Team 9

Options

Replies

• sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    memere101..How does the buddy system work?
  • sukkara
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was trying to remember the chick flick movie that was made in Ireland. I think the man dies and his wife goes to Ireland. I just rememberthe bar scene. Or maybeI am confused??

Is it "P.S. I love you?"with Hilary Swank & Gerard Butler?
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    sukkara wrote: »
    I was trying to remember the chick flick movie that was made in Ireland. I think the man dies and his wife goes to Ireland. I just rememberthe bar scene. Or maybeI am confused??

Yes! Thanks @sukkara
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The buddies are for motivation, encouragement, and support. Share your struggles and your insights. Remind each other to check in each week.
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great day and if not shake it off because tomorrow is Fresh new start! :-)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I think some participants are too busy to be buddies and perhaps don't even read this thread because of it, nor possibly read their news feeds ... especially when they have an appliance like fitbit to connect to MFP for their food and exercise logging. ...
  • sukkara
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    The buddies are for motivation, encouragement, and support. Share your struggles and your insights. Remind each other to check in each week.

Great! Thanks
  • sukkara
    Options
    sukkara wrote: »

Yes! Thanks @sukkara

My pleasure!
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    Okay so I did all 7 Irish dance video, ate my Rainbow foods, had my Irish inspired food, workedout M-F for about 60 minutes daily and updated my spreadsheet.

I am going outof town to visit family for the weekend. I think all I have to remember is to log my food those two days.

Well everyone have a good weekend. I think this week's numbers will be better. :-)
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Things have been busy so I haven't been able to post much. I did the videos on Wednesday with my daughter, she loved them! I may have to find her a step dancing class around here. I also had colcannon (mashed poatoes and kale) so that's the Irish food done. (we eat a lot of potatoes so I wasn't worried about that one!)

I thought the rainbow challenge was to eat 1 of each color each day so I finished that pretty early. lol! I actually found it not super difficult and it kind of made it easier to figure out what to eat so I'm going to try to keep that up.

My weight was up 2lbs at the last weigh-in :o but it seems to have been water weight as it's gone now, hopefully I'll have some good news at the next one and still be on track!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • mindse
    mindse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All I have been crazy busy and traveling but I am here! I logged in all my minutes last night for last week and I will try to do better keeping up daily this week. Here's to a great week for all of us!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    OMG that Accountability Challenge for this week .. I will float away!

Cannot even try the Roadblock 1 ... so sorry team, I cannot this week again, get 35 points for us that it would give our team. I'll try, really try, to drink all that water though!
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    @Nikion901 I believe in you. Just start early in the day and if it gets boring add some flavor to eat, sliced berries or lemon, cucumbers and mint.

Weekend was hard but I said accountable, logged all my food on Saturday and on Sunday I took a break and fasted. So no food to report.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @Nikion901 I believe in you. Just start early in the day and if it gets boring add some flavor to eat, sliced berries or lemon, cucumbers and mint.

Thanks ... I won't have any issues with the Omega-3 and Mufa - Nutrition Challenge ... but I cannot do that video for Roadblock 1 and I'm not certain at all that I can drink 15 cups of water in a day for the Accountability Challenge ...

Now you .... I think you can handle that video!
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day! I'm back down after being up last week, so basically I'm back where I started :/ Oh well, it is what it is and I'm determined not to end the challenge at the same place as I am now.

I don't really eat egg recipes much, just hard-boiled with breakfast sometimes or poached. I'll have to dig to find something to post.

Luckily I eat nuts and avocados almost everyday so that part will be easy! Water should be okay, I usually drink a lot if I'm paying attention. But I find when I'm out all day or busy I forget so I'll have to make sure I remember!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Memere101 left the challenge . She's having medical issues so that leaves you out of a leader. So I will be taking care of your spreadsheet and checking on your post daily. If anyone wants to be a co leader for the team send me a message. As a co leader you just need to check here daily and message me for problems or concerns and check in our leader thread every week.
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Memere101 left the challenge . She's having medical issues so that leaves you out of a leader. So I will be taking care of your spreadsheet and checking on your post daily. If anyone wants to be a co leader for the team send me a message. As a co leader you just need to check here daily and message me for problems or concerns and check in our leader thread every week.

I set up the spreadsheet for Memere101 for week 2 going forward ... it has calculations for the miles already built in and places for the major challenges ... so anyone taking over as co leader can easily fill in the items that need to be added ... such as the details miles to go and amount of minutes we each need, and assign the weekly points from what we all post on the challenges parts, and any little details ... good luck.

• Nikion901
    Options
    Well, Team 9 ... I am doing horrible at my weight loss and exercise efforts. Something triggered an overeating binge like I haven't had in many months and I have gained weight since the challenge started. At first I blamed a slight increase in weight on being water-logged as I have been experiencing edema in my feet and legs ... enough of it so that my shoes don't fit and it hurts my feet to walk on them. But then real large overeating set in and I find myself up even more this week than last ... I am definitely going in the wrong direction here.

If I do not get my eating back under control this week, I feel that this one will be my last one as part of your team. I really feel like will be dragging you down in the challenge with my poor performance and that you will de better without me on the team.
  • sukkara
    Options

I really hope Memere101 is OK.
    Nikion901 you're part of the team, and we all have ups and downs, don't give up on us, you can do it!
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    @Nikion901 please do not feel that way. We all go through times where you want to throw in the towel, but push past it. If you have gained, maybe do better food logging or change your set calories. I also on occasion have been known to binge, but the difference this time is that I log the episode as ugly as it is and hop back on,my eating plan the rest of the day. Hang in there! :-)