Team: The Big Butt Theory

Options
Now that the teams are formed it's time to introduce yourself to your fellow team members. These individuals will be your support. You are a team and you will do it together.

Feel free to use this discussion to share tips, comments and most importantly provide support.

Good Luck TEAM THE BIG BUTT THEORY!!

Replies

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow teamies! Come out, come out wherever you are!

I can't wait to lose some serious pounds with you. I'm a 45 year old mom of 2 kiddies under the age of 6. My husband decided he didn't find me attractive any longer due to my weight which has hit 220 and hit the road. He was the best diet ever!! I lost 195 of unwanted pounds in a day!! hahaha!!

Anyway, I want to lose the weight, not because of him, but because of me. I am the sole provider both financially and emotionally for the kids and I want to be around to see them grow.

I can't wait to meet all of you. Together we'll get healthy and have fun all while supporting each other to the finish line of The Biggest Loser for the month of April

Let's Do This!!!

Goooooo Team The Big Butt Theory!!!!!

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi teammates!!

I'm Bridget. I'm happy to be a part of this team!! @Serendipity0913...I too am 45 years old (just had a birthday in Feb). My highest weight was 232 lbs. I got down to 204 but back up to 212 right now. I'm ready to reach my goal weight of 145!!

My diet and exercise plans for this challenge beginning Apr 1st...
    (1) Exercise: start C25K program; go to gym 3 days/week
    (2) Diet: start Round 2 of 21 Day Fix (lost 7 lbs in Round 1)
    (3) Water: at least 64 oz/day

My weight loss goal for this challenge: Lose 8-10 lbs
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Wow!!! Our team name describes me perfectly...Lol.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Hi teammates!!

I'm Bridget. I'm happy to be a part of this team!! @Serendipity0913...I too am 45 years old (just had a birthday in Feb). My highest weight was 232 lbs. I got down to 204 but back up to 212 right now. I'm ready to reach my goal weight of 145!!

My diet and exercise plans for this challenge beginning Apr 1st...
    (1) Exercise: start C25K program; go to gym 3 days/week
    (2) Diet: start Round 2 of 21 Day Fix (lost 7 lbs in Round 1)
    (3) Water: at least 64 oz/day

My weight loss goal for this challenge: Lose 8-10 lbs

Bridget I love your plan! Very SMART detailed goals. They're Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. A perfect plan! You and I are the same in both age, goals and by the sounds of it body parts...LOL. I chose The Big Butt Theory because I'm trying to figure out what theory will get rid of my big butt!! hahaha!!

My 3 Goals are almost the same as yours:

1) Exercise: start the C25K program, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (every 2nd day)
    2) Diet: eat clean! no processed foods
    3) Water!!!! 64 oz/day
    4) Take fiber every day (Metamucil)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Lol...Thanks :) I love C25K!!! When are you starting it? I am signing up for my very first 5K run. I'm so scared and excited. It will be on Memorial Day so this challenge is right on time.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Lol...Thanks :) I love C25K!!! When are you starting it? I am signing up for my very first 5K run. I'm so scared and excited. It will be on Memorial Day so this challenge is right on time.

Wow, you've totally inspired me! I was thinking of starting C25K either on Monday or on Apr 1.
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to join. I think it will give me some great motivation. I'm Emily, I'm 28 and have a 7 and a 3 year old. I am starting week 4 of my weightloss journey, down about 8 lbs so far. I gained a great deal of my weight when I had my first. I was young and thought that being pregnant meant you could eat whatever, whenever...umm no! I gained 70lbs on top of already being overweivbt, which I failed to get rid of and then several years of fertility treatments and an illness that required 7 months of steroids followed by 2 other pregnancies has not been kind to my weight.

I am pre diabetic and have and few other health issues due to my weight gain. I am looking forward to getting healthy, dropping the weight and setting a good example for my children. My 7 year old has been running in a club at school and she loves to go out on trails so she has been my little workout buddy and a great motivation to get healthy.
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am starting c25k on monday, I already am walking a lot and do piyo on a regular basis.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    I'll start on Monday with you EmilyM8705. SweeteeBri you wanna start too? We can support each other...goodness knows I need it. I used to be a runner MANY moons ago. I've been walking too trying to get myself ready for the leap into C25K
  • kwmama49
    kwmama49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Amy, I'm 40 years old. Married and mom of 3 kids. I'm at my highest weight ever. ..not counting pregnancy. I'm 190 lbs. My ultimate goal is to lose 40ĺbs and build muscle. I want the strength. I had a personal trainer for a while and was seeing results, but my 11yr old daughter was diagnosed with leukemia at the end of summer 2015...I packed on the weight.
    So looking for support, food ideas, workout ideas. If I could lose 10 lbs in this challenge it would be a great start! !
    Hello everybody! !
  • SweeteeBri
    Options

Wow, you've totally inspired me! I was thinking of starting C25K either on Monday or on Apr 1.

Awe...thank you hun.
  • SweeteeBri
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'll start on Monday with you EmilyM8705. SweeteeBri you wanna start too? We can support each other...goodness knows I need it. I used to be a runner MANY moons ago. I've been walking too trying to get myself ready for the leap into C25K

Emily...Welcome to the group and thank you for giving us that extra nudge to start C25K ;)

Serendipity...Yes!! Let's do this. I need all the support I can get too...Lol. How many and which days are you ladies planning to do it? I'm planning to do the recommended 3 days/week.

Amy...Welcome to the group!!
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 yrs old my kids are older (23 and soon to be 16). I always put my family first including aging parents and grandparents, since I don't work outside of the house everyone expects me to take of my elderly family. This is the first time I'm putting myself first so I can be in good health for my future and future grandchild. I'm not rushing to be grandma anytime soon but I want to be the best me.
    This my 8th week working out and trying to eat right. I'm averaging a weight loss of 1# week. Started C25K today, I did a lot better than I expected since I never ran before. I'm hoping C25K will increase my weight loss. Don't give up and I'm here to cheer everyone on.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    I'm planning on the recommended 3 days/week. Ok girlies...game on!! Tomorrow we'll start C25K!! SweetBri, Emily and myself. I haven't run in years and the Couch to 5K program is amazing. Anyone I've ever talked to that has done it has said you do literally go from couch potato to being able to run a 5Km run if you follow the program. I'll be doing mine on the treadmill because I can't get out with the kids (ages 6 & 2).

Anyone other team members want to join us?
  • scottbrianna19
    scottbrianna19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What exactly is c25k
  • kwmama49
    kwmama49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join you guys for the c25k...however...where are you getting the program? Is there a website or something to get you started?
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    What exactly is c25k

Couch to 5K. It's a running program for those of us who are not runners but aspire to be :) If you follow the program, you should be able to run a 5K race even if you're never run before. If you would like to join us, you can download the app on your smart phone for free.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    kwmama49 wrote: »
    I'll join you guys for the c25k...however...where are you getting the program? Is there a website or something to get you started?

Yay!! The more...the merrier. It's a free download for your smartphone. I got mine from the Amazon App Store for free. The Google Play Store also has it for free.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    You'll find lots of information about C25K, including the apps here c25k.com

It's a fantastic program. I know of many people that had not run in their life or used to but couldn't run anymore if their life depended on it. It starts you out slowly and by the end of the program you should be able to run a 5KM run or even better...a marathon. I have always wanted to run a marathon and I want to make it my goal for 2016.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Ladies if you want to feel inspired check out Ben's video. I have been following him on youtube for several years now. I've watched his video a gazillion times and I still tear up and feel emotional after watching it.

I guarantee you'll want to start running tomorrow after watching it.

c25k.com/ben_video.html