TEAM 3! Ready To Rock!!

Options

Replies

• lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    OMG that was funny. Just completed all videos of Irish Dancing, thank God didn't have to video self. But hey, anything to get points for Variety Pack Team. Well, not anything, but that was doable!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow great job team, we're more than half way to Ireland. Don't forget we get extra points for every 10% miles we go over! Be careful how much green beer you consume. Very popular in the Boston area.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a healthy St. Patrick's Day!

My husband and I picked up our 8 week old lab puppy (named Penny!) on Wednesday night. From someone who was used to 8/9 hours of sleep, the new disjointed 6 hour nights are killing me. Regardless, I had a killer workout yesterday and I'm keeping my coffee calories within goal :)

I mentioned this as a status, but I ran 3 miles without walk breaks yesterday! I always run/walk - and while I intend to run/walk my next half in May, I REALLY want to get a faster 5k time and match the pace of my sister-in-law (if not faster ;) ). Progress!
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Nicci93 wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a healthy St. Patrick's Day!

My husband and I picked up our 8 week old lab puppy (named Penny!) on Wednesday night. From someone who was used to 8/9 hours of sleep, the new disjointed 6 hour nights are killing me. Regardless, I had a killer workout yesterday and I'm keeping my coffee calories within goal :)

I mentioned this as a status, but I ran 3 miles without walk breaks yesterday! I always run/walk - and while I intend to run/walk my next half in May, I REALLY want to get a faster 5k time and match the pace of my sister-in-law (if not faster ;) ). Progress!

Sister-in-law? Faster will offer bragging rights for the rest of the summer!
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok, so now I know for sure I'm no dancer. I have two left feet which I always get tangled up together. The girl goes left, I go right, she hops forward, I hop back. Still managed to get through all the vids but will keep practicing to see if I can get better. All in all, fairly active day today and I have been eating like a pot belly pig!
    I do have a confession to make. Sometimes I add food to my diary that I don't actually eat just to add calories, so MFP will post completed on my status. I guess that's better than actually eating something and not logging it???
  • Nicci93
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    I do have a confession to make. Sometimes I add food to my diary that I don't actually eat just to add calories, so MFP will post completed on my status. I guess that's better than actually eating something and not logging it???

MFP's numbers are there for safety to make sure people don't undereat... Are you particularly short or have some metabolic conditions that call for you eating under 1,000 daily? I'm not going to lie, it worries me to hear about how active you are and then hear that your eating is actually lower than what your diary states :(

• JagZag
    Options
    Nicci, no need to worry. I am fine. I don't always add food that I don't eat. Just sometimes when I'm just not hungry. I try to eat a varied diet to get in the essentials and at my ht. 5'2", and age 65, I just don't need all that much food. I'm not starving myself or anything like that. Exercising makes me feel better and I'm not really overdoing anything. Thank you for your concern and if I start feeling unwell I will make changes.
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dale, I don't understand - if you are above or below your calories and you grit the completed button it should complete no matter what, right? I think it is not helping you to fudge on your intake in either direction as the app is here to help you. Maybe I'm not understanding the issue correctly
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm back home. My time away went well. I did a few runs along the seawall. It probably wasn't the best for my knees, but it was beautiful. My eating was good. I turned down all the free desserts and booze.
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Headrain wrote: »
    Dale, I don't understand - if you are above or below your calories and you grit the completed button it should complete no matter what, right? I think it is not helping you to fudge on your intake in either direction as the app is here to help you. Maybe I'm not understanding the issue correctly

There is a minimum amount of calories you must consume before MFP does the calculation to say where your weight might be in 5 weeks if everyday was like today. This is to make sure the person isn't being unhealthy by starving himself or herself in order to lose weight. If you complete your day without the minimum amount consumed it sends you a warning message instead. I've been short in the past on days where I honestly just wasn't hungry. There could be lots of reasons for this... sickness, busyness, really any distraction. Under eating is obviously something you don't want to be doing, especially repeating often. (Don't worry, I'm not doing it on purpose or consistently. And if I have an eating disorder it is definitely on the other end of the spectrum consuming too many calories.) But, when you are talking about a few calories here or there, especially when amounts and calories are often estimated I too have fudged a number slightly to close out the day instead of running to the fridge at 11pm and eating a slice of cheese. However, personally I would fudge quantity vs. fudge adding a food I didn't consume since it is likely more accurate of a number.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Can someone enter my stuff on the spreadsheet? I'm in the mountains and my phone won't cooperate. 17th exercise (27)min, 18th (29) mins, and I've logged my food everyday. Thanks :-)
    Edit: I ate the rainbow colors every day too.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Can someone enter my stuff on the spreadsheet? I'm in the mountains and my phone won't cooperate. 17th exercise (27)min, 18th (29) mins, and I've logged my food everyday. Thanks :-)
    Edit: I ate the rainbow colors every day too.
    Got it entered for you Kayla.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Lorna, Steve explained it better than I could have. Steve, never thought of just putting in a larger quantity of something I did eat. Just used to weighing and measuring, I guess. :)
  • JagZag
    Options
    Headrain wrote: »

Lorna, my calorie quota is 1200, mainly because MFP won't let me put it lower. If I don't log at least 1000-1100 it tells me I'm not eating enough. I didn't get 50 lbs. overweight by not eating that's for sure. So, on occasion when I don't get enough calories, I just add something that I don't eat. Sometimes, I planned to eat it but just didn't get around to it. Either way, my calories even out over the long haul.
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    Back on my bike today for first time in a WEEK. Felt refreshed and relaxed. The break did me no harm at all.
    Back to the gardening on Tuesday. Nearly there with all the heavy work, and finally looking fwd to the planting.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Pmm5pla wrote: »
    Back on my bike today for first time in a WEEK. Felt refreshed and relaxed. The break did me no harm at all.
    Back to the gardening on Tuesday. Nearly there with all the heavy work, and finally looking fwd to the planting.

Pat's back in the saddle again! I know it felt good after a week off.
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Team!!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable and healthy weekend :) I just entered the rest of my information for last week's challenge. If anyone hasn't entered their data and needs help please let me know and I'll do what I can. Enjoy your day and keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • Nicci93
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

We are heading to Hershey, PA this week in honor of Easter chocolate :) I know we're supposed to share egg recipes, but I honestly don't do much with them since they are delicious on their own! During the week I have a hard-boiled egg as a high-protein snack a few times.

My favorite way to eat them is French Toast xD haha but I also like when they are cooked into a hash. My husband occasionally makes a ham, potato, and egg mixture that is delicious.

OH! I also really love deviled eggs.. I'm hoping someone makes them for Easter since I'm lousy in the kitchen, but here is a healthy recipe I found online: http://www.fannetasticfood.com/recipes/healthy-deviled-eggs/
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    Nicci93 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

We are heading to Hershey, PA this week in honor of Easter chocolate :) I know we're supposed to share egg recipes, but I honestly don't do much with them since they are delicious on their own! During the week I have a hard-boiled egg as a high-protein snack a few times.

My favorite way to eat them is French Toast xD haha but I also like when they are cooked into a hash. My husband occasionally makes a ham, potato, and egg mixture that is delicious.

OH! I also really love deviled eggs.. I'm hoping someone makes them for Easter since I'm lousy in the kitchen, but here is a healthy recipe I found online: http://www.fannetasticfood.com/recipes/healthy-deviled-eggs/

French toast is magically delicious. Hopefully, the challenge will bring us to Paris over the coming weeks?
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    I will get some time Tuesday evening to update spreadsheet for week 3. If anyone would like to get there ahead of me, well that would be just fine too!