High Protein Meal/Snack Idea's

Options
I need to up my game with my protein! I'm sick of eating eggs and grilled chicken. Any suggestions/recipe's would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• klankton76
    klankton76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Any hunters in your family? I get a good amount of protein (without the fat) from venison. Also my husband is an avid fisherman so I've always at least got some king mackerel in my freezer.

64902234.png
  • klankton76
    Options
    My Mom also used to get a lot of her protein from Kefur. Higher protein, smaller amounts. I'm not sure where you get it. I think my Mom got it in a health food store and then continued to grow her own cultures from that. But she's really good at stuff like that... me? I just killed three more things. Thank God it wasn't the kids or dogs...

64902234.png
  • jessicalori510
    jessicalori510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hahahaha Klankton76

No hunters in my family, unfortunately!
  • klankton76
    Options
    Boo! Sometimes you can find venison in the store or at a butcher. Also try calling any meat processors in your area (this is where hunters take their kills) and see if they have anything. As for fish, look for stuff that is wild caught. It's much better and has less weird chemicals in it.

64902234.png
  • donnafrowen
    donnafrowen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find it hard hitting my protein intake as I am a vegetarian!! Any suggestions?
  • klankton76
    Options
    I find it hard hitting my protein intake as I am a vegetarian!! Any suggestions?

I wish I knew. Do you eat eggs and milk products or no animal products at all? My Mom is a pescatarian (I have no idea if the spelling is right on that) and she used kefir to help her get her protein when she was in her first year after gastric bypass. But it wasn't just a drink. She also used the curdy part and made some kind of dip for crackers. I don't know if that will help you or not. I hope you find something.

64902234.png
  • asaadsaleh
    asaadsaleh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For the vegetarian, adzuki beans is what i used when I was not eating meat (for one year now i'm normally eating) you can find here the list of beans highest in protein:
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/types-beans-highest-amount-protein-6835.html

for a healthy protein snack I make a cup of Nescafe with Regilait no fat milk (around 30g of the powder) hope this will help.