bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
I liked it so much I'm sticking with it.

For time

21-15-9

calorie row
deadlift
wall balls

Replies

• kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    that might be it. I'm expecting thrusters for 16.5, but haven't tried to guess the others, but a repeat might be likely too.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    I hope you are right Bostonwolf
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    That is my prediction too! A combo of those three. I hate wallballs so am living in fear.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm predicting Castro will pull out a girl WOD. Heavy Diane. 21-15-9 HSPU and Deadlifts, but at 275/195. Or maybe Karen.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    You all were close. Chipper x 55
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Did it this morning. Got 138RX. Wow...that was tough! Wish I'd gotten to the HSPUs but WBs are a killer for me.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    dinsfamily wrote: »
    Did it this morning. Got 138RX. Wow...that was tough! Wish I'd gotten to the HSPUs but WBs are a killer for me.

Nice job. I'm not sure if when i get to the rowing I'll be happy that wall balls are done, or cringing that rowing is starting ;)

Doing 16.4 tonight.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2016
    Finally a workout I can do!lol not meaning its easy by any means but with my limited shoulder ability I cant do alot of the workouts without extreme modifying
  • DanTheeMan
    DanTheeMan Posts: 7 Member
    Did 16.4 tonight..."Scaled" at an AirForce Box just like on the reveal. Got 165 before time ran out. Been doing Crossfit for (3) years and this was the first time I thought I was going to toss my cookies :smile: Good Luck all...Chippers are intense!
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    I got 143RX. Gaheligh WBs suck *kitten*
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    I got 171 scaled. I am definitely feeling it today.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Got to HSPU at Rx with 14 seconds and couldn't get up. Ugh. I was going to try it again same day but never got motivated enough to get my butt back into the gym. I really had Wall Balls!
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    165 rx with a 10:26 tie breaker.....Got no repped on my first HSPU and it messed with me, struggled to lock out any more after that. I might try again tomorrow, I know I can HSPU, but damn they were tough after all that.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    58rx. This is the first time I've done deadlifts at this high of a volume at 155 soo that was fun. And wall balls were just awful for me. I got no-repped so many times that it took me several minutes to even get 3 :0! It's a hard life when you're under 5ft tall blegh.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    183 reps Rx. I was hoping for 10 HSPUs, so I'm very happy with that. Paced myself well to start, and it was not nearly as awful as I was expecting. I've been stocking up the tank with lovely carby calories the last couple days, which I think really helped. This workout is really making me consider switching to maintenance for a while to focus on fully fueling my workouts.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    165 reps Rx here on Friday. I finished rowing at the 9:15 mark, figured I'd take 45 seconds to catch my breath (laying on floor next to my rower) then spent 3 minutes trying to lock out a HSPU. I prefer to do these facing into the wall, but rules had you facing outwards so I had to try to do the best I could knowing I didn't have that form down. I fell on my face more times than I can tell you, but in the end, I was happy with my score.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    This one was a killer!
    I got 1 x full round (220) scaled. I would have loved to attempted RX but those DL would have smashed my back.
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    This was my first time doing RX. I went in to the gym with scaled in mind, but was convinced to do RX. Got 129. Not thrilled. If I had a 10 lb wall ball I know I would have done much better. Thoughts on this? Which would have been a better option? (because I waited until monday to do it, I can't do it over).
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Got 165RX with a tie break of 9:13. I was pretty proud but I can't do hspu... I tried for the remaining of the timecap but wasn't able to :(. You can win them all! :smile:
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    This was my first time doing RX. I went in to the gym with scaled in mind, but was convinced to do RX. Got 129. Not thrilled. If I had a 10 lb wall ball I know I would have done much better. Thoughts on this? Which would have been a better option? (because I waited until monday to do it, I can't do it over).

I think it depends on two things -

1. What's your reason/goal is for doing the Open.
    2. What is your overall ability to do Rx workouts vs. the scaled one.

For #1, if you're just doing it for the fun of trying different WODs, and you want to get a great workout in, then doing them scaled might make sense. See #2.

For #2, if you are not able to do the majority or any of the WODs Rx, then I think it doesn't really make sense to benchmark yourself at that level. I think then you should do scaled, or even less than scaled if you need to. If however you can do the majority of the exercises Rx, with maybe 1-2 overall that you can't do at all, then Rx I think makes more sense, unless per #1 you're just out to get the best/longest workout in you can.

In my case, with the exception of Muscle Ups, and to some degree HSPU, I can do all the exercises that have come up, at the Rx weights (or at least beginning weights in case of 16.2) so that was not a problem. On top of that, my goal was to benchmark myself and see where I ranked in with the larger community (more curious than anything) and then going forward, each year see if I improve on my overall ranking (within my box and at large) and score. So to that end, in 16.2 I recorded a score of 85 (I didn't get our of first 4 minute round because I was too slow on TTB and DUs - which are both known weaknesses for me), and in 16.3 I recorded a 10 (can't do Muscle Ups). Those will both be on my short list to work on more than normal this coming year. CTB hurt me in 16.1, not as much as those others, but it's also on my short list.