Tired of this

Options
teets19771
teets19771 Posts: 64 Member
I am an emotional, binge eating freak, could use friends, and any advice is welcome. I'm glad to be here

Replies

• Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's an everyday struggle not to use food as comfort. Feel free to add me. :)
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sent you an add. We're all in this together! This is a great place to vent, process, or celebrate the little victories. I think you'll find this is a very supportive group!
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. Feel free to add me.

This is why I joined this group. I've been an emotional eater pretty much my whole life. I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic two weeks ago tomorrow. It's been the push I needed to actually do the things I have talked about for a while -- eating better, exercising. But I've had a hard time dealing with the diagnosis emotionally. I've wanted so much to turn to food and get comfort that way, but that's what got me into this mess in the first place.

Emotional eating is very tough to beat, but I am right there with you! You are most certainly not alone in this.

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My emotions were really running my life all morning. Some disappointments just kept me in a nasty frame of mind. I did some meditation and got back on track so avoided overeating for those emotions. It is possible to make it through those times. I have to stop and sit in a quiet place for a while. Stop my head noise and just be simple. I admited to another human being that I was so driven by my emotions I felt nutty. I think the admission of my foolishness along with the meditation time was the answer to avoiding the crash into the food. I'm glad there is this placeto share some of these experiences with you all who understand how it can get like that. :)
  • teets19771
    Options
    Thank you, I just dont understand why I run to food knowing what it does it to me. Has anyone found a certain way to eat that helos also? Plus I always run to sugar.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I found that things with processed sugar in made me hungrier, if not hungrier it did make me seem to crave more baked goods and sweets. I stay away from thing swith processed sugar in most of the time.
    I ca also put away a lot of nut butters once I start. So if I am going throuh a time I can't moderate the amount of nut butter then I just don't even have it at all. Better safe tha n sorry is what I've learned ( the hard way). :/

• teets19771
    Options
    Sugar is my drug :s
  • JLG1986
    Options
    Take a try at walking away from sugar...it is very very hard for me to stay off refined sugar, but when I do I feel GREAT (physically and mentally). It is only emotional eating that gets me off that train. I'll be the first to admit, I have failed many many times, and I know that's part of being someone who binge eats and also eats for comfort. However, I have in the recent past managed to give up sugar and simple carbs for long enough to know how awesome it feels to have all that extra energy and a clear, unfoggy mind. That's why I keep striving to get there and stay there!
  • teets19771
    Options
    Thats is why im interested in leto
  • JLG1986
    Options
    New thing for me to learn :) what is Leto? Or was that Keto?
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have found that regularly choosing a limited amount of seeds or nuts really makes a difference in being able to combat cravings.....Because, the processed carbs tend to pull the trigger on binges. Still. It is a "pleasure center" thing in the brain....
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Dootzy, I will give your idea a try. I can't eat asmany nuts as are in nut butter as fast, so it is better than several spoonfuls of almond butter. Thanks for sharing that.
  • Ammi13
    Ammi13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Having the support of others and gathering ideas to help are always welcome.