Poll for Keto'ers and LCHFers

Options
13»

Replies

• emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So this week I've been trying the IF in the mornings. So since Monday I'm having two meals and maybe one snack.
    But I don't know how long I can do this because when I don't eat in the morning I've noticed I get really shaky by like noon....so I may have to start throwing an egg or something in there in the mornings.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    So this week I've been trying the IF in the mornings. So since Monday I'm having two meals and maybe one snack.
    But I don't know how long I can do this because when I don't eat in the morning I've noticed I get really shaky by like noon....so I may have to start throwing an egg or something in there in the mornings.

Have you tried it with some coffee with coconut oil or MCT and butter? It will keep you in a fasted state so you get the fasting benefits, but prevent the hunger.
    If you add cream, you start a digestive reaction, which will make hunger come earlier. Adding any food that requires that type of digestion, will bring hunger on more quickly.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Have you tried it with some coffee with coconut oil or MCT and butter? It will keep you in a fasted state so you get the fasting benefits, but prevent the hunger.
    If you add cream, you start a digestive reaction, which will make hunger come earlier. Adding any food that requires that type of digestion, will bring hunger on more quickly.

Will that makes complete sense. No I haven't done the MCT or butter....I don't have a blender or anything. I've been doing iced coffee with HWC....haha...
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Usually three. Today I am doing just two. Coffee in the morning and lunch and dinner because my lunch is going to be high calories.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    4-6 times. I've been under 100g low carb for nearly a year, and more recently under 40g (about the last 3 months), and I still have a HUGE appetite. I could easily put down 4000 calories a day if I didn't really watch it. I do have a hyperactive thyroid though, treated but it could still play a part. I'm also very active.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

Will that makes complete sense. No I haven't done the MCT or butter....I don't have a blender or anything. I've been doing iced coffee with HWC....haha...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/#axzz43AWUlPUj

@emilybeaver I do and did this with coffee and tea, and there's even links for how to do it and make it iced. Personally, I just used a sealed bottle and shook what my momma gave me. It emulsified quite well as long as I took the time, coconut oil and all....
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have broth with coconut oil and butter in the morning, then a big dinner. No lunch or snacks for me.
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Only 2 meals a day and some cream I whip as a desert after dinner. I almost never have 3 meals a day.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. On weekdays I usually have 1-2 meals with a few snacks (cheese, nuts, a square of dark chocolate). On weekends, depends on what I am doing and with whom, most of the time it's just one meal.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I am slowly transitioning over to being less hungry, which is totally new for me. I've always been a regular eater / snacker. In the past month, I've had days where I've only eaten once or twice, and even a couple rare days that were inadvertent IF days.

Then I get hungry days, where my calorie goal is the only thing stopping me from inhaling the refrigerator. Most days I'd call myself a "moderate eater" at least 2 meals and a snack.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Zero to 6 for me.

I usually have 2 sit down meals (lunch and dinner) and often an evening snack, but I sip BPC for most of the day. From 8am to 4pm I usually have a coffee going, and those coffees usually have 1/2tsp coconut oil and a teaspoon of cream, up to a few tablespoons of cream, a teaspoon of coconut oil, and some protein powder.... I have no idea how to count that since I graze on it.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The earlier I start eating, the more meals I end up having. The days I feel best are the ones where I don't get around to eating until early-to-mid afternoon. Then I usually only eat once or twice.

I also found that the higher my carb intake (I range from 3g/day to 35g/day), the more often I get hungry.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Most likely 2 real meals and 2 - 3 snacks.... but I don't get my lazy butt out of bed until 10 or 10:30.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 2 snacks