Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• Tusksmom
    Tusksmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am! First time doing something like this!!!
  • Tusksmom
    Tusksmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am Vickie a 44 year old teacher from Arkansas. I am trying to lose 30 lbs. I am not that confident when working out but I am trying!
  • healthylifefit
    healthylifefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes I am ready!! I had messaged you a couple days ago :) Hope everyone is doing great this morning!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @jabbar44 welcome to team 10
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I made it clear to the end of the second run of week 5 yesterday (C25K). I plan to do it again today so I maybe I can start week 6 monday after all.

A small brag- I had a whoosh this week (thank you TOM) and I now match my high school graduation weight.

For context, I was at my heaviest in high school. That is, until the last year when my weight had been creeping up and I passed it. My goal weight is what I weighed a year after puberty (I held steady at that weight for decades) and my dream weight is what I weighed in college.

Still, it's fun to say.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Go @TangledThread that is awesome!!
    You are on your way. Great sounding milestone.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    it snowed lightly in Amsterdam for a few hours and I got to spend an hour wandering back to the train station enjoying the snow. Great exercise n fun!! :)

Color me jealous. I love walking in the snow!

I wore a tank top and got a sunburn out on my run yesterday so I'm pulling out sunscreen for today. The weather is beautiful here but I shouldn't need sunscreen in early March or be walking outside without a coat.

• jabbar44
    jabbar44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    Our team is @mallowbar , @itstime2016 , ,@TangledThread , @LemonSocks , @plainanjelik , @briwashington5, @Buzymomof_3 and myself @SamandaIndia who we have heard from above plus a lot of folk who have not yet had a chance to check in, listed below to help everyone connect.

Hi there to the rest of our amazing team 10 members:
    @theetycho
    @jabber497 or @jabber4spam ?
    @jaya11
    @ReneeLauthers
    @AprilRN10
    @melibuny
    @healthylifefit
    @Tusksmom
    @greyismycolour
    @shockvalue07
    @zerlinna87

Everyone: Are you ready for the amazing race?
    Love to hear from you too, especially with your brief intro. Ready for our challenge kicking off?
    Great chance to support each other here.
    Go team 10!!!

It's jabber44

I am no spam
  • jabbar44
    jabbar44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's jabbar44
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Today was P90X3: The Challenge.

This one kicks my butt every time. 30 min of push ups (still modified, but that's ok!) and pull ups (still using resistance bands instead of pull up bar, but that's ok too!)

WOW! I can't do 3 push ups so I can't wrap my mind around doing them for 30 min. That's amazing!
    Cauliflower Rice! OMG it is amazing!! I have really missed rice but do not dare eat any because I could never stop at the proper portion. Cauliflower Rice is a great substitute!! And I had more than I could finish!!

Cauliflower Rice is delicious. So is mashed cauliflower and especially roasted cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower=ambrosia.

I'm hosting a dinner party tonight and will be cooking Mediterranean (cuisine not diet) and along with the chickpea main dish I'll be serving a a gingered turmeric cauliflower. YUM!

• healthylifefit
    healthylifefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Katie. I am 22 years old, living an the U.S. I am so excited to cheer each other on. I weigh about 170 pounds. My ultimate goal weight is 135, but I know that will take a lot of time. I am pretty good about exercising, but I am not very disciplined when it comes to food. I want to change that. Sometimes I struggle to understand why it's so hard. I am so disciplined about so many aspects of my life, why is food so tricky?? Recently I stepped outside my comfort zone and joined a boxing fitness class... Punching bags and all. I am very new to it, but seems like it will be a nice stress reliever after work. Looking forward to getting to know you all :) We've got this!!!
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today was P90X3: The Challenge.

This one kicks my butt every time. 30 min of push ups (still modified, but that's ok!) and pull ups (still using resistance bands instead of pull up bar, but that's ok too!)

WOW! I can't do 3 push ups so I can't wrap my mind around doing them for 30 min. That's amazing!
    Cauliflower Rice! OMG it is amazing!! I have really missed rice but do not dare eat any because I could never stop at the proper portion. Cauliflower Rice is a great substitute!! And I had more than I could finish!!

Cauliflower Rice is delicious. So is mashed cauliflower and especially roasted cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower=ambrosia.

I'm hosting a dinner party tonight and will be cooking Mediterranean (cuisine not diet) and along with the chickpea main dish I'll be serving a a gingered turmeric cauliflower. YUM!

Haha! They are modified push ups but still hard as heck! I love P90X3! The program can be modified even for someone like me! I know it works because I see results on the scale, loss of inches and improved strength and balance!! Best part is it's only 30 min per day so I can knock it out early in the AM or on my lunch break! ❤️ I am wondering what program I will do next. No more going to the gym for me... I can get a great workout at home!! Plus I eat at or just below my calories on most days. That is just as important!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Dude.

I just read the golden ticket. I totally have ROADBLOCK TWO in the bag. All I have to do it eat tonight's leftovers next week.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Love cauliflower rice. Wishing I could join @TangledThread for dinner. Sounds yum!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Looks like we're going to have a fun week ahead:

1. 256 mins exercise each (average so I am going to aim higher than that)
    2. mama mia dance roadblock , any volunteers?
    3. Roadblock 7 days adding some greek food into our diets , total 5 items with 2 points per day roadblock,
    4. Sugarfree week add 5 points.
    5. Bonus points:

Make sure you friended all your team and give one a word of encouragement on the status 5 days this week. You must post to your thread as well five days this week. 2 points for each day.

Fun. Above taken and summarised from Amazing race instructions. Now to double check all my friend messages got to the right people. Hope that I summarised it ok @mallowbar
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    You should all be mfp friends with me or have a friend message waiting for you. Look forward to hearing from you. Please send me a friend request if somehow mfp loses mine to you.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim. Today I'm 204 lbs my goal at the end of this challenge is to be 196. That's loosing a pound a week. I think that's doable. I would be even happier to loose 2 lbs a week, but I don't want to set the bar to high and be too disappointed. I'm a mom of 2, I work full time and am trying to go back to school in the summer. This is the first challenge I've joined and I'm very excited about it. I am a bit confused wth the race, does everyone do the road blocks or just one person?
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Where do we post a thread at? And what are we posting? I'm new to this.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @shockvalue07 Welcome. You just posted to your thread. Do that each day and let us know how you ate going. Check @mallowbar instructions under discussions for full race instructions. At least one of us needs to do a roadblock but last challenge most of us tried them for fun. Record your daily exercise, it adds up.

I am going to struggle this week to to post on this thread or on the main forum from Wednesday on. Flying to USA and quietly hope the hotel has a scale so I can weigh in AND has decent wi-fi so I can cheer us all on.

I will still commit to over 300 minutes exercise this week plus the greek detour. I have a sugar free diet and friended you all so I am helping us get part way to Greece. Let's get out of New York and start this challenge strong!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just added Dex_ to our team. This is the last add on.