Hummus

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
Nobody every mentions hummus around here. Too carby? I just got a container of this stuff from Costco:

http://www.hopefoods.com/products/hummus/spicy-avocado

hummus-spicyavocado-main.png

3g carbs (2g net), 4g fat, 1g protein per serving. Basically garbanzo beans + avocado + EVOO + salt and other spices.

I think I'm in love. :)

Replies

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Too carby for me because I love hummus too much and would eat the whole tub! It was my fav snack when I was at the 100 g day range. Maybe one day I can enjoy it again
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is too carby for me, I eat it anyway sometimes. I am one of those people who will eat the whole container in one sitting.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Too carby for my self control. It was one of my favourite foods, I used to make my own, it's very easy and can be endlessly varied depending on what you add to the basic recipe. Very healthy too, except that I could easily eat whatever amount I made (usually with pitta or some other bread). Maybe some day.

::flowerforyou::
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered hummus as well. I'm trying to stay at the higher end of the low carb spectrum, around 100g. Hummus is a great pre-workout snack.
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat with your hummus? I do enjoy olives and celery, but what other options keep it LC and tasty....and a good "vehicle" for getting it in your belly? :smiley:
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    A spoon works for me. :)

But it also works well as a veggie dip. I like it with bell peppers. I'll just plop some on a meat dish too.
  • Msroro
    Msroro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is like to dip some pork rinds in there lol
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You could cut regular hummus with some blended turnip or zuchinni to lower the carbs per serving
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    oooo just found this recipe for cauliflower hummus, haven't tried making that kind yet: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015/05/low-carb-cauliflower-hummus-recipe.html
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, Hummus and bits of solid cold coconut oil as an after weight workout snack
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to dip sugar snap peas in my hummus.
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and hummus go great together.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    i could sit and eat a container of hummus so for me it is self control for sure ....LOL