatever. Point is the one meal I have little control and that's life and I make it fit into my week.

This is for those that use processed sugars. I quit sugar 7 months ago. So if you dont use any processed sugars you get a point for the day.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @mallowbar you are 2 months ahead of me. I quit sugars 5 months ago. For me it was medical so still on no fruit, no sweeteners,no startchy veg, no breads, no legumes, no cereals plus no processed sugars. Hope to add fruit in soon- one more month before I see doctor and hope to get a clearance to do that. BTW In case you are wondering I do eat seeds, green leafy veg and an assortment of fish and meat.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yippee! I don't think I can be 100% perfect for the week but I can totally do sugarless day by day.
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options
    595qjf6ga7ua.jpg

This is taken during my sit ups. Yes I do tend to work out in the morning and sometime I am still in my pyjamas!

Labs do tend to have personal space issues! Lol .. Your space is their space! Love Labbies!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @itstime2016 what do you typically do and enjoy with "P90X3". What is appealing for you? Truly curious.
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @itstime2016 what do you typically do and enjoy with "P90X3". What is appealing for you? Truly curious.

Feeling strong is more important to me than being skinny. Trust me when I say I am neither right now. Anyways, P90X3 allows me to get cardio and strength training all together in 30 min. I can burn more calories in 30 min doing X3 than I can on the treadmill or elliptical plus I am strength training at the same time! And I like that the workouts are constantly changing throughout the 30 min so I don't get bored!

I am NOT a Beachbody coach so I feel like an HONEST opinion. Plus they have a new "ON DEMAND" option that you can stream thousands of exercise videos from Beach Body for $10/mo. I got the first 30 days free. This option works for me as it's not as scary to try a work out program, without the commitment of $60 and up for a single program. If the program is too hard, pick another one!

So far this is working for me! Looking forward to weigh in day tomorrow. Sunday is my weigh in day...
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Had 2 hours of martial arts training this afternoon plus I did the squat challenge. Can't wait to begin the amazing race challenge. I have been weighing in every morning, not because I expect major changes day to day and that every day's weight will be lower than the previous days, I just wanted to see a trend over a month or so and link that to my diet and exercise.

@itstime2016 I can't believe you did pull ups and pushups for 30 minutes! Your arms must be complete jello by now! Great job!

I use the nike training club app for exercise routines on the days that I'm not training and take one rest day per week. My goal is to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise at the bare minimum 6 days per week. I always do way more than that but it's a motivator on the days I get home from work completely exhausted. I found out the hard way what happens when I overexert myself.

@SamandaIndia love the photos! She seems like an excellent workout buddy. I used to babysit my neighbor's daughter when she was a year or two old and she would do the same thing or try to copy what I was doing.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're going to have a fun week ahead:

1. 256 mins exercise each (average so I am going to aim higher than that)
    2. mama mia dance roadblock , any volunteers?

OK, I don't do Greek food- so what exactly do I have to do for the dance? I can do it, but am a bit leary of actually posting it to the internet.
    I want to support the team, but . . . Help?