Confession

Options
daisycow20
daisycow20 Posts: 10 Member
Ugh. Confession time...you guys are my support group and I gotta confess to someone so I can officially straighten up. I've been bad guys. My boyfriend and I cooked a huge feast to celebrate Valentine's day, and ever since I've been HORRIBLE. If it had just been the one day it would have been fine, but I pretty much went on a binge for a couple weeks. It was like my body freaked out when it realized what it was missing and I have been insanely hungry! Last night I couldn't even sleep because my heart was pounding so hard from all the sugar and fat I'd eaten. Today I'm officially back to being good. I'd been trying to restart for a week but somehow today it just clicked and I've had the willpower to resist temptation! I'm going to weigh in tomorrow...dreading it because I know I gained a lot back, but hopefully it's mostly water weight that will fall off fast.

Replies

• katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Doesn't matter how long you've been off, as long as you get right back on that horse.

Don't put too much stock in the scale. If you think it's probably only going to depress you, then don't do it. Get back on track for a week or so then weigh in. You don't want to get disheartened and give up.
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ive been struggling.. and the scale doesn't help in those times ! lol..
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You haven't been horrible. Don't talk to yourself like that :) you've been eating in a way that is making you feel ill, and you're recognizing that you want to change that pattern to be kinder to yourself.

Way to go with the willpower, you're getting stronger every day!
  • meredith1629
    meredith1629 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to stop labeling foods as good food and bad food. Or eating well and eating badly. That kind of talk. Can leave you feeling like YOU are bad or YOU are good.

Try telling yourself that you are strong enough to start over right now. The last two weeks happened but they aren't the end! You can start over right now.