Roller coaster

Options
karabultman
karabultman Posts: 5 Member
Is it normal while low carbing to want to eat everything one day and not want to eat at all the next day?

Replies

• MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have been like that too. one day, i ended up eating a total of 900 calories and that was FORCED. another day, i had over 1800. it had nothing to do with my carb ratios, either. i'm not sure :|
  • karabultman
    karabultman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you still losing? How long have u been lowcarbing?
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Totally normal! Especially in the early days. I find now (8 months in) that it has evened out quite a bit. Its a great opportunity to get in touch with your hunger and learn how to feed your body what it needs.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to learn what hungry really feels like so that you can learn to eat when actually hungry. Sometimes we think we are hungry when we get a little growl in the belly or haven't eaten in a while. I think intermittent fasting is a very good tool to use to learn how hungry feels. Then you can determine if you're actually hungry.
    If I'm actually hungry, I'm happy to eat anything. I'm not wanting a certain food. If I want a certain food and nothing else sounds good, I'm craving, not hungry.
    But to answer the question, yes, it's completely normal to be hungrier some days than others. I've had days as low as 500-600 calories and days as high as 2000. I think it's important to learn to eat by your hunger and not by a schedule or by cravings or by trying to reach some set calorie goal. Those aren't natural eating behaviors.