Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bex_2016 wrote: »
    Confused.com!! What day of the week do we officially weigh in? When is the cut of day? Apologies but I'm new to these challenges x

Weigh ins are on Tuesdays, but you have up until Thursday to get it in. You post your weight on the first tab of the Google Sheets page. To keep track of the other challenges, find the team 8 tab (scroll to the right on the bottom).

Not a good week for me :( I got the stomach bug, so Tuesday and Wednesday were useless, today might not be much better. Blargh.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey Team 8 - I've been working with Brynn on our spreadsheet - It got a makeover too! Hoping this makes it easier for you all to use and easier to see our team progress. I have switched out our old one for the new one. Take a look at it when you get a chance. **I did NOT delete the old one - it is after team 10 for now listed as first copy of T8** I kept it so that everyone can make sure that all the numbers transferred over right. Please double check to make sure these old eyes got it all.

How to use it - it has color now so you should be able to see the breakdown of all the minutes/roadblocks/challenges for the team. Don't put anything in the white point spaces for roadblocks/challenges - that is for Brynn to tally our stuff at the end of the week.

Minutes/Miles: Put your minutes in as you usually did - only change is your blocks are light green. Your total will add up to show you where you are (dark green). The bottom will have our team total, our goal number and how far under/over we are and what % that is. (That will help with our extra points when Brynn needs to tally those for us)

Roadblocks are separate (easier to tally). Just put complete or done when you have finished in the color block under the roadblock tab.

Challenges are also color blocked. Put the number of days that you complete the challenge in the color coded block - don't have to put anything other than the number. That will make it easy for Brynn to tally our points (in the white blocks) at the end of the week without sorting through all our words.

The Leader tabs/columns will calculate our points and Brynn will have those done at the end of the week for us to see where our team totals are.

Any questions, please ask!

Hope you all find that it works a little easier. If you have suggestions or ideas that can make it even easier, let us know.

We are all in this together!

Shawnee
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is so much easier for me to understand and follow now! X
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It looks great, and easier to follow. Thank you :)
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great job on the spreadsheet! Thanks, ladies!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Paddy's day! I had planned on making cabbage rolls with purple cabbage for dinner tonight, so I was excited to read this week's challenges and see the color challenge and the Irish dinner. 2 birds-hey! I've also had tomatoes, red potatoes, lemon, yellow peppers, asparagus, bananas, a brown pear and berries of all colors. We did a color challenge in the last round of the group, so this month I challenged myself to do the 5 colors every week! It's really been fun and I've been getting out of my food rut.

But we've had state testing this week and the grading period ends tomorrow, so things have been super busy at school. I'm trying to still stay on track as much as possible and I think I'm doing really well!
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ugh only lost a pound again.. I need to get it together.. Down to 216.. Can someone write that in for me.. Another 30 min of excercising today
  • Ahollowed
    Ahollowed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love it! The colors makes it easier
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What day just everyone weigh in? Just out of curiosity? Does a certain day work better for you, what's your pattern? Xx
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on wednesdays. I lost 1.4 this week. I am so motivated this go'round, that as long as the scale is going down each week, I will am thrilled. In my head, I need to get past a certain number to actually believe its for real. I know that the number on the scale isn't everything. I've come a long way in eating healthier and I feel so much stronger physically that now it's time for it all to come together. Time for the weight to come off.
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ugh I randomly got a terrible cold this week... Coughing constantly, stuffy nose, headache. I tried to keep exercising but this morning my body would not let me! So frustrating! The only good thing is my abs are getting a big coughing workout-so sore haha!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for you all being here... just seeing the support and knowing you are counting on me helps me get moving.

My numbers aren't as great as last week, but the intensity level is higher. I have started on the c25K and my goal is to finish it. I have never gotten all the way through it.

It's the weekend, so we have soccer and the 3-4 hour ride to and from but I plan to at least get my dance done for those extra points.

We can do this!!!!

And now this sleepy girl is gonna put on a dvr d show and probably fall asleep and miss most of it!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    I weigh myself on Mondays and Thursdays (and honestly sometimes every day). I don't sweat the numbers - for example today I went up to 150 after being at 147.6 on Thursday, but I'm not worried about it. I choose M/Th because it takes a few days for your weight to catch up with your food/activity, so on Mondays I have a good idea how I did during the week and Thursdays because it gives me time to readjust from the weekend.

Guys, I really feel like I'm finally doing this for me. I've figured it out because when I do eat poorly, I instantly have a plan for how I'm going to fix it and I don't have that guilty feeling anymore. I've decided if I'm going to do it for myself, then I'm doing it to make me healthy and feel better, but if I'm honest, sometimes those drinks or chocolate peanut butter balls make me feel happy too. There's no more guilt, there's no more worry, there's just a plan that I know will deviate on a somewhat common basis. So if I hit bumps now and then but can stay on track the rest of the time, then I know I'm doing okay. I'm happy.

Last night we had a dance at school and I'm always the DJ, so although I didn't get in the run I wanted (we were setting up and there was no time) my exercise last night was dancing the night away. Fun times!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Oh I also just looked and we came in third last week! Great job, team. We are awesome! I know I've got some minutes to make up today and tomorrow. We're doing great!
  • Ahollowed
    Options
    Sorry guys i spent last night coughing so didnt manage to get up and to the gym today. I'm still coughing but am going to try and make it tomorrow. I also havent done the road block yet but will tomorrow.
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Alright guys tomorrow starts a new week! Remember to start tracking your water. I'm going to try and start each day with a glass of lemon water to get it kick started. I already do this sometimes, but I'll be sure to do it every day this week.

If you could all do me a favor and on Sunday/Monday when you log your activity for Sunday, enter a 0 if you didn't do any. This way, I'll know everyone has logged and I can go ahead and tabulate points.

It looks like we've lost three more people - @jodybergeon @MiraVertega and @LastChanceRobin so we'll need to step up our game a bit to cover the missing people. We can do this! Today it was rainy and cold again so I really didn't want to do anything, but I made myself go run 3 miles! It's the furthest I've run in a year or so, and hopefully I'll be increasing that distance by half a mile each week. I have a doctors appointment this week to hopefully start fixing my knee so I can run without being in so much pain.

How's everyone feeling this weekend?
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm here!
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This had to have been my hardest week. No workouts yesterday just 30 mins tonight. I really need to focus!!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Wow - another rough day. It is so much easier when everyone is in school and at work! Did get the dance done and the meal in - although logged it as a snack as I remembered my mommas cabbage roll in the freezer that she left for me last time she made them! Gotta love the mom! I need to wipe out the roadblocks earlier in the week so they don't get me on the weekend!

Excited for next leg of the trip - hoping to increase my minutes since this week was a huge drop from the first week - although was more intense - gotta log the minutes too.

Water is a hard one for me so hoping this week will get me on track with that. My kids are gonna really wonder why I am taking their eggs to exercise this week! :)
  • Ahollowed
    Options
    I has a good day today! I almost skipped my workout this morning but did it. It makes such a difference.

Water is going to be hard.