Team: The Big Butt Theory

Options

Replies

• iamaleaf
    iamaleaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm 29 years old and married with no kids. I'm currently ~180 pounds but it has been an ongoing battle. When I was younger I was in an abusive relationship that led to my "original" weight gain, then a few years ago I met my now husband and decided it was time to get healthy and reclaim that "part" of me that would undo the last of the damage from my previous relationship. I was ~197 lb at the time and went all the way down to ~150 lb. Then the stress of moving to a new country to be with my partner, getting visas etc (I live in Australia now and I'm originally from Central America) combined with "enjoying the married life and being happy" I ended up back at my original starting weight and then some (~205 lb by July last year). That's when I started on this journey again and started trying to adapt healthy living to my "new lifestyle". I've been stalled and gotten a bit complacent in the last couple of months, so this challenge really seemed like the opportunity to get going again. I'm usually somewhat shy when it comes to forum boards, etc, but I will do my best to stay connected :)

Let's do this!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Big Butt Theory!!

Welcome and thanks for joining The Biggest Loser Challenge - April 2016

Your team is now complete with 15 members. Starting Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 (depending on what day you weigh-in) you can submit your starting weight numbers. All starting weights must be entered by April 1 .

Be sure to utilize your team members for support and encouragement over the month of April. You are now officially accountable to them. They are counting on you for weekly bragging rights of being The Biggest Loser!!

Good Luck Everyone!

Serendipity xo
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    OMG...that video brought tears to my eyes AND inspired me to no end!!! Thanks for sharing it Serendipity.

Yay Team Big Butt Theory!! Let's rock this challenge. I think we're off to a great start planning our workouts and supporting one another.
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    I'll start on Monday with you EmilyM8705. SweeteeBri you wanna start too? We can support each other...goodness knows I need it. I used to be a runner MANY moons ago. I've been walking too trying to get myself ready for the leap into C25K

Emily...Welcome to the group and thank you for giving us that extra nudge to start C25K ;)

Serendipity...Yes!! Let's do this. I need all the support I can get too...Lol. How many and which days are you ladies planning to do it? I'm planning to do the recommended 3 days/week.

Amy...Welcome to the group!!

I did it Monday Wednesday and Friday last time and it worked out well. I think that is what I'm going great to do this time as well.
  • MrsThomas21413
    edited March 2016
    Options
    IAmALeaf wrote: »
    I'm usually somewhat shy when it comes to forum boards, etc, but I will do my best to stay connected :)

Let's do this!

I am the same way, I am challenging myself to participate more and get out there and get to know more people. I feel that I need to because without the support I am liable to fall back into my old rut.
  • MrsThomas21413
    Options
    Is our starting weight what we put when we registered, or do you want us to submit again before the 31st? Where will we be submitting our weigh-ins?
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    Is our starting weight what we put when we registered, or do you want us to submit again before the 31st? Where will we be submitting our weigh-ins?

We will be submitting our starting weight by Apr 1st. Serendipity used our registration weight for the purpose of building the teams only. She will probably make a weekly weigh-in thread. At least that's how it's usually done.
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Ashley, single and just turned 29. My highest weight was ~ 193 about two years ago. My lowest was in the high 170s and right now, I am in the low 180s. My ultimate goal is to get into the 130s but that might take awhile. I keep going up and down with the same few pounds. My exercising hasn't been very consistent, and neither has my eating. I intended to do the whole 30 in March, but it went out the window pretty quickly. I've still eaten pretty healthy, but unfortunately I haven't kicked the bad habits, such as sugar and chocolate. I've even had the occasional soda, but nothing like how I was a few years ago. I used to have at least one soda a day. Then I got kidney stones, which I do not recommend getting. I cut out soda, and sometimes I will slip, but usually it's on a rare occasion. I'm going to try something new in April, by eating healthy for six days, and then having a re-feed, or cheat, day, almost like doing a whole 30/21 day fix type of thing. I'm hoping that it will help. I am thinking of doing the C25K as well, but won't start for another few days, because the next few days are booked solid.
  • Free2batx
    Free2batx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Looks like I barely made the team! Thanks for making room for me! I'm 30, no kids and no husband. I've spent forever working on my education and career, and really ballooned in law school. 16 hour study days will do that to you I guess. Anyway, I'm looking to get on track. I started Dec. 16 at 375 and today I'm 334.5. I've been focused only on staying under on calories and getting 10,000 steps a day. I haven't deprived myself of anything but I always stay under, and so far that's kept me from making really horrendous food decisions. Can't wait to get to know everyone as we continue this journey together! I'll definitely look into C25K.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    atrosper wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Ashley, single and just turned 29. My highest weight was ~ 193 about two years ago. My lowest was in the high 170s and right now, I am in the low 180s. My ultimate goal is to get into the 130s but that might take awhile. I keep going up and down with the same few pounds. My exercising hasn't been very consistent, and neither has my eating. I intended to do the whole 30 in March, but it went out the window pretty quickly. I've still eaten pretty healthy, but unfortunately I haven't kicked the bad habits, such as sugar and chocolate. I've even had the occasional soda, but nothing like how I was a few years ago. I used to have at least one soda a day. Then I got kidney stones, which I do not recommend getting. I cut out soda, and sometimes I will slip, but usually it's on a rare occasion. I'm going to try something new in April, by eating healthy for six days, and then having a re-feed, or cheat, day, almost like doing a whole 30/21 day fix type of thing. I'm hoping that it will help. I am thinking of doing the C25K as well, but won't start for another few days, because the next few days are booked solid.

Welcome Ashley!! I have issues with sugar and chocolate too. :) Feel free to join us for the C25K. We would love to have you.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    mlays005 wrote: »
    Looks like I barely made the team! Thanks for making room for me! I'm 30, no kids and no husband. I've spent forever working on my education and career, and really ballooned in law school. 16 hour study days will do that to you I guess. Anyway, I'm looking to get on track. I started Dec. 16 at 375 and today I'm 334.5. I've been focused only on staying under on calories and getting 10,000 steps a day. I haven't deprived myself of anything but I always stay under, and so far that's kept me from making really horrendous food decisions. Can't wait to get to know everyone as we continue this journey together! I'll definitely look into C25K.

Welcome to the team!! So glad you made it in :) Great loss so far. C25K is one of my favorite workouts. It's definitely worth looking into.
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    HI i made it in, can't believe it. i'm 59 want to be slim by 60 i weigh 250.2 did weigh 246 last sunday but went on a cruise and gained 4 poundseven with all the walking but thats allright wont cry i plan to kick it in april.Want to be 170 in the end i am 5'11.Biggest loser here i come,my plan simple track daily walk daily on sunday kick it up a notch and walk two times.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    sliminby60 wrote: »
    HI i made it in, can't believe it. i'm 59 want to be slim by 60 i weigh 250.2 did weigh 246 last sunday but went on a cruise and gained 4 poundseven with all the walking but thats allright wont cry i plan to kick it in april.Want to be 170 in the end i am 5'11.Biggest loser here i come,my plan simple track daily walk daily on sunday kick it up a notch and walk two times.

Welcome to the team sliminby60.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    C25K: W1 D1--complete.
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Cindy. I am 46 years old. I am going through menopause and it is so tough to lose every pound. My weight has been up and down my whole life. Now it is up...way, way up. I have two boys and a step son. All are older 25,21 and 16. I have three grand children 2 girls and one boy. I want to get healthy so I can be around for a long time to see them grow. I also want to feel better and be able to do all the things I love to do (golf, ski, hiking). I am motivated but my body is fighting me or something weird. I started in January logging on MFP religiously and going to gym three days a week but have only taken off about 10 pounds but I know I have lost inches but I haven't measured which I need to do before this challenge. I find I do better when I have to be accountable. I am happy to be on this team. I am not a runner but I do the elliptical at the gym and weight training. Let's do this!! :smile:
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    C25K: W1 D1 - Complete.

Great job SweeteeBri!! My freakin' calves were squealing at me! lol
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Welcome Cindy! I am 45 and in the beginning stages of menopause so I feel your pain! I also have a 6 year old and almost 3 year old. They keep me hopping which is good. I want to be around to see them grow up so I have to get myself healthy.

Looking forward to losing with you!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    How are you ladies recording your activity for the C25K program? It's not really walking and not really running so I wasn't sure.
  • MrsThomas21413
    Options
    Day 1 c25k challenge day 1 fail....I will repeat day 1 tomorrow. Hopefully my toddler plays nice and let's me.!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    C25K: W1 D1 - Complete.

Great job SweeteeBri!! My freakin' calves were squealing at me! lol

Lol. Thanks!! You did great as well. I can't wait to get to week 9 :)