Hangover Day 2....

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
So someone remind me that I'll be 30 not 21. Ugh. I drank a lot on Saturday. I did well with eating though!
So I feel awful this morning still. I'm drinking coffee and water but feel almost nauseous. I took my mag supplement this morning and I still feel awful. I know I need to eat something. What does one suggest? My usual go too is grease and fried foods but obviously that isn't going to happen.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Salt might help you rehydrate. Go with lots of salty broth. No need to eat before you are ready. A few hours, or even days, without food is no big deal, especially when keto adapted.

Hope you feel better soon.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    your probably going to feel awful for a bit. I did this last summer and it was awful. keep drinking water try some ibuprofen that usually helps me. and maybe some powerade 0. its gonna take a little time to get back to normal though.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    TMI: I've been in the bathroom twice today. I feel like I have the flu. Which I know I don't. Here is the extent of what I drank: started off with wine, then went to fruity cocktail drinks, then back to wine, then to diet coke and rum, then shots, and then beer (which I don't drink). Vomit. At least my husband know I'm on this WOE and forced me to eat steak kabobs instead of a burger and fries. I kept telling everyone that night whatever I say or do, DO NOT let me eat carbs they make me angry. Haha. So at least he listened!
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Was at a wedding this past weekend and had too much to drink as well. I wasn't hungover but I had a real powerful headache. After taking so many Advils and Tylenol. I finally took some Excedrin and a little nap and my headache was gone. Feel better soon!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    That is what I literally did all day yesterday. Took ibuprofen and slept on and off all day. It doesn't help that my allergies are full blown right now either. I think I'm going to go get Hardees low carb burger.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Alcohol gets priority processing before carbs, so limit yourself to 1-2 drinks over several hours - or expect this type of issue every single time.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Oh trust me #1) I'm not a drinker, I maybe have a couple glasses of wine or a margarita once a month and #2) I already told my husband I'm not 21 anymore and I'm not doing this but once a year....
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Since starting this WOE, I can NOT drink alcohol! I have two drinks and I have a wicked hangover! Feels like the flu. I'm so sorry, I truly feel your pain.
  • pugglepants318
    pugglepants318 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No advice, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone, same thing happened to me this weekend. I am getting OLD! :smile: